Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Plumbing Repairs Gone Wrong!

Plumbing Repairs Gone Wrong!2015-03-28T22:04:23+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Dumbest Thing I've Done Plumbing Repairs Gone Wrong!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ramblinon

I was tired of my wobbly toilet and decided to try levelling it again. This would be an effort to re-repair my last attempt at this repair, and I told the guy at the hardware store, “We had this discussion about two years ago when I bought the bolts and wax ring kit.” He just looked at me and grinned.

Five hours later and about a million trips back and forth to and from the garage to fetch different tools, I ask my wife to help spot as I lower the bowl onto the bolts. Bingo! So off she goes to the store while I finish up bolting the base into place before the all important test flush.

With trepidation I reach for the lever and press down. Water begins pouring out from the left side of the base so I shut the water off and mop up one flush worth of water, unbolt the base, lift the toilet off the hole, look down to find the large T shirt that I stuffed in the hole to prevent dropping tools into the abyss, still in the pipe.

You’re only the third person that I’ve shared this story: my wife. My shrink. And now you.

i can be such an idiot! (Grin)

REPORT ABUSE

hullupoika

hullupoika

Sounds like one of my typical episodes.

Even with Ritalin, I spend more time looking for tools that I’d used since starting the project, than I actually spend on the project.

One time I lost my claw hammer.  I was using an 8-foot stepladder outside.  I gave up looking for the hammer.  I started to put the ladder away.  I unfortunately found the hammer.  I’d left the hammer on the top step of the ladder.  The claws on the hammer fell on the top of my head.  Cuts on your head sure do bleed.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)