Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

The Walking Lonliness of the Nearly Departed

The Walking Lonliness of the Nearly Departed2010-11-11T01:16:16+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Sad The Walking Lonliness of the Nearly Departed

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

If i was looking for work get a loan and to the hotdogs and susges at festivals. People make good money last blues concert 1,200 profit. I knew a guy in computers’ quite his job to do this. It is big money plus you get to listen to good music meet amazing people. And work what venue you want. No building to pay for just your truck for hauling. My mother had done over a van into a chip wagan made good money. People love to eat. Clamdigger

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ya know what Clamdigger – that hot dog wagon thing has come up for me a couple of times. I think I need to look at it a little more seriously. You are right – people love to eat! And there is obviously very good money to be made. I heard a story of a woman who had several of those hot dog wagons at the train depot in Missouri (I think) and she was raking in over $5,000 a day! Except for my ineptness with anything mathematical, this could be an answer for me!

We all need to hang in there and take this one day at a time. It really is all we have – sometimes minute by minute if necessary. And really, we have to laugh at all of this. The ridiculousness of it all is really quite laughable. And another thing I read recently is that WE, the ADDers, are considered “old souls” by some – I think that’s pretty cool!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

pworhty My sister who put together 911 in Nova Scotia she is smart no add in her. But she just has a van and hauls a nice wagon she paid bran new one 7,000 but it has hot water and some extra stuff. She put in some tables and a coffee machaine and her sign up over the conpy rosie’s steel hourse and she would have people coming for coffee in the morning and a muffin.This was at a blue concert in Nova Scotia, She had a good time listening to music and selling. She would also show up at beaches and out side of bars. This one couple had a spot every weekend and made loads of money. You can also sell at weekend festivals just have to have insurance for that one whitch isn’t much money. They park along side of a parade they heard about and make 600.00 that day. You just figure out were your supplies are near you for concerts to get ice. Go to Coast go for your supplies. And buy quility sausage and hot dogs and buns. Hope that help Clamdigger

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

pworhty My sister who put together 911 in Nova Scotia she is smart no add in her. But she just has a van and hauls a nice wagon she paid bran new one 7,000 but it has hot water and some extra stuff. She put in some tables and a coffee machaine and her sign up over the conpy rosie’s steel hourse and she would have people coming for coffee in the morning and a muffin.This was at a blue concert in Nova Scotia, She had a good time listening to music and selling. She would also show up at beaches and out side of bars. This one couple had a spot every weekend and made loads of money. You can also sell at weekend festivals just have to have insurance for that one witch isn’t much money. They park along side of a parade they heard about and make 600.00 that day. You just figure out were your supplies are near you for concerts to get ice. Go to Cosco for your supplies. And buy quility sausage and hot dogs and buns. Hope that help Clamdigger

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

double post by mistake sorry

REPORT ABUSE

gforcewarp9
    Participant

Dear trashman,

My heart always breaks when I read posts like yours. You sound very depressed, and no wonder. In the past, I felt so badly about myself, I too thought the world had no use for me. At 34 I moved to Portland OR, and I was living in my cousin and his wifes basement, trying to go back to community college. Everyone I knew in Portland were succesful by regular standards. I had freinds who were doctors and lawyers (though I should add that one of the lawyers I knew was working as a carpenter and he was definitely an a.d.der, and my doctor freind was an alcoholic and a total scatterbrain as well, and to this day I have no idea how he made it through med. school, except that he was exeptionally bright.) Most owned their own home. anyway– I did nothing but compare myself to these people. And if youre wondering why they would hang out with a 34 year old woman that lives in their cousins basement, well they were friends of friends and all in the same type of scene. Now, back to the point, again! Before I started school, I spent day after day miserable. I couldnt get out of bed, and I was fantasizing about suicide. Also contributing to my misery: I couldnt find a job, and I had very little money. My cousin kicked me out when I was in the middle of a school quarter (and doing well) because apparently I was leaving the door unlocked and the burners on. They were not nice about it.

