Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Taking Vyvanse every day or only when needed?

Taking Vyvanse every day or only when needed?2012-11-22T00:23:25+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Vyvanse Taking Vyvanse every day or only when needed?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Carrie

And of course the classic Explosm toons. http://www.youtube.com/user/ExplosmEntertainment

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh my gosh! Cyanide and Happiness!!! I forgot those existed! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!! :D

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Anonymous
    Inactive

Haha, of course! Give me a tick to be that creeper!

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yay! I get to feel like a creeper for a bit! hahahah!

REPORT ABUSE

clayhughes

That’s a big jump, 10 mg of ritalin isn’t much and that much vyvanse is biiig. If you don’t like it don’t take so much, just feel it out. It’s your life.

REPORT ABUSE

clayhughes

You guys shouldn’t drink, it’ll make your adhd worse. I drank for YYEEAARRS! bizad fo sho.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

@Clayhughes, I’m almost completely teetotal, other than a small glass of cream & Bailey’s at midnight on New Year’s Eve.

It’s not prudishness; I just hate the taste, smell, and burn of alcohol. Maybe this is some form of instinctive self-preservation, because booze is bad news if you’re diabetic or taking meds for Depression and ADHD—and I am.

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

@clayhughes

Actually, 50 mg of Vyvanse is not that big. Because of the way it’s formulated, the dosages work differently. For example, I take 80 mg of Vyvanse, which is equivalent to 35 mg of Adderall. And some people take two 30 mg doses of Adderall a day- and that is BIG!

However, my eyeballs did pop out when I read the original post here and I was in a panic to respond, until I noticed the date. Too late now for that person, but for future reference, amphetamine and methylphenidate do not mix! I am shocked and outraged that a psychiatrist would even recommend taking both, and that he would recommend just taking the Vyvanse off and on, when you want to concentrate for longer periods. Extremely bad. I mean, that’s the kind of “ADHD behaviour” that we get told off for all the time,  playing with our meds and only taking them when we feel like it.

Anyway… I dont know if alcohol actually makes ADHD worse. I never did drink that much, and hardly at all now. It is best to limit alcohol when taking meds, as any pharmacist will tell you, but it is still possible to enjoy a couple of drinks once in awhile. Like the psychiatrist who first prescribed medication for me said: “You can drink, just don’t get drunk”.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)