Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

lost items

lost items2012-01-08T23:54:19+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Other lost items

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

laddybug3

I lost my cellphone now. Where did I put it? I have no clue. One time, my cellphone ended up in my boot. This time it is not in my boot. Makes me so mad and frustrated.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I used to have that problem with my keys. I forced myself into the habit of immediately putting my keys in my purse once I get home. Now I don’t have a problem with lost keys. Is there somewhere you could keep your cell phone at all times – your pocket maybe?

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

@divinemsq normally in my purse, on my safe (in safe) in room, on the charger, or in my hands. It is not in those places. This happens when I clean and that was what I did yesterday. It should have been found by now. I hope it is not like last cellphone I lost. Only to discover six months later in my boot.

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Have you tried phoning it ( from another phone of course)?

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

@nellie it is on silent, because I would forget to turn it off, which would ring at the wrong time.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

LOL, I posted about a month ago that I couldn’t find my cellphone. My husband said “call yourself”, so I did, and we went crazy trying to find it from the faint ringing sound – we even went outside to see if it was in the van. Turns out that it was in my sweater pocket (I was wearing the sweater at the time) and it was even set on vibrate as well as the loudest ring. I wasn’t paying attention when I put it in my pocket and got ready to leave.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

laddybug, the most certain way to find your cellphone is to buy a new one. then the old one will turn up, in a fit of jealousy 👿 that’s the same way I get things that are broken to start working again, I threaten to replace them with a newer model, sadly it doesn’t always work

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

No_dopamine that happened when I got my second cellphone. Found the first one in my boot.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve had to use my husband’s phone to call my phone. I’ve been pretty good though (for the most part) about making sure that the most important things I need (keys, phone, work badge) are kept in the same place every day as soon as I get home. When I forget, it’s pretty bad. Worse is that my husband gets to laugh at me when I find them in the very pockets I’m wearing.

Sometimes I lose things that are still in my hand… How is that even possible? You’d think I’d realize I was holding something.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

LOL, I once went looking for my glasses, couldn’t find them, I was wearing them 😳 How is that possible?

REPORT ABUSE

billd

True story about a former boss I had (one of the BEST i’ve ever had)

He was about 60 I suppose, it was an auto parts store and repair business. I worked in the shop. Niel came back into the shop – he got a wrecker call and was about to take the tow truck out………. it was chilly weather if I recall. He was looking for his hat. He’d been looking for it for a while. (it was on his HEAD!) when he came back to us, we all sort of signaled each other with only glances that we’d not tell him….

We let him look through the shop and I think he spent another 5 minutes and asked us again if we were SURE we’d not seen his hat.

Finally we had to let the poor fellow know so he could take off…… I think it was the service manager who finally pointed to the top of his head – and he reached up and calmly said “you horses @%%’s)

No, he was not ADD at all.

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve looked for things that:

I had in my hand not 30 seconds ago,

I put in a safe place where I just KNEW I’d remember them, only to be unable to recall where that was less than a week, sometimes less than a day, later,

Put in the file cabinet, then a year later, wasn’t sure how I was filing things, or what I would have called it or categorized is when I filed it.

However, it’s truly not always my fault……

Sometimes, rarely, but it does happen, my wife puts it away as she’s tired of seeing it sitting around

and one of the funniest times – one of the cats had taken off with it – and it was among their toys in another room.

I also found an item in my shoe one morning, can’t recall what it was, but it was something of mine they’d found and put into my shoe.

Koko is OCD, but I can’t really say that he’s ADD – I think his brother might be ADD…….hyper son of a gun, bounces off the walls.

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

I made brownies, because I lost me cellphone–day three of the missing phone. Yes, I lose something I need…I bake. So there. Since I lose a lot of things, well lets just say people think I will make a great housewife. The thought of being a housewife kills me. No, no, indoors for me. I plan on working.

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

Found my phone. It was in my roller clip bag. The strangest place; at least it was not in the boot.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Glad you found it!

Wouldn’t you just love to know where all those things we’ve lost for good are? I don’t mind if I don’t get them back, but there are still some items I can’t stop wondering about, such as:

– The toy lion with moveable legs I had when I was 5… I know I took it to my grandparents’ for the weekend, and at it vanished

– That Nike jacket I got as an “MVP” award for soccer in grade 8, which disappeared

– The necklace my friend gave me around the time when I met my husband… I always associated it with him =-)

Who knows?

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

I lost my hairdryer – for 2 years. My husband piped up that he knew where it was so I bought some styling mousse when I went shopping a couple of days ago.

Got the hairdryer back, finally and went to dry my hair. Can’t find the mousse.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)