Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Sometimes, the bullies are teachers & principals.

Sometimes, the bullies are teachers & principals.2013-02-27T11:40:56+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Bullying Sometimes, the bullies are teachers & principals.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

Robbo

That’s heartbreaking. I wish more people cared about this. That’s because “this” is about many of us. We’re here, we have computers and Internet access. The folks with the most sever ADHD, and these same folks are just as much “diamonds in the rough” as we have been. And lot’s of the folks around this camp are still just barely healthy enough to have a mobile phone. No computer. Barely have decent Internet access.

They’re so beaten up and defeated by the cold blooded treatment society (us) gives them. That many of them are homeless. Treated like they’re useless.

They’re not useless. They’re us!, but for the grace of God. Yep, I said it. Cuz I truly believe it. You don’t have to say so here if you agree. It’s enough to say it inside your own soul. Good enough for me at least. I can never tell you what’s good enough for God. That just ain’t me. Mostly it’s cuz I really don’t know. 

That’s the truth. I really don’t know. Try not to ask me okay?.

R-

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

The worst part is, these are the people who are entrusted to protect & nurture our children, as well as teaching them.  When they pick on one of those children (especially one of the most vulnerable ones), they’re abusing that trust.

When they refuse to accept legitimate medical explanations for why that child is being so “bad” and “stupid” and “difficult”, and continue to pick on that child, I consider it to be crossing from “abuse of trust” to “gross negligence”, “dereliction of duty”, and “child abuse”.

Sometimes, they do this by Omission (refusing to do anything to protect a child who is constantly being bullied by the other kids), instead of by Commission (bullying the child themselves).  Sometimes, they do both.

Especially if the child is so trusting that she can’t even imagine that a teacher WOULDN’T like her and help her.

I had a teacher like that.  Instead of being thrilled to have a super-smart kid in her class, she felt threatened.  She was sure that I was smarter than she was (which was true), and that I’d point out every little mistake she made (which was not true).  She not only failed to protect me, but, when the kid in front of me turned around and talked AT me, she accused ME of talking in class, and gave ME the only detention & lines I ever had in my entire life.  (I was always an angel in school, who always did everything the teacher said, and never caused any trouble at all, because I was terrified of what would happen if I didn’t.)

This was humiliating enough, but one of my classmates was a school bus patroller, and on the way home, she stood right next to my seat on the bus and asked me (at the top of her lungs, so everyone could hear) if I’d finished my lines yet.  The whole bus erupted in derisive laughter that the “perfect little angel” had finally gotten in trouble!

The bus driver did nothing.  My parents did nothing when I told them about it.  The teacher kept doing what she was doing, but now she always had a smug smile whenever she looked at me.

But I got my revenge.  And all I had to do was wait.

Years later, I was working in the palmistry tent at the CNE.  And she and the poor fish she’d hooked into marrying her (another teacher I’d had), happened to show up.  I blurted out their names, welcomed them, and said I’d be with them when I finished the palm-reading I was doing.  A minute later, I looked up, and they were gone.

I asked the manager what had happened to them.  He said that she’d turned as white as a sheet, grabbed her husband’s hand, and they took off like a bat out of hell.

I can just imagine the conversation, as they were running:  “I always KNEW that kid knew too much!”

Now, I’M the one with the smug smile.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Robbo – I know what you mean about “there for the grace of God go I”. I often think that – life can be so very hard for some people.

Larynxa – what a pity they recognised you and fled. Can you imagine what fun you could have had looking at her palm and ‘seeing’ plague and torment along her life line! Or is that too much of a wicked thought.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

You’ve got a great imagination @Scattybird 🙂 I once had a girlfriend who had a whole bunch of wicka stuff. It gave me the creeps so I did a good job of discouraging her to “put that box away”. It was my imagination that was getting the best of me that day. Mostly I just enjoy my imagination.

It’s a treat. 

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

@Scattybird, I could have had a lot more fun if she and her husband HADN’T recognized me at all.

I could have described those classroom events in minute detail (right down to the initials of that child she so hated), completely impartially, as if I was reading it all in her hand.

Of course, palmistry doesn’t really tell you any of that stuff.  It’s more about “reading” the person than about “reading” the lines on their hand.  The initial things you “see” there are so general that they could apply to anyone.

The “mark” (person getting the reading) fills in the blanks for you by saying things like, “Oh, that’s right!  I remember when…”, or “I was thinking of doing that,” or whatever.  Then, you keep building on that back-and-forth.  The secret is that the people who come to you genuinely WANT to believe in this stuff.  Even the skeptics.

The other secret is, this skill can be used for good (to entertain people), or for evil (to defraud them).  I was raised with scruples, so I only ever use it to entertain, for a very small fee (and sometimes, that goes to charity).

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)