Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Quick Concerta users survey!

Quick Concerta users survey!2011-03-02T20:16:13+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Concerta Quick Concerta users survey!

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was diagnosed in late Nov 2011

5′ 10″ 235lbs

Concerta

Starting dose 18mg – some increased focus and energy level, quickly wore off positive effect

– initial stomach upset for a few days

– no other side effects

Mid – Dec 36mg – no noticeable side effects

– increased focus for longer period of time

3rd week of Dec 54mg – some improvement in focus, felt relaxed which was not noticeable before

– longer periods of focus and improved concentrated

– still experiencing anger, outbursts but lower levels of frustration

– Christmas period is very stressful for me

3rd week of Jan – anticipate increase in dosage

Overall experience – limited or no side effects

– sleep has been lest restful probably due to later nights during holidays

– the increase in focus, concentration and energy are all good

– don’t feel as disconnected in social situations

– less mental fatigue at end of day

– still anger and outbursts at times

Actually looking forward to 2012 and I am pretty optimistic, new for me

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Started at 19mg: felt great for 2 weeks then no effects at all

upped to 36mg: 2 days of insomnia at first but no other side effect. Felt like the effects were still not strong enough as I had a slump around 3PM until 7PM. (I take my pill at 7AM)

upped to 56mg: nauseous the first week then I had “apparently” no side effect, but felt really, really sleepy (weird eh?). I also noticed with a look back that I felt really depressed during my 56 mg period.

lowered to 45mg (have to take 2 pills to get to 45mg): Looks like the right dosage. I noticed that if I drink 1-2 coffees, I feel as depressed as with my 56mg dosage. Anybody feels depressed on a higher dose?

REPORT ABUSE

munchkin

Yes – I would say 56 made me in a way depressed. Also, any coffee during the day brings that back on, even though I’m on 36 now.

I have quit coffee except for occasionally in the late afternoon/early evening.

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

I’m on 56. Not feeling depressed but…my sleep is a little weird. As soon as I’m awake, i have to get up. Ideally a few more hours per night is required, but not possible. And the dreams are …..twitchy, in a way. Sounds weird I know, but it seems to extend from an increase in general physical twitchiness throughout the day. So..I don’t feel rested. And the angry, irritated, *twitchy* dreams leave me with a negative mood – but not outright depression.

REPORT ABUSE

craigs

I’m on 36.  Started at 18.  Noticed benefits at 18 but not as much as when I was on dexadrine so we upped it.  Switched from dexadrine due to fouth fidgiting.  Not as much mouth fidgiting initially with concerta, but its back to a similar level as the dexadrine.  Probably need to re-evaluate with my Dr.

REPORT ABUSE

crazylilac04

36 Mg

I started off with awful headaches that went away after a week. Now, I t works well for me during the day however at the end of the day I am a raging  Jerk. I’m so irritated at my co workers, my boyfriend. Literally people tell me I’m so mean they would rather not be around me.

… So tomorrow I start Strattera lol

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)