Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Senior Moments

Senior Moments2012-12-19T01:20:48+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Funny Senior Moments

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv1tMioGgXI%3Frel%3D0

You don’t have to be a senior to have a “senior moment”.  All you need is ADD.

Actually, the medical profession is only now realizing that a lot of those “senior moments” aren’t signs of senility, but are actually symptoms of previously-undiagnosed ADD, flaring up as people enter the geriatric phase of their lives.

NOW, they tell us!

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

I remember wondering if maybe I had some kind of VERY early onset of Alzheimer’s disease even in my early 30’s. It was my dirty little secret as well as a fear I never talked about because I was afraid I might also be suffering from some kind of mild down syndrome thing.

When I first started with getting diagnosed etc. I would tell people “ADHD was like having Alzheimer’s for your entire life”. It’s kinda not fun watching peoples body language when all they want is to just get away from me. It’s crazy making when people look at you like you’re crazy.

Unfortunately, I am a lil crazy, that’s what happens when a perfectly good human being is born into a world he just can’t stomach.

We are perfectly good human beings. Just a lil different, huh?.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

I blame the Industrial Revolution and the assembly line, for forcing everyone to conform to the mass-produced model.

Henry Ford has a lot to answer for!

Though, he did get it right when he said that if you pay your workers decent wages, they can afford to buy your products, and that helps the economy to grow.

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

At what age are most people considered senior ? maybe we are all ageing  the same or are we with adhd ageing faster. Because I think that I started having what is referenced too as a senior  moments as early as my teens! does this make me like 900 years old, compared to the rest of the would ?

This is ageing with out really growing up if this is possible. LOL

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Hey trashman – that’s just SOOO right. With ADHD we age but don’t grow up. Spot on trashman! 🙂

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

You got *that* right!

Often, people with ADHD have a socio-emotional age that is about 30% lower than our actual age.  So we seem a lot younger than we really are.

I also inherited excellent skin, from my mom’s side of the family, so most people think I’m still in my 20s…and they don’t believe me when I tell them how old I really am!

(This could be lucrative at “Guess Your Age” booths at carnivals…)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)