Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Nutritional Inattentive ADD Help, It Really Works

Nutritional Inattentive ADD Help, It Really Works2012-10-01T00:36:55+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Alternative Therapies Nutritional Inattentive ADD Help, It Really Works

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author

kc5jck
    Participant

I freeze KitKats and don’t have a problem except that the chocolate becomes hard and difficult to bite. But it doesn’t melt in the hands so badly.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

OMG!!! HAHA! I guess I was distracted again.

Yes, I did mean coconut oil.

And there was no issue with it coming out of the freezer. I often eat chocolate right from the freezer (it tastes better). And with the coconut oil it melts in your mouth pretty quickly.

P.S. The website also mentioned taking bile salts if you have limited gall bladder function, to help digest the fats. I think someone mentioned that they had theirs removed (mine was, I will be looking into it).

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Gall bladder? I was getting a physical and the doctor asked me when I had my gall bladder out. Puzzled I looked down and saw the scar he was looking at and said “My horse bit me!” (Bit of farm humor)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Must be an old joke. Its laporoscopic now, barely any scar to notice.

Seriously though, my symptoms have gone downhill since then, so maybe there’s something there. Maybe my lack of a gall bladder has contributed. Though it could also be my kids’ fault (mommy brain?).

I may have to stop following this conversation. Now that its on the second page that’s too much work for me ;)

REPORT ABUSE

ipsofacto

One of the best ways to use coconut oil is in Indian, Malaysian, or Thai cooking. If you use the bars, you can grate it into marinades, or use it in sauces.

REPORT ABUSE

bucklipe

I no longer have my gall bladder, it tried to kill me with gangrene.

Mine burst 90 days prior to the removal (most people would have been in the hospital at this point, I have a REAL HIGH pain tolerance).

In the laparoscopic procedure I started bleeding out due to the gangrenous tissue, so I have the large scar and a couple of small titanium clamps.

I’ll look into the bile salts. The bile salts that the doctor did not mention…

REPORT ABUSE

Violexie0071

Anything Hydrogenated is bad. Learned this in several college biology, chem and organic chem classes. You hydrogenate a fat then you are asking for a clogged artery.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hydrogenated is definitely bad, so you need to get the pure virgin coconut oil.

Coconut oil used to cook popcorn got a bad wrap in the 80’s but that was hydrogenated. As far as I know no one has ever proved anything wrong with the pure stuff.

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

well i finally got around to buying the coconut oil but so far it has just been taking up space on my counter . I did try taking a taste – must say the stuff tastes like lard , I was expecting a coconut taste! Keep meaning to look up recipes but well… y’all know how the rest of that add story goes!

Incidentally, I haven’t signed in all week – I tried last monday and saw it was ADD awareness week. Well as if the fates played some silly joke on me, all of a sudden my password no longer worked. I assumed I had changed it and forgotten what I’d done. No matter what I did it rejected. Couldn’t get a reset because I had used a sneakermail address as my email. Even tried making a new account and it wouldn’t let me complete the process. Anyhow for some reason tonight my old password worked! . I thin the data base has ADD :-)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh no Nellie, you sound like you had a hard time. Could your caps lock have been on? That’s happened to me before, lol.

Anyway the coconut oil is Much more palatable in its liquid state so give that a shot. Also I’d previousely posted a recipe for coconut oil chocolate in this thread, if you’d like to try it.

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Yes, meant to say the chocolate recipe looks interesting.

But I can’t find any liquid version. I’ve seen the lardish stuff in two places though. By the term “oil” I was expecting something with a consistency like regular cooking oil.

Hmm cap lock on -could be…

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, that’s probably because coconut oil is solid at room temperature though it will liquify slightly above. And in the fridge its rock hard. And it remains stable throughout all the thawing and solidifying. Check the organic section of your grocery (if it has one). And you want it to be virgin I think (just not hydrogenated or modified).

Good luck :)

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Just looked – the stuff I bought say it’s “100% pure” and “refined.” According to Wikipedia :

“Unlike virgin coconut oil, refined coconut oil has no coconut taste or aroma. RBD oil is used for home cooking, commercial food processing, and cosmetic, industrial, and pharmaceutical purposes.”

I think I’ll use it as hand cream or to make soap then :-)

I saw the stuff you are talking about in the organic section – it was nearly double the price! This jar was about 7$ if I remember and the other one was $13 something.

REPORT ABUSE

bucklipe

Fear not having a taste of the cooking version of the coconut oil. It is the same thing. Looking at the labels both of them say cold pressed or expeller produced it is the same. Both of them are solid at 76 degrees and below. I keep mine on the counter by the back of the fridge where the heat comes up so it stays liquid. Both of them can be used interchangeably but I use the less expensive one from the cooking section. Both of them taste the same and behave the same when used in recipes…

REPORT ABUSE

Sugar_Shane

Has anyone tried this?

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)