Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Misunderstood Optimist Vent

Misunderstood Optimist Vent2011-11-09T03:27:11+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Venting! Misunderstood Optimist Vent

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Being negative all the time in FEAR of being knocked down from happy is a huge waste of life energy and is a common reason why some people refuse to be treated for depression or do not completely embrace wellness. I would much rather be happy most of the time and weather periodic nasty drops than be consistently miserable all of the time. (I would much rather not have bipolar..awesome if it would just go away… but I would rather experience my (medicated) bipolar moods than be constantly depressed). [just as psa to the world not to play around with unmedicated bipolar moods!!!]. because i would rather feel mildly depressed all the time versus out of control unmedicated bipolar moods lol. but that wasn’t the question, right?

I guess what I accidentally touched or remembered was that while I definitely believe in optimism, it is important that you maintain your drive for wellness and moving forward. or you can stagnate and miss opportunities to be even happier.

so hold on to that invaluable smile and spirit and use that strength to be the person you want to be =).

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@sugargremlin: thank you, that last post of yours is EXACTLY what I need today!

REPORT ABUSE

billd

………thinking of how life could be, all of the things our great men have said;

be what we want to be, what we deserve to be, what we are meant to be……..

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m someone who is pretty optimistic as well. I do my share of venting and even outright bitching and I’m not clueless about my circumstances either. This means that I adopted the military wives model many years ago about being happy whatever state I am in. (this means literal places btw) Life isn’t always wonderful. When you have ADD you might be suffering some of the consequences of some of your symptoms like I am. But, when you think of how bad some folks in some parts of the world have it, instead of comparing yourself to seemingly successful people here, you have it pretty good. Plus life is just too damn short to be living like you’ve been weened on a pickle all the time.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I Think this thread is pure win! So much truth and well defined thoughts that i myself couldnt put into words. Success is defined internally, by yourself. I cant cut my lawn on a regular basis, i shall post a thread about the details and give you guys a good laugh, so I dont judge my success by actually cutting it myself, but by hireing the right lawn guy and making sure it gets done properlly. My solution to my problem caused in most part by my add is my form of success. I think its how you have to see it!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sugargremlin

“”while I definitely believe in optimism, it is important that you maintain your drive for wellness and moving forward. or you can stagnate and miss opportunities to be even happier. “”

LanaKila000

” Life isn’t always wonderful. When you have ADD you might be suffering some of the consequences of some of your symptoms like I am. But, when you think of how bad some folks in some parts of the world have it, instead of comparing yourself to seemingly successful people here, you have it pretty good. Plus life is just too damn short to be living like you’ve been weened on a pickle all the time. “”

Amen to this!

REPORT ABUSE

billd

you gain the right to grow older by living today……….

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

yay! I’m so glad you guys related to that. I am a constant self-improver and have gotten past so many issues in life. just a few years ago, i learned to accept myself and …..enjoy….. the journey of self-improvement. (mostly lol).

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good on you SG, wonderful actually, but then you already know that!! :)

It really is paying back for the rest of my life. To quite honest, I don’t what else in my life has or will do that????

Toofat

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)