Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Perfect!!!

Perfect!!!2012-11-12T06:35:47+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t get people?? There’s a whole forum area for this??? Wow! Awesome!!!

I guess I”M not at all surprised.. I was on Ritalin as a kid… I never really thought about it carrying on into adulthood..

At one point I guess the ritalin just stopped. I think I didn’t want’ to take it anymore. As an adult, I tried it another time after getting into trouble at work, and also tried the … Concerta.. but this made me crazy depressed. I was never diagnosed for it though, simply told them I had ritalin as a akid and was having trouble at work. I never really thought of it as having other implications.. all this time I”m thinking.. what’s wrong with me?? I guess there may be another thing or two wrapped up in there.. I’ve been wondering if I”m high functioning aspergers.. but I have no problems recognizing facial expressions.. .. any way. Nice to meet everyone.

SO.. who else here sometimes feels like they have a two year old running amok in their brain? Running? Screaming? Jumping from one piece of furniture to the next? Yelling non nonsensical words and noises just for fun?? And secretly want to join them??

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Secretly want to join them?? Sheesh! My kids thought it was normal until they started to go to school and went to other kids homes… I will never forget when my son came home and said “Mom, your weird” no.. just the other parents are boring! hahahaha

When I get those urges at home I do that. At least when not on meds. I make high pitched squeals… as a kid I would run up to my siblings slap them and run away. When my kids were little I would set up an obstacle course by laying chairs on the ground and I would run around having my 3 year old chase me and carry my 2 year old jumping over and around the furniture. I break into random song and weird voices. Yelling jibberish at my husband who’s in the basement thinking im actually trying to talk to him. hahahahahahahaha I like to dance like this http://youtu.be/Np9_VSEH330 I use lots of those moves hahaha they are GREAT! “Chernobyl Child” is my favorite move! I frequently entertain myself with my little comics I draw and my own thoughts.

As I said in another post this song here http://youtu.be/BRZ2Xw_o6FY sums up what my brain feels like pretty much all the time.

WELCOME! :)

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

Wowee, as far as secretly goes, I’ve been secretly hoping to play with with lots of childish ADD’ers here! Well, apart from in real life of course, that would be be so much FUN!!!!! πŸ˜† I’m more immature than my kids, and I much prefer the silly nonsense of children to the dull boringness of seriously boring grown ups! Oh Carrie, I reckon if we lived near one another in a small town we’d have a mob chasing us with pitchforks and clubs! Oh the fun and mischief we’d get up to! I once let down all of the tyres of the cars in a small street and then watched the hullaballoo as the bores were all charging around late for their stupid jobs! Oh boy, so much mischief as a kid, and erm, as an un-kid…. 8) πŸ˜†

Yeah, nice to seeya newbier (I’m a newbie too) and I hope that you hang around and play! πŸ˜†

Carrie, you’re a blast and a hoot! C’mon, stop holding back, be the fruit loop that you wanna be, don’t worry about the disapproving murmurs from the, um, somewhere, and let’s annoy the bejesus out of everybody…Don’t forget I’m 45, so there!

*puts a tadpole in Carries glass of water, and a snail on Kydilee’s sandwich*

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

bah!! Slimy gross!! I’m gonna throw a can of paint at you! Then we can go make shillouhettes on building walls!!! :)

I TOTALLY getcha about the play part.. I’m so excited right now to have two 5 year old nieces.. I want to play with them all the time while they’re young. I want to be the super fun aunt. Though my one niece broke my heart last time.. and told me to go be with the other grownups.. boo!! :)

I’ve always just thought that my playfullness was a sagitarious/fire sign trait. Interseting to know it might be more than that. There’s a meetup.com ADD group in my area I just found out.. can’t wait to meet some of them!

REPORT ABUSE

Misswho23

Ah yes the weird noises and random songs. I have a little lounge act I sing to my pets. Then I forgot when my boyfriend was over and started up with the weird noises and singing. He just looks at me. Although given the right moment he’s just as weird.

And I have a thing for making high pitched beeping noises. Mostly to watch the cat jump. And sometime just to get that sudden burst of energy to get out somewhere.

When I was a teen I was the favorite baby sitter. Although a few parents would call in worry wondering why their kids were running around yelling shark attack and then jump all over the furniture telling the parents it was the safe zone. When I was called about this I just replied haven’t you ever played tag? Well it’s tag with a twist. And a sure fire way to get their buts into bed. They didn’t seem to mind too much because I was always called back. And the kids would always yell for more shark attacks.

