Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Stimulant medication is …

Stimulant medication is …2011-07-10T13:41:49+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Most Hostile/Ignorant Thing I've Heard Stimulant medication is …

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

• a universal performance enhancer
    • addictive

from The Gift of Adult ADHD by Lara Honos-Webb

I stopped reading the book when I read this. Unfortunately my general physician feels the same way about stimulant meds. My ADD psychiatrist consultant says it’s not true.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Trust me, distractability while driving is not freakin’ gift!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Haaa……My family phys. feels the same…….I don’t think he is educated in ADD much…….When I was having chest tightening from the Adderall XR, he pulled it from me immediatly. Didn’t even want to give it more time. I was only on it for 2 weeks. Tried to then prescribe Strattera. $50 a month! Adderall XR was $10. Can’t afford the $50………Phych says she will try to refer me to another doc!…….She said some just aren’t educated enough in that area and just brush you off……….

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

plantdoc. the titanium rod in my hip agrees with you =(.

I just had a conversation today with someone who felt bad about taking adderall and I helped to turn that around =)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

… I wouldn’t disagree that being able to think and function well is addicting. I’d ALWAYS rather be calm and focused than bouncey and all over the place! I don’t think that’s a bad kind of addiction! I’m pretty addicted to breathing and eating and drinking water, too….

some people!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)