Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Paper work and Emails finally caught up with me!

Paper work and Emails finally caught up with me!2012-09-26T07:38:28+00:00

The Forums Forums The Workplace Strategies for Work Paper work and Emails finally caught up with me!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Carrie

Well…. Due to my ignoring of paper work and emails I have gotten myself into a bit of a pickle. If I would have fully read one (of the MILLION) emails I got sent I would not have made a potential life threatning mistake. I work as a nurse, and one of my patients was changed to a certain diet, which I kind of knew, but not the FULL details because I just skimmed the email. I fed him something he WASN’T to have and he choked severely. Yes I used my “J-thrusts” and saved him. He is just fine. No problem there. The problem now is facing his wife, the doctor and my boss as to why I fed him that sandwhich when it was sent in emails and written in his chart about a month ago NOT to do so….. ARRRG!

There is ALWAYS about 10 different e-mails sent a day from my work that I need to keep up with. Always lots of charting I need to back read on, then lots of new Doctors orders, faxes, lab work that needs review and frankly as soon as I see the pile of paper work I run. I do EVERYTHING else under the sun to avoid it! I re-labled all the names on the charts. I re-did the entire MAR. I organized (the only time I can organize) all the books in the cupboard. They all look amazing! But now im in a bit of trouble because I’ve neglected the paper work I was to do! My one co-worker commented on how on my days off im going through all my work e-mails or how on my first day back from days off I am always extra early so I can try to catch up. With out doing this I would be very very very lost!

I read the recent blog post ehre about having a “paper work double” but in my line of work, I can’t take the paper work home. It HAS to be done here. Im drowning in it and its finally caught up to me. I can’t just fake my way through any more! HELP! I don’t want to tell my boss “…Well I have ADD and I have problems with paper work” I don’t want it to look like an excuse and I don’t want it to be by any means! I just don’t know what to do! HELP! I see the only way I can do this is maybe come in on my days off but then what kind of days off are those??

REPORT ABUSE

Amy

Can you set a timer during the day and say, “OK, during these 10 minutes (or however many, just make it small), I’m going only going to read emails during this time.” That’s what I do when I have paperwork that has to be done or read. I just do it a little bit at a time.

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

Hmmm, that’s definitely one of the reasons why I seek to avoid responsibility, because I just ‘zone-out’ if somebody is boring me unto death with ‘tedious’ details. I just seem unable to process ‘details’ for they don’t seem to compute with me. Occasionally I’ll grasp something, but I just find over-elaboration to be a form of cruel and unusual punishment…thankfully the patient didn’t need a death certificate, eh? While I was reading your post I was envisioning a little cartoony thing like this as the cops began to grill me: ‘Allan, you read the email saying that the fella wasn’t able to to consume peanuts, and yet you gave him a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast, was it an act of malice because he vomitted on your shoes last night? ‘No, of course not I’d stammer beween sobs, I was going to throw those shoes out anyway, and besides a peanut butter sandwich isn’t raw peanuts is it? How the hell could a bloody harmless peanut butter sandwich be a precursor to a Priest administering The Last Rites? Why wasn’t the lid of the jar emblazoned with a warning or something? If you wanna blame somebody, start there…’

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

When I was little, all the toys were metal with sharp edges and little pieces you could choke on. It was part of the theory of natural selection that weeds out all the stupid kids from the gene pool. It’s how I learned how to identify sharp things that could cut so that today I still have all my fingers after running power saws for years. Pain is a good teacher. You don’t see old people doing stupid things with sharp objects.

In today’s litigeous society, kids are not held accountable for their own stupidity but are rewarded with a settlement from a big lawsuit against an innocent manufacturer whose product was used for a purpose never intended. Google the Darwin awards for examples.

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

As a kid you never jumped from a roof to see if you could fly? I rarely had any toys because I usually pulled them apart to see what was inside….books however I held in reverential awe! It would have been an act of desecration to damage, or deface a book! Books were like other worlds for me, and I am yet to see a movie which was better than the book!

