Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Okay – how to cope without medical help, please?

Okay – how to cope without medical help, please?2012-04-04T10:23:38+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Other Okay – how to cope without medical help, please?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

laddybug3

I write lists. Each lists has 3 things on it that I am to do in the morning, afternoon, and evening, set timer to get things done. Write the list the night before that way you are not wasting time. Remember only 3 things or 5 if you can handle the load. Knitting helps me focus, and unwind.

Boxing and kickboxing are great exercise for ADDers perfect for jumpy, stressed out, or just want to kick or punch something. You start out stretching, next you’re running, punching/kicking, back to running, then jumping jacks/seal jacks, punching kicking, ladders, jumprope, punching/kicking, running through punching bags, skipping through punching bags, punching combo/kicking combo, through each bag, then push ups, lunges, crunches, then back to punching at your bag this time for another combo. All this in an hour. I love it and wonder what will I be doing next.

When cooking set timer(s), and stay in the room you are cooking. Trust me you don’t want to be in another room then wander where that beeping is coming from, and you recall where the food is, your food is up in smoke. Any work you have todo do it while you are cooking. Only when food is in the oven/stove, microwave, ect.

At night, take a bath. I like to read in the bath and sometimes hum. Take a bath in the morning too. That way you are relaxed when you start the day. Note: Set timer in the morning, because sometimes I fall asleep or daydream and two hours past. Trust me you don’t want to be late for class, or work in your case.

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Hey laddybug, your days sound really fun! I love your energy.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)