Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Merry Christmas!! – OT

Merry Christmas!! – OT2010-12-24T15:16:53+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Other Merry Christmas!! – OT

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Merry ADHD Christmas everyone!! Watch out for all that shiny stuff on the tree, it’ll get ya every time!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

You too dude!

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

Merry Christmas to all. I am just happy I finished the cable knitted scarf for my Grandma. She is going to be one lucky person. We just lit a fire and now the alarms are going off and one says, “Fire, fire.”

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Merry Christman, everyone!

REPORT ABUSE

ADDled

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays…

This is probably the most trying time of the year for us. Let’s remember to take our meds and really rely on all our coping skills we’ve learned so far.

<humour>So much stimulation, so few meds….</humour>

It’s kinda interesting to watch all the neuro-norms (neurologically normal people…what I like to call people without ADHD) try and cope with the over-stimulation and their lack of coping skills at this time of year. I hope maybe they’ll understand our world a little more and know something about what we face throughout the rest of year.

Most of all, let’s just “be”.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

Despite my best intentions, efforts and meds to protect myself, my mom once again turned Christmas from something that should be celebrated, into something that must be endured. And I don’t want to endure another one. I’d much rather spend next Christmas all by myself in my own nice, quiet apartment.

Mom keeps putting off getting a proper diagnosis & treatment, because she has “so many other things to worry about”, like carpal tunnel syndrome, or her fear of heights. This is all B.S., because none of those “other things” has as much of an impact on her and the people around her, as that undiagnosed, untreated ADHD. It’s not her fault that she has it. But it’s very much her fault that she refuses to do anything about it.

No wonder I loathe all that happy, sentimental, joyous Christmas music. Compared to the Christmases in my family, it’s all a big lie.

REPORT ABUSE

Saffron

Really sorry to hear this, Larynxa.

For what it’s worth, I share your situation, to the extent that I do now spend Christmas on my own, and it’s been so for the past five years or so. It’s so much better. I claimed health reasons the first time, and then just politely excused myself in subsequent years. Christmas just has so many bad associations for me that I haven’t much use for it. I pretty much keep that to myself though, and am careful not to bring anybody down.

I have children, so I make sure it’s a positive time for them. After the kids have their gift opening, they go with their father to the grandparents’ from eve to Boxing Day. I clean up the Christmas wrap and put away the Yule music, put on some jazz and curl up with a hot cup, a fluffy quilt and a good book. Usually I forget that it’s Christmas until the kids come back. And that’s the way I like it.

Now, if only while in the car I could find a radio station that isn’t playing Christmas music.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)