Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

My (long) story

My (long) story2009-12-06T00:34:18+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! My Story My (long) story

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can do it, Joe! You may just be studying the wrong stuff. On the other hand, I’ve been a computer programmer for the last 24 years. I failed the first two computer classes I ever took, even though I probably knew more about the big picture of how they actually WORKED than the teachers.

The only real requirement of the college I attended was ATTENDANCE. If you showed up, you passed. If you made any attempt at all to do the work, you got a C. If you did it well, you got an A. (Memphis State University, 1985–we had great basketball teams)

So every one of my college “report cards” contained virtually every letter of the alphabet. If I liked a subject, I couldn’t get enough of it and the professors became friends. But if something made me miserable, I could not bring myself to sit through a single hour of a lecture on it. I’d just go loiter at the “Steak & Egg Kitchen” and read the paper until the fun class started. Then I’d limp through the two multiple-choice exams on logic alone. Most of the time I could get by.

I wasn’t a party animal, I worked and paid my own way through college. I can’t help but think that my time would’ve been better spent elsewhere. Almost six years gone.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)