Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Quit my last job demoralized, and scared to start a new one

Quit my last job demoralized, and scared to start a new one2014-05-01T19:42:34+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Scared Quit my last job demoralized, and scared to start a new one

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

doctormikayla

Thanks @seabassd as well. It seems a large part of my problem in changing my behaviors at work was that I really didn’t understand the root causes of why I was acting that way. And neither did my mangers. The more I have been learning the more I am finding new strategies that might actually work better than just “try harder.”

Getting out of the anxiety filled environment has also helped me to analyze the situation with a clearer head and figure out what really happened. I have a much better picture now of what my abilities and limits are, and I am keeping those in mind as I look at potential jobs. I may actually be ready to move into a new career in the near future.

REPORT ABUSE

seabassd

@doctormikayla “Try Harder” …That’s a big one!

I even find that I use the “Try Harder” strategy with friends and family as well. It can be  just as exhausting! The funny thing is that it’s never worked yet I still keep using it. I didn’t really think about that until just now. Time to find another strategy.

REPORT ABUSE

Evelyn
    Participant

@Larynxa

Thanks for the Baldy man episode. I never saw it before either. Now I have to reread everything though but it was worth it.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)