Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Myers Briggs

Myers Briggs2010-02-02T23:31:24+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Other Myers Briggs

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Bibliophile

I used to think that I was an INTP, but truth be told I hate theory and care only about application. These days, when I take the M-B test I come out as an ISTP. I am surprised there are not more on the blog as this type tends to prefer action, an ADHD trait, with little care for theory. Very hands on.

However, one could argue that ISTPs are less likely to respond in a forum and therefore they are only under represented because of the nature of the type to not bother with conversing with others (they are introverted) and to want to tackle things themselves.

REPORT ABUSE

Curlymoe115

I have taken the test a few times and each time depending on how I am feeling I get different answers. Today I am ESFP but the other day I was a ISFP and before I was other things. I guess it has more to do with how I feel about what the question is asking and how I fit in then what the question is asking.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I too am an INFP. I’ve taken the Myers-Briggs test seven times in somewhat different forms over twenty years and scored the same every time. It seems to resonate with me and what I have done altruistically and idealistically.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was told that the difference between introverted and extroverted is where you get your “energy” from. Introverts get it from within themselves, where extroverts bounce off other people.

Another test is considering what company you’d want if you had to be locked in a house for 2 days: Would you want to have someone else there, or would you want to be alone?

I’m most definitely an extrovert according to these definitions.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I get either INFP or ENFP depending on my mood. It makes me fun to be around since you never know if I hate people or not that day.

REPORT ABUSE

Saffron

Well this is interesting! I’m another ENFP. :)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey head in the highlands

I recently took Myers Briggs too!

I am also INTP

37 years old, B.Sc. Degree, unemployed 1 year now, ADHD (diagnosed almost 20 years ago) and OCD

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wonder if my wife were to go over the test questions with me, would I still be an INTP

historically in self diagnosis we are not as honest with ourselfs as we may think (perception vs real)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I found this website. It’s kind of interesting. I didn’t read all of it,but what I read is, like I said, interesting. :)

http://borntoexplore.org/addtemp.htm

Oh, sorry,I almost forgot, I’m INFP

LOL! This is kind of hilarious. I took the “fun” test at the bottom of the page and here are my results.

Your distinct personality, The Benevolent Ruler might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. You are the idealistic social dreamer. Your overriding goal is to solve the people problems of your world. You are a social reformer who wants everyone to be happy in a world that you can visualize. You are exceptionally perceptive about the woes and needs of humankind. You often have the understanding and skill to readily conceive and implement the solutions to your perceptions. On the positive side, you are creatively persuasive, charismatic and ideologically concerned. On the negative side, you may be unrealistically sentimental, scattered and impulsive, as well as deviously manipulative. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today’s corporate kingdoms.

REPORT ABUSE

agnoscet

ENTP here. I have no question that we occupy the NT/NF corner of the universe. There seem to be more Ps than Js in my experience.

It’s also an interesting percentage of the Myers Briggs results. So which begets which? I wonder if there’s been a peer reviewed study of the ADD/NP correlation. Rick? Dr J? Anyone?

REPORT ABUSE

Wgreen
    Participant

I think it’s interesting that ADD people would be interested in personality profiles when they have a disorder that distorts personality. To pick up a Jungian thread, many of us have “shadows” that are often so dense that our true personalities (i.e., the personalities we would have were it not for our neurological issues) can be locked away, even from those who know us well. We know that medications have the potential to change personalities radically. But sometimes those changes are distortions, too. The question many of us struggle with is, “Who am I really?” Or , “Who would I be, what could I achieve, if I didn’t have to contend with ADD/ADHD?” If one is happy to live with ADD and the resulting personality it produces, Myers-Briggs might be instructive. But for those of us who struggle with our ADD (not to mention the psychological baggage that rides along) and want desperately to mitigate it, Myers-Briggs falls short. It has no algorithm that enables it to penetrate beneath the disorder to reveal a hidden, uncorrupted personality. Only effective treatment over time—if you can find and afford it— can shed some light on that.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is very interesting. I am an INFP and my sister, who had ADD was an ENFP.

Scouttie

REPORT ABUSE

Jeannius
    Participant

I’m INFP…always comes out that way with one exception…I was once INTP…but that was a period of time I was working on controlling my emotions rather than them controlling me. I am more ADD than ADHD…Was only recently diagnosed under a year ago. My daughter is also ADD and is INFJ. It’s interesting to see how much is falling into place after finding out about being ADD…..many personality/psychological things come up when I research traits of ADHD/ADD…especially those who go undiagnosed for years and women in specific.

REPORT ABUSE

caper

I’m a xNTJ, with the x weakly falling on the E rather than the I.

My main ADD symptoms are emotional impulse control problems, poor working memory, and distractibility. No inattentive issues.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am an ENFP married to a ISTJ….HELP?!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)