Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Watching Fireworks…

Watching Fireworks…2011-07-22T12:51:35+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Other Watching Fireworks…

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ADDled

This topic is a little late, I know. But when my wife and I were at the last Canada Day fireworks display, she asked me “I should have checked first, but are you OK watching fireworks?”.

I guess she figured that it may have been over stimulating for me with the loud noises and extremely bright flashing lights. Normally, I am really sensitive to noises in general and easily visually distracted. A reasonable assumption, I’m sure.

But when I thought about the answer (one of the benefits of knowing your ADHD is that you can train yourself to think before responding to anything…) I said that I found it calming and relaxing!

I guess that much visual and aural stimulation was synchronizing with my brain clocking speed so that I was able to relax while watching all that.

Maybe being present at Pearl Harbour on Dec 7th would have allowed me to function normally!

Anyone else experience this?

Hope this helps…and good luck

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

For me, I think the novelty outweighs any negatives. I know I love watching a good, choreographed display put on by professionals. On the other hand, I hate the random, potentially dangerous explosives set off by careless teenagers in the neighborhood. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)