Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

totallyADD.com Crew………..We need to know CANADA or UNITED STATES

totallyADD.com Crew………..We need to know CANADA or UNITED STATES2011-02-03T22:20:55+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community totallyADD.com Crew………..We need to know CANADA or UNITED STATES

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

TotallyADD.com folks

Please… Is there a way we can distinguish between the US and Canada folks here on these posts easily….. The disability of ADHD apears to be recognized and treated as a disability differently in both countries. As such the resources and opportunities that may be afforded to each of us in each country are quite different. To ease some of the information sharing efforts I strongly believe if a display of say the posters countries flag next to the login name may greatly assist in making sure we are getting the correct information for the correct country. In the USA the opportunities even from state to state vary greatly…..

Thanks to all @ totallyADD.com

njadd

REPORT ABUSE

agnoscet

I’m experimenting with the “public” option on my profile. The “private” selection says it shows your name and avatar, and the public option says it show those plus your country. This is a test. Should it fail, the local gravity may be reduced. Please prepare accordingly.

REPORT ABUSE

agnoscet

Hmmm. So click on the blue “member” link below my name and see if it shows my locale… whoa, my blue healer just levitated. Stand by, gotta get the camcorder…

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

totallyADD.com ADMIN……………..

Yes I saw that option also……. I am just kinda wondering what reasons there may be for not showing the posters country next to each post…. Again, should not ease of information exchange be afforded to us with ADHD ….. Why torture us and make us hunt for it. I spend enough time looking for stuff and trying to organize everything else. (TotallyADD.com U have put the key ring in the box by the door so I would not forget it but you took the keys that are supposed to be on it and hid them) I thought totallyADD.com was on our side…why the roadblock? Again just the words Canada or USA or a symbol indicating the posts country origin…… ADHD does not know boarders and I am thankful that I can share with everyone but again to obtain certain much needed country relevant resources for me to make positive steps to try to move forward I need to know information origin..

Thanks totallyADD.com Admin for your anticipated prompt reply……….

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

njdd,

I think forcing people to reveal their locations would violate privacy.

Not everyone would feel comfortable posting in an environment where they could not control how much of their personal info they would want to be in the public domain (possibly “forever” btw) .

It’s not just people who land in this forum on purpose with an interest in ADD who are likely to read all this, have you ever googled a topic you have posted on before? I’ve done a few searches just to see, and they come up in the first result page often at the top. Now call me paranoid, but even if you have a supposedly anonymous user name, some of the info revealed here is so personal and specific I think it would be easy for someone familiar with the person to recognize them.

An interesting consideration in terms of the other topic that’s been floating around the forum lately about disclosing your add or not. Now is a nosy neighbor or un-sympathetic boss likely to be googling and come upon your post and say “AHHA -I knew it!” ? Probably not, but stranger things have happened :-)

Just sayin’…..

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nellie

I kinda thought about the privacy thing …….. That is why I thought just disclosing country was not to specific ………. I really do appreciate the privacy thing ………. It is very tough to find good resources for adhd ……I have just started to find some because of sharing knowledge via the Internet not Gov’t resources although they are the ones that often administer them .

REPORT ABUSE

Curlymoe115

Okay I changed my Avatar to indicate Canadian and Albertan. Since I am not using my real name I see no real harm in indicating where I live, however I appreciate that not everyone is as comfortable. Frankly I am not ashamed of having ADHD and what I choose to share is completely voluntary. I do not use the names of my spouse or children and if they do track me down then so what.

REPORT ABUSE

Curlymoe115

Most people have facebook accounts and therefore they are exposing a heck of a lot of information. When you sign up you sign up with a real name that is searchable. The facts are that when I do a google search I get that persons facebook account and the option to add them as a friend so that I can find out all kinds of goodies about them including who their friends are. When I google my avatar name I get pages that I have made comments on. Big deal. So you know my opinion on the Dr. Phil show and that I watch the Amazing Race and that I think they should have one in Canada or let Canadians sign up. Hardly think that makes me blackmail worthy or that it will have me blackballed from a job.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just changed mine but it gives the city where I live, not the country, or maybe thats because i’m looking at it while i’m logged in. I’ll just have to change the city to U.S.A I guess.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

I have my real name and my real picture. There are a lot of Carries in the world. I am from Canada, and there are a lot of Carries in Canada! I know of 6 others just in my area, Rockie Mountains of British Columbia! Others may not want their real name so dont put it. But I think just like the option of your name should should have the option to add where you are from (maybe you want to find others in your area like you, maybe not).

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

HMMMMM….

On my register and profle update page they only ask for “Country”. There is know place that i see where they ask for State, County, Province, town or zip. Am i missing something here? Do others have different sign in / profile information on your totallyADD pages?

REPORT ABUSE

agnoscet

On my profile edit page, after country, there’s province, then city, then change password, then the update button…

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow I must apologize………… I have gone back to edit a couple times and the town and province IS there on mine also. I do not think it was there before as before i started this post i checked?………. DUHHH to me……… I can appreciate peoples personal preference to share or not share there location info……………

REPORT ABUSE

Orion

How about if we just post a Google map to our house, or maybe our bank account info? Just kidding ! Yes, privacy can be an issue. I wouldn’t recommend putting up any private info, if it is viewable by 5 billion people. But anyone who reads these forums can surely benefit in some way. But, just as with anywhere else on the internet, we just need to be smart about what we reveal. I’m sure a first name or nickname, your country and even province or city is pretty harmless.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t mind people knowing what country (US) or even what state I live in. The hard part is it seems diagnosis and treatment seem to vary even between doctors.

I know I have a lot of info out on the web. My cell number appears multiple places on facebook, so does my office info. I also hand that info to people on a business card every time I can.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)