Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

The nicest things said to me

The nicest things said to me2010-12-17T01:50:31+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Other The nicest things said to me

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

The nicest things said to me were by my father who is now deceased (and from whom I think I got ADD). All through my youth, he kept telling me how intelligent I was. I remember hearing him once say to my mother in amasement ‘She’s so intelligent!’ That was really helpful, having someone thinking that of me. It kept me wanting to learn more. In retrospect, I also think it kept me from growing thinking I was an idiot. Well, my brothers thought I was crazy and THAT I might have come to beleive. But an intelligent ‘crazy’ lol. Thanks dad!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

i now have many people who ask me “what (would you/should i) do with this tool/gadget/equipment” in fact it has given me the nickname “Microft” (brother of sherlock holmes) in my ham radio club.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

I just online to check mail real quick, stop by here and then get back to getting my home stuff like laundry etc. done. Yeah right! hehe.

I never finished an article about meditation yesterday, so I finished that, Difficult scientific research data. I wanted to ask for some helping understanding that… I’ll do that later.

Instead I clicked on the “Define Crazy” search I ran on this site last time I tried to find that great piece of writing by our own Rick Green. I gotta laugh at the way that remote keeps changing the channel on me (my choices of what to do next, you know). This thread came up as one of the results to my search for Ricks Define Crazy article.

Here’s a cool story about my daughter and I from about 20 years ago roughly. I was making some spaghetti sauce. My daughter was standing on a milk crate, helping me, she was only about 4. I let her shake some of each of the spices into the sauce, stir a while, wait, relax, n then give it a taste to decide which herbs n spices to add. It was just a peaceful evening, nice n quiet and I felt like I was doing a good job building a foundation for her to enjoy cooking as much as I did.

She looked at me and just said “you’re nice” that’s it, that’s all she said. hehe. I felt like I melted into a puddle of happiness seeing the look of sincerity in here little eyes. For about a half an hour I was the King of the World! hehe. Then I went back to being a Dad. A happy one.

Cool, huh?

PS, I just remembered! that article is in the Blog section. Rats!, I checked and it’s not there… I’ll find it sometime. At least I was smart enough to copy n paste one for myself.

K datzit.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

At one point I thought perhaps I was the only one hippos randomly fell on. But I spoke with an aged gent and he said they have been falling on people as far back as ancient Egypt. He pointed out that the name Tutankhamen translated means ” bloody hippos, wait till I get my hands on one”!

That was the nice thing said to me, I am not alone :)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)