Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Most hurtful thing said this week

Most hurtful thing said this week2012-01-10T10:20:31+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Other Most hurtful thing said this week

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not sure if you guys are aware, but there is a pandemic flue all over Europe at the moment. Nothing serious just puts people out of action for a while. Anyway I’m at the tail end of it but have tried my best to complete school runs, house work, shopping etc.

This morning I felt weak as a kitten, so was running behind, all I got was anger directed at me, then told “your F’in sh@ty job, I earn 50 times more than you”!

Great way to start a day and bloody hurtful to boot :/

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Peter, I’m really sorry to hear that. You don’t deserve to be spoken to that way.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

As someone posted, the world is not here to make you happy, its here to make you conscious. The rest as they say is up to you :)

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

You Sir, are a better man than me. I would have lost it. And then my big mouth would have been running . so good for you. I wish I was more like that.

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

Peter Depending on my mood I would have done three things. Tell HR, run away and do my work, or smile and say, “I like to think that if there is a job needs doing money should have nothing to do with it. So if you can contain your emotional state and go to work with that 50 times more then me attitude, I am sure people will see right through your very demeaning exterior. You don’t want to mess with me. Have a great day! Oh, and if you swear at me again and talk to me with that fine attitude of yours; I am sure HR will love to hear about it. I would so hate to fill out paper work for HR, or talk to them. Now if you will excuse me, I have work to do.” Then waltz to work somewhat upset.

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Did this happen at home, Peter?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes it was at home, it was my wife lol… I’m over it and I think she knows she was out off line as she is as nice as pie! In the words of a wise sage, tea is best sipped warm! Or was that butter?

REPORT ABUSE

billd

I was once told by a college professor – “sometimes the best course of action is no action”

It appears that is the course you took, and it was a wise one.

Not so sure I’d have followed that advice………….

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

not meaning to be unkind, but has she been tested for bi-polar disorder?

REPORT ABUSE

sdwa
    Participant

Sometimes a stupid comment will upset me and I’ll obsess about it for hours. I will feel completely possessed by my fulminations to the point that nothing else seems to matter. I can get stuck in a mood and not be able to extract myself. A change of venue can help. My husband has cultivated a sense of humor and will sometimes ask, “Are you in orbit? Do I have to send the space shuttle up to retrieve you?” It’s good to have a person who helps me laugh at myself.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I kind of remember things, but no details, about interesting stuff I’ve seen on the internet, or even the weather report for the day. I’ll tell my husband at another time (sometimes just after I’ve shut down the computer or closed the browser window), and he’ll start asking questions. I’ll be frustrated because I want to answer but I don’t remember enough of the details to satisfy his extreme curiousity or analytical mind. So lately I just respond “I didn’t know there would be a quiz later” :? Unfortunately my memory is not getting any better.

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

it’s amazing, that all the details that we are given to remember are hard to remember. But when there is a negative word spoken that word by somebody with ADHD is like a square peg in a round hole and I know for myself I spend hours and hours and hours and sometimes cost me my you are job of assessing about. This to me until a year ago was normal. I was always under the impression that it was always somebody else’s doing.

I don’t understand why we all seem to get caught up with the little details that we find negative flowing at us. Get the smallest details that we are given to do in regards to responsibility seem to slip right past us and get abandoned missed placed we , for some reason in our subconscious choose not to complete the task at hand properly.

REPORT ABUSE

nanaimo

No_dopamine, I get that the angry outburst by Peter’s wife was hurtful and you were wondering why she did it. However, asking if she’s ever been tested for bi-polar disorder based on one outburst isn’t quite the right approach. We all have our bad days and grown adults sometimes do childish things. It doesn’t mean our first response should be to wonder if that behaviour is caused by a disorder.

For one thing, imagine you lost your temper with a friend in public. Your friend had repeatedly spread rumours about you, you talked about it, you forgave them and they promised never to do it again. You just found out they had done it again for the 10th time. A stranger walking by says, “Wow, you clearly need anger management issues! I’m going to call the police because you could get violent!” That stranger is undermining your very justified feelings. Not only would you feel bad, but it trivializes the challenges faced by people that actually have anger issues.

Now, if Peter said for the last year, his wife had times where she seemed to be “high on life”, prone to taking risks, so full of energy she barely seemed to sleep, yet at other times she seemed unable to enjoy her usual pastimes, overly tired, unusually anxious….I would agree that she needs a psychiatric evaluation. I would still stop short of assuming she was bi-polar. Us laypeople can certainly notice symptoms in ourselves and others but we should try not to jump to a diagnosis without the full clinical picture a doctor needs to make a diagnosis.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)