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Oh, we jumped from the roof all the time. It was the quickest way down. That’s how I learned to look before I leap.

Other things were:

Sh#T flows downhill – i.e. Don’t piss off mom

You can’t push on a rope – useful to know when being towed on roller skates

Red means stop – even if it’s shaped like an hourglass and not on a pole 😥

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Amy – I sure will do that with reading my emails!

The Darwin awards are AWESOME! I used to jump off the shop roof to see if I could float down using a garbage bag… Didnt work. So I tried with a kite… Balloons, umbrella… Nothing worked. Would also jump off the roof onto the trampoline. I would also take my Barbies head and try to fit them onto their waists. I didn’t play with toys much either. I never read. HATE it! In school however I would ace my “novel studies” without even reading a full page of it hahahahahaha

I’ve read a total of 4 books. All about 2 years ago. If its non-fiction forget about it. I agree that reading is better than a movie only for the sole fact the imagination is ALWAYS better than real life. I do love to watch movies though. Depends on the movie. Gosh im rambling. Oh how I miss my video games.

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

Yeah, Imagination! *sigh* If only life was calibrated to our imaginations, eh? What an amazing trip that would be! I’d never want to sleep! So much wonder, awe, and magic! So much better than boring old dreary mundane and dull real world…

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

My fave game used to be ‘Pacland’ with pacmans and balloons and all sorts of great things…I used to put haldf my wages through one of those machines when I was 18 😆

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Sleep means dreaming and dreams are THE best!! Even the bad ones. As a child I had nightmares all the time. I grew to accept them. But thats imagination as a movie! The best unpredictable, whacked out adventures ive had! Well… non-induced hahahaha

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

I didn’t have patience for pacman. Im a button masher type player. Give me an old school fighting game, I’ll whoop your butt with my button mashing techniques! 1942 was great.

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

ROFL! Heh, I’m crap at those fighting games….I played a karate one for a while but I’d get mad when my guy got his arse whipped, but oh yeah, dreams are THE BEST!!! I love my dreams! I call it fellowshipping with Morpheus who was the Greek God of Dreams…In another thread I shared a couple of ’em: I lost an epic 5 set Wimbledon Final to Pete Sampras, and another one was about the end of the world due to a nuclear holocaust. I had that dream in the mid 80’s and the Arny movie had nothing on my dream…if the special effects could be transferred from my thick skull to a movie screen I’d be the best cinema in the world! 😆

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Or when your falling asleep and then when all the BEST ideas hit you? You think to yourself you will remember in the morning but you never do. I always hear really AWESOME bass lines playing in my head while falling asleep… ugh. Frustrating. What about reoccurring dreams? There was a house in mine. An old dark house. It was always night. Same dark vines with HUGE thorns crawling up the sides. I was once shot in that house. In another dream zombies lived there. My class often had field trips there for some reason. Another place in my dreams is this pond that is muddy in colour. Very warm, has no bottom and is about 20 feet long by 6 feet wide and just crawling with toads and frogs. Often in that dream my dad takes me there and I just run around as if in heaven trying to catch the toads. There’s also this weird city in my dreams, a weird basement I always go to thats full of pipes going everywhere. In all my dreams the light is either dark, or its night.

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

Yeah, I do have some recurring dreams. Sometimes I’ll have a dream that’s kind of in instalments. I’ll sometimes dream the next episode of a dream that I’d dreamt sometimes years earlier. I had another recurring dream about coming off an amusement ride at a park and soaring through the air like a rocket watching everything beneath me shrink to the size of specks on the ground to then begin a rapid descent that saw the specks getting larger by the nano-second as I was now out to sea to realise that I was now far out away from land mass and heading towards the bottom of some vast ocean whilst being trapped within my ‘lil cage thingy heading towards an inevitable drowning…

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

I’ve had some great poems whilst asleep and forgotten every word of them when I’m awake, and I’ve even dreamt of fantastic inventions that haven’t existed yet, but forgotten them in the morning too! Weird. I’m not even a very practical person, and don’t like playing with tools or making things because I always fuck things up…

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)