We have all been through the ringer trashman. Please, take heart. Life can change dramatically. I am now a wife, and a mother and I have stability like Ive never known before. So much has changed for me that I dont even recognize myself. So dont give up, and dont let the i.q bullshit take you down. It doesnt mean anything. The first i.q test I ever had said my i.q was only 99. That went against what every adult and every teacher in my life had ever told me. When I took the test however, I was hungover, and I didnt take it seriously. I have retested and guess what, I tested at 129. However, even if it had not improved, you know, why base the way you feel about yourself on how smart you are. Did it tell you how good of a person you are (question mark not working on computer keyboard!) or how kind you are, or how creative you are… in terms of success in life, emotionall intellegence turns out to be a far better predictor than i.q anyway. So screw that test. I hate how it affects people`s sense of themselves, me included.

I have to say your second to last post scared me, because when you said goodbye to the group, it really seemed like you could have really meant goodbye life. Please talk to someone if you are considering suicide. That goes for everyone! I just found out a while back that my best freind from grade school killed herself, leaving behind a 3 year old son and a husband. No one knew she was suffering. So please, talk to someone.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Clamdigger, I’m extremely interested in what you’re talking about. I was just thinking yesterday about taking to the road with my g-ma’s fried pie recipe and hitting the bluegrass festivals this summer. I love to travel so much and if I could figure out a way to make money while I go, so much the better. Is there a way to PM you on here? I can’t figure out how to do it.

Karlsgateharley and Trashman, I sure hope you stay with us here–your insight is extremely valuable and you have a circle of friends here already–no one will ever get you like another person with ADD. Oh, and stop listening to experts and listen more closely to yourself instead. Life has been a struggle and will always be, but we have abilities that they don’t and they don’t even realize what they’re missing. Modern society has passed us by, but modern society is sick. Is it a sign of poor health to not be well adjusted to a crazy world? Just sayin’.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

My email address is yvonnemurray@ns.sympatico.ca and I can send you pictures of what my sister had and her menu . Sorry for getting back to you rather late about this. I’m having a rough time of it. Christmas was rough been busy painting and trying to move forward. But with all the concerts up in Ont and beaches you can make the bucks.

One thing about me I keep on going even though I know most people don’t like me. It is hard with other artist there so good but I just can’t remeber the rules. I go out and look at what rocks look like and what the sun looks like coming down. I do have humorr I like that side of life. But i hate seeing people get down over this. So many of use are beaten up but it is what it is I’m just accepting this. But I just started to try and go forward in life. I’m doing a body of work different style this time. And head up to Ontario to show my work. to Galleries you never know. But I’ll get my sister to send information about her suppliers in USA for Sauce’s and pricing. Kijiji maybe there for a BQ plus the one with the water were you can heat it up. I love Rolling stones rooster song blues old blues they really feel there music. What a way to make money.Clamdigger

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

gforcewrap9, thanks for your concern some times I think Iam always just feeling sorry for my self . I really hate that about myself. because there are alot of people worse off than me in the world , then I start feeling guilty and start beating myself up about it. but I am one of the lucky ones because my wife has a good stable job . if i would not spend money so foolishly then we would not have to struggle so mutch.. I think I would like to be a modivational speaker on adhd and learning disabilitys. I think i feal the best about my self when i am helping people better ubout them selves and trying to help them solve there problems. I have this younger guy that worked with me has spent the last year trying to come back from alost state , and he is making alot of proggress and that makes me very happy . I have spent a lot of time lisening to him and whatching him figure out what to do to help him self. he leaves town tomorrow hopefully on the road to his sucess. thats not a job but more fofilling than any job than i have ever had.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Trashman I think it is wonderful what your doing helping this guy out. But remeber help your self out along the way. There was this book that they had at the job center that list all the different type of jobs you can do. Some of them I thought about like taking care of people’s home’s when on vaction.Down here you pay 25.00 just for a quick drive by you don’t even go in the house. just make sure they house is locked. The job only last’s has long has the people are gone. Untile I read this book I never thought about these types of job’s before. So business wise you set the agenda. This one guy looks after this rich guy’s place from the states and gets paid 30,000 a year. Once in a while he spends the night there. But there is a book out there at the job resouce center’s that will give all kinds of information. Some of them like the one I mention you just need a police check and a business card. no over head there at all. And were you are older you have that one in your favor Clamdigger

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)