The parents were worried I had let them watch the movie jaws. You get good at noises and you don’t have to see the movie to get the drift.

Also Gollem anyone? I love the precious. That voice is great camping when the kids are in the tent at night. Then creep up and yell “you have the precious!” while scratching at the door of the tent. I almost made my stepson and his friend pee their pants.

What’s life is you can’t have fun along the way?

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

*puts the tadpole in her aquarium* *steals the snail and puts it in her terrarium* I LOVE snails! They are soooooo cute! X]

I always act like a nut Allan. I never hold back. Most people think im on drugs or drunk when I don’t take my medication. I could really care less now. If they take the time to get to know that im a nice person, great! If they just roll their eyes and don’t even try to get to know me… well then, im better off not knowing them anyways!

MissWho! I always make high pitch beeping noises too! I didn’t know that I did until a co-worker pointed it out! Thats just it too!! Just to get that sudden burst of energy out! hahahahaha Love it!

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

Oh, so it’s like that, eh? *puts a dollop of crunchy peanut butter on Carrie’s car seat and then rolls on Kydilee’s bed covered in paint* 😈 πŸ˜†

Heh, I used to have fun with paint! When I was 6 or 7 I completely painted a neighbour’s car with house paint! I thought that I was doing them a favour, and I couldn’t understand why I got in so much trouble over it…as a teenager I did a bit of ‘painting’ too, usually an A in a circle…. πŸ˜†

Yikes, all of this nutty stuff is familiar….I love making weird noises, and, erm, I can’t help acting weird either. Whether it’s pulling funny faces, or doing a silly walk, or ‘lil dance move. I was doing stupid traffic control yesterday, and I pulled faces at a few of the grumpy old faces, and I saluted some other people, then I did a bit of a walk with the giant lollipop as my pretend walking stick…oh, had some fun with some toddlers though! I didn’t notice that they were all watching me from a daycare centre yard. Poor little things stuck in prison! I waved from the middle of the road, and they were all waving back, and for a while we were doing silly stuff back and forth until the staff came to see what the kids were all doing…meh, the killjoys took them away :(

Oh Carrie, I don’t doubt for a nan-second that you are One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest kooky (and I mean that as a compliment btw) and I reckon you’d be a blast to go get into mischief with! Imagine the fun we’d have had if we were class buddies at school!!!! I just wanted to be free!!!! I couldn’t handle the conformity to bloody everything, and I had to make my own fun… 😈 πŸ˜†

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

FYI… For those of you here .. if you havn’t yet heard of/ seen Invader Zim..

you MUST watch this .. RIGHT .. NOW!!

Prt 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S28LQYiJq0

prt 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Rx9dzdI9xGM&feature=endscreen

There are 18 parts making up ep 1.

You’re welcome. I apologize to your families and everyone you now in advance.

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Carrie and everyone, over on the other thread, they are talking about what they are reading. Check out Stiff by Mary Roach it’s about things done with bodies when they are dead.

I think you’d really like it Allen.

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Carrie and everyone, over on the other thread, they are talking about what they are reading. Check out Stiff by Mary Roach it’s about things done with bodies when they are dead.

I think you’d really like it Allen.

REPORT ABUSE

anniea

Welcome newbies… I too am a little playful and I am happier when I can just be ME… The other day I brought a client into Physical Therapy.. the PT told me I could stay… instead of waiting in the waitning room… So I found a trampoine to bounce on.. (What a kick..hadn’t done that in years.. PT was ok with it.. said “You must have a 5 yr old inside that likes to play”.. duh…

When I was dayshift at the Nursing Home, I sang all the time, or whistled.. especially when I was STRESSED.. which was most of the time.. but I wasn’t the only nurse that did that so I wasn’t totally odd.. It was the dancing to Lawrence Welk and passing pills that usually got me noticed.. I mean really doesn’t everyone waltz when they hear waltz music?? If I can’t dance I don’t want to be part of the revolution..

