Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Some motivational thoughts

Some motivational thoughts2011-07-01T05:32:17+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Scattybird
    Participant

Hey Robbo

Truffles are expensive luxury items. I wouldn’t mind having the knack of routing them out.

Good to see your avatar back. The dog was cute though – is s/he yours?

But I kind of like the bodybuilding squirrel. It’s disturbing in a good way, is different, cool and clever. How many people say “look a (bodybuilding) squirrel”?

Sorry – not taken my meds today and forgot quite how unhinged I am without them. Nice feeling but should try some mind management stuff…..or not….

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Was, he showed up a couple weeks after the 4th of july. A pup, very easy to house train, smart. The little tike could read my mind. I put up flyers looking for his owner, or his home. We have strict rules about pets here, he didn’t need a leash to be good. So I found him a new home. Luckily it was with another mini booger just like him, the two of em hit it off instantly. It killed me to give him away, stole my heart in a matter of two or three weeks. OUCH!

That was about 2 years ago. So it’s just a cool memory now. One of the best roommates I’ve ever had :-) Too bad ya can’t train the people ya live with huh?

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Robbo- Shame you had to rehome the little guy but sounds like he went to a great place.

I’d rather have a dog as a roommate than a person anyday. What you see is what you get with them and the love you get from them is warm and genuine.

I have lived in places that are strict about pets and it’s hard. I don’t think I could exist without pets of some sort. I’d even resort to a pet cockroach rather than nothing. I got evicted once because of a pet rat. Sounds more dramatic than it was because it was a temporary place anyway…just a bit more temporary than I’d anticipated!

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Yep, not the mean kind of shame, I get it. I was too afraid to run over his tiny feet rollin around outside, especially in the 300 lbs power chair. I miss the way he would nuzzle under my underarm when I was lounging on the couch. Rubbin his head against my chest almost like a cat.

I’ll work on finding a pet, even cats gotta be on a leash here!, dumb, huh?. I really considered getting a bearded dragon years ago. They have real personality. You can bob your head just to say “Wsup man?” I can’t remember what it means to lift one of the front legs. Something between “screw you” and “feed me some crickets now, dick head!”, my pets are required to have a good sense of humor.

I’m gonna go check out the pet store… BBL

Thanks for the encouragement/idea.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Definately not the mean kind of shame. Just meant it was crap you couldn’t keep him.

A bearded dragon would be cool. Think they need heat pads and stuff to keep them warm but at least it would be a good house pet so nobody could moan about it. They do have personality. My neighbour keeps hamsters. The one she has now is a real character and quite responsive. A bit quick though and it escapes a lot. They have had to put a paddlock on the cage door!

I like your idea of getting a reptile.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

<<<<disturbing in a good way, is different, cool and clever >>>>>

LOL That sorta sums up a lot of ADDers huh?

It’s too hard for me to keep something in a cage, Imagine having a large lizard thrashing through the stacks of junk mail n “projects” all over the place. I used to imagine the huge project of building a multi-room interconnected elaborate habitat for my Bearded dragon. I think that’s why I gave up the idea. A little blue belly got into my apt. last summer, I got a bunch of cool pictures of him, more after I caught him and let him go outside. Eventually I’ll find em and use that pic for a while here, I’m part squirrel, part lizard. part ???.

made some real progress, found a brand new Buddy Guy CD while organizing my CD’s yesterday! great blues!!! my little office/dining room is more organized now.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

more umm… disturbation. Funny word huh?

http://totallyadd.com/forum/topic.php?id=2274

11:12 pm pst 2/16/12

Now playing : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgqDtU8BXf0&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=AVGxdCwVVULXdxRZ8XbP33X8nwvZsHir42

It’s important to plug yer computer into an excellent stereo system or at least very good headphones. Please your self for a change.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

<<<Ok sorry guys – pressed the back button and got multiple posts. Can delete content but not the post! >>> It always cracks me up when other folks goof the same ways I do. There’s a great song originally by Neil Young called “F*Ckin’ Up, done By Pearl Jam, on the Live On Two Legs CD, it rocks, the lyrics say “why do I keep F*Ckin Up”, that’s my anthem. lol.

. I’m glad you can give your self a break, I do that, (give me a break)

kindread spirit.

Now playing : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgqDtU8BXf0&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=AVGxdCwVVULXdxRZ8XbP33X8nwvZsHir42 It’s a mix. ya gotta like Metallica and real hard rock, if not don’t, click this, ukay?

Shortest straw, challenged liberty… etc. good lyrics.

And Justice For All was one of Metallica’s best albums from the 20th Century. Best recording n studio engineering. louder is better with this stuff.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Hi Robbo

Thanks for the links. Will check them out tonight. Am goofing at the moment as I’m running late and just having that 5 minute interlude before I think s*** I’m late! So I am going to wait until tonight. I am so proud of myself! Self discipline – hahaha. I’ll be more proud if I get out the door in the next 30 minutes!

REPORT ABUSE

drakeadonian

I dont talk too much or too fast.The rest of the world needs to try and keep up

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

Heh, I like the above one… 😆

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)