Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

lost items

lost items2012-01-08T23:54:19+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Other lost items

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

my husband left his jeans at a retreat in the USA, the next time we went, they were there, laundered and folded. that’s one way to get your laundry done!

REPORT ABUSE

billd

Tiddler that is SOOO funny, sorry! I can relate, not with moose and dryers, but with other things.

REPORT ABUSE

munchkin

I lost the diamond out of my wedding ring – I was so devastated for about two weeks, I did nothing but lay around and mope.

Finally, I gave up, accepted the loss and started getting my affairs back in order. The first thing I needed to do was catch up on all the dirty dishes.

I removed all the piled up dishes from the sink so I could have a working space, and there was the diamond – one centimeter from the edge of the drain. If I would have turned on the water or made any wrong move at any time it would have been lost, but I was just incredibly, incredibly lucky!!!!

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

What gets me is the stuff I find lying around the house that I didn’t even know I had lost in the first place!

REPORT ABUSE

billd

dunno why reading this reminds me of these song lyrics……

When you wake up

You will find

That you’re not where you left yourself

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

No Dopamine, I do the glasses thing all the time! “Has anyone seen my glasses?” Usually when I ask this they’re up on my head, but, yes, I’ve occasionally asked where they were when they were right there on my face. : P

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

lucky find, munchkin!

quizzical – I was at the chiropractic’s office, and being careful, since the previous visit, I sat on my glasses while I put on my shoes. So I must have put the glasses on this time, and forgot that I’d done it 😥

REPORT ABUSE

sdwa
    Participant

Putting things “in a safe place” is always the kiss of death. I do crazy stuff like put my reading glasses in the dish cabinet, or run all over the house looking for something I parked in the refrigerator without thinking…whether it belongs in the fridge or not.

Hate when that happens.

One person I know keeps her keys physically attached to the inside of her purse with a retractable chain – this way she can drive her car without taking the keys out of the purse. I try to keep all critical items in the same bag, but God help me if I decide to accessorize differently.

I think my husband has ADHD too because he can’t EVER find his phone, his keys, his hat, a pen, his socks, etc. – and every time we leave the house – and I mean literally every time – he remembers something he forgot and has to go back inside 3-5 times to get it. It is not uncommon to drive 1 or 2 miles from the house before he remembers something else and we go back home.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)