Fun makes work bearable…

TTFN Annie

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

Invader Zim, eh? For some reason I can only watch youtube vids on google chrome, not google πŸ™„ …I hope that it makes sense to you, because it seems ludicrous to me. Why it would be accesible on one version of google, but not another, is downright ridiculous, no? πŸ˜† I’ve jotted it down, and will check it out later… 8)

KC and the sunshine band, what the hell are you suggesting? πŸ˜† That my fave song is ‘Cold Ethyll’ by Alice Cooper???? I can’t even look at dead things without feeling disgust and nausea….*shudder*….years ago when I was going away for an Easter long week-end with an ex g/f we drove past a crash scene. The traffic was crawling after a very lengthy delay, and I was admiring the special shiny lights on the road when I noticed a blanket thrown over what was obviously a person that had come to grief. I had been jibbering away, but I showed my g/f the grisly sight, and then I started to cry! The week-end away was ruined! All that I could think of was who it was, how old that person was, how bad was the sight under the blanket, where was that person going, what was that person doing that led to such a terrible outcome, what was that person doing the morning before, had that person considered an alternative route, and if so why hadn’t that person taken it etc etc. Every now and again I’ll re-live that terrible moment that I just happened to catch a glimpse of a corpse covered in a blue blanket…*shudder*…

Hi annie!!! You sound like a hoot too! Isn’t work so boring? Especially if stuck with those dull serious boring types that seem to live with a clipboard glued to their stupid boring hands????? Rules and regulations blah blah bloody blah…ugh, don’t you sometimes get the urge to snatch a clipboard from one of those bores and just start smashing it over their boring heads? πŸ˜†

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

INVADER ZIM! My kids LOVE that show! It is pretty cool.

Annie – I do the SAME thing! hahaha The residents love it though! My co-workers always think im drunk when not on medication. Its really funny. Today I didn’t take my meds until noon and I showed up with my pants on backwards and was waaaaaaaaaay off in space. I always tell my patients to remind me because I often get distracted with other things and completely forget about the glass of water they asked for or even worse a PRN pain med. hahaha oh my! I always tell them “Its really reassuring when you have an oblivious, forgetful nurse eh?” hahahaha

CK- Awesome book! I want to check it out! I don’t care about reading much but I do like non-fiction. I havent tried to read since being on medications… I havent really found an interesting book I wanted to read. That I will read! WOoo!! Im excited for it! Have you heard of Gunther von Hagens? I told my husband when I die I want to be plasticized and then be the greeter at the museum and hold a tray of goodies for everyone to enjoy! That, or donate me to science. The first option I like better. He’s not keen on either of the options. But I don’t want to be burned… and I don’t want to be in the ground… I rather be in a dumpster or made useful. Fire my corpse into space! Let me visit with the astronauts and aliens. I can hear the astronauts now “Here comes Carrie again!” and those with telescopes can watch me pass by every so often hahahahahaha Oh oh oh!! They can put into a superman… or better yet a super woman pose! AWESOME!

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

I fantasise about a cure for mortality being discovered and living forever, sort of like a crusty old barnacle on the planet that just annoys everybody… 8)

Hmmm, I’d definitely enjoy a bit of a tour of the vastness of The Cosmos! Who wouldn’t? We cannot even begin to comprehend the vastness of space, and when considered in that context, all of the bullshit that we think is so important anybody with the capacity to think for themselves ought to surely see the utter futilityof our pathetic nonsense…

People working like robots, for what? An overpriced shoebox in the suburbs that is in reality little more than a plot in a cemetery! I do get bloody annoyed by the treatment meted out to us by the droid robots, and wish that I had an invisible taser thingy so that I could give the bores a short sharp zap every now and again just to remind them that they’re not all stainless steel and solar powered batteries…. πŸ˜†

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

LOL πŸ˜€

I just found this thread. And it reminded me that it’s Saturday morning! I used to love watching Saturday morning cartoons but I haven’t had the chance for the last 6 years since I was always working. I have a lot of catching up to do. πŸ™‚

I have to sadly admit that I was a “good” child. I never did anything crazy like letting the air out of people’s tires or repainting their cars for them. Though I did pick every flower in the next door neighbours garden one time as a Mother’s Day present for my mom. I didn’t mean to pick them all but once I started I couldn’t stop. They were all so pretty! Needless to say mom was not too happy with her present that year. And I wasn’t too happy about having to go apologize to the scary old man. πŸ™

I have toys all over the house. One of my favourites is my multicoloured Hoberman sphere. I love tossing up in the air and watching it expand and then collapse again. And last Easter the Easter Bunny brought me a bunny ball shooter. You put little foam balls in his nose and then he shoots them out when you squeeze him.

And I make weird noises and high pitched noises too! For the same reason, because it wakes me up and makes me feel more energetic.

Okay, it’s time to go be a grown up again. So glad I found this thread and got in touch with my inner 5 year old again. πŸ˜€

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)