Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Perfect!!!

Perfect!!!2012-11-12T06:35:47+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

@Blackdog, growing up is highly overrated. I prefer to remain immature forever.

Have you ever seen cartoon voice-artists at work?  It should be called “play”, because we throw our whole faces and bodies into it, to get the right sound.

At my last cartoon voice lesson, my voice coach gave me a script and warned me that it was way harder than it appeared.  Why?  Because the character was a ball of goo that bounced, squashed, stretched, and morphed into different shapes.  What would that sound like? The only way to find out, was to totally become the character and do all those things…

It was a blast for me to do, and a joy for my voice-coach to watch.  She said that when I fling myself into really goofy characters like that, my whole face lights up, like I’m a little kid having the time of my life.

She also said that most of her other students have a really hard time figuring out that “ball of goo”—but not me!

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

BTW, last week, I saw a T-shirt that spoke real truth:  “ADHD is how boring people describe interesting people”.

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

@Larynxa, I totally agree. I have no plans to grow up. I just have to play at being a grown up every so often.

Congrats on your great voice session. I thought about doing cartoon voices when I was a kid because I thought it would be fun. But I never had any idea how to get into doing it.

I also wanted to be a toy tester. I thought it would be cool to get paid to play with toys.

Remember the old Toys R Us song? “I don’t wanna grow up, I’m a Toys R Us kid…”

That is a great T-shirt. I am trying to become more interesting again and shed the boring mask I put on to try to get by in a boring world.

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

BTW, My profile picture is an extreme close up of the aforementioned Hoberman Sphere. I was trying to decide what I wanted to use when I looked across the room and saw the sphere and thought “perfect!”

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)