Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Wellbutrin

Wellbutrin2011-05-06T00:29:20+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Antidepressants Wellbutrin

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi amy thankyou .. i had worse reactions coming off the drugs than while on them … strange that.

lily canada makes strattera and they were quite helpful with information and suggestions.

it is a pain in the asp that we have so much difficulty getting clear, usefull information .

very nice blog spot btw .. my cats liked the pictures as well

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

The trouble with medications used to treat mental conditions, is that it’s never a case of one-size-fits-all.

What works for one person may not work for the next. It may even cause severe side effects in the second person. Therefore, I’d be highly suspicious of any doctor who claims that “it can do everything”.

So, while it’s interesting to compare experiences, remember that the only way to determine what drug and what dose works for you, is for you and your doctor to carefully experiment with it, starting with a low dosage and gradually ramping up to higher ones, to determine if it works for you or not.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

It’s interesting that my ADHD symptoms started getting slightly less horrible when I found out that Wellbutrin is used for ADHD also. I take it for depression, and it helps me to not smoke.

Some doctor in a hospital where I was in oncology again…ummm 8? years ago???? hmmmm she switched me from Paxil, to prozac and wellbutrin. She had tons of letters after her name, spent maybe 20 minutes, maybe an hour with me, and helped me more than I realized, till now.

My brain! it’s a freaking lemon. But I found an excellent mechanic. Time ta let the big mechanic do his wonders.

There is only one Expert, and big churches rarely know much about him.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

Nah, Robbo, your brain’s not a lemon. It’s just a super-powerful sports car, and all you have right now is your learner’s permit.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Oh nooooooo! hard left turn coming up… sccreeeechh.

Got brakes? That reminds me of my last car, a 91 (I think) Acura Integra, no stereo. The motor was pure music to my ears… acceleration is the best part of nearly any sport for me. Sorta. I love those anti lock brakes.

Thanks Larynxa, I was starting to fear nobody likes me or wants me here, dumb I know. But still. That’s what we do huh? I still don’t really know… I’m not asking.

Fear, we invent false evidence appearing real… Bring in out into the light, it dissapears… usually.

(We) is not just ADHDer’s, it’s funny how so many times when I make the mistake of talking about ADHD, people say “That sounds like me, I think I might have it!!”, or minimize it. I’m starting to recognize the gears turning in the ADHD like brains before they say the 1st reaction. We are Kindread spirits. I do dread the fact that I can relate so well to so many of you gangsters. But there is also a comforting kinship.

Dang, I like it here, too bad I keep thinking I want to/should leave….

I’m putting that silly thought to rest for a little longer. Sometimes/maybe procrastination is mistake prevention in disguise.

I’m grateful I’ve at least got wellbutrin (bupoprion 4 me) working/helping me some. That may be all I need. Last night I started wondering if the wellbutrin is just not working as well as it used to. I can’t get in to see a psychiatrist any time soon, so I’m just rooting through this site, and others for the largest part of the solution here.

Education. The golden key.

Faith is my top solution. It’s inside me.

Now playing : Mozart: String Quartet #16 In E Flat, K 428 – 1. Allegro Ma Non TroppoMozarteum Quartet Salzburg

Forever Mozart [Disc 1]

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

How funny, about 10 years ago I think, a girlfriend gave me a book. I’ve always liked books. It’s just hard when ya have to read them so many times to get much out of them.

The book she gave me is called “The Owners Manual To The Brain”

Humility comes very slow to maniacs like me. I never put it together till now how screwed up she probably knew I was. It’s alright. Got my learners permit and I’m runnin with it!

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Robbo – Try Mozart’s piano concertos – they are fantastic!

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Okay. Thanks, brother Scattybird.

Sorry for highjacking this thread you guys, please forgive. Back to the Wellbutrin stuff. And some good news for a change. :-)

About a week ago (or more I think, I dunno) my GP doc called me back after I called him about changing the dosage of the Ritalin (the generic stuff) Not a good conversation, he didn’t want to up the dosage. I got pissed off and critical about the whole health care system. Took it out on a good doctor by accident. After taking quite a bit of my abuse he said “if you don’t like the healthcare we’re providing, you can go somewhere else” Crap!!!, stunned… I just paused, then said “GOT IT!”. I didn’t really yell, but it was a very angry loud tone. Then I hung up! (I think, it’s a faded crap memory… and mistake, so I thought…) Reading this as I edit this post hurts a little. He’s a good guy.

So a few days later I show up for the ADHD support group the social worker told me about, it’s a Gamblers Annonymous meeting!!! I already talked about that one here, but they invited me in and it was actually a good experience. I’ve never gambled. I talked about my “adrenaline junkie” high risk stuff, they could relate easy. Invited me back too! LOL. I clowned around a little, we do that huh? :-D

So my GP doctor called me yesterday morning, I missed the call, I was here ramblin on, posting all over this place… at 3:00 I realize I had a couple voice mails, I sometimes don’t hear the phone over the loud music. So I call the doctors office to leave a message, the gal said to wait, she’ll see if he has time to talk to me… Wow!, that’s weird I thought… very unusual for sure! This guy is busy, works his butt off!, GP doctors like this man who take medical/medicare, and probably all the new Obama Care patients too are the real hero’s in medicine. The PA’s & NP’s are too. JMHO. So I actually got to talk to him! Amazing!, he said that he talked to the psychiatrist (apparently he listened to my scream for help disguised in a angry rant the last time we talked) And she/they decided to put me on the long acting ritalin, that’s what I asked for on the last call, after he didn’t want to up the ritalin. And to cut the dosage of Wellbutrin in half, I could pick up the prescription as soon as I get there. It was too late in the day, but heck… I was blown away that he actually helped me at all after I was so mean spirited on the phone last time. He was really hearing the angry ODD part of untreated ADHD. (Oppositional Defiant Disorder) So tuesday I’ll be even more on my way to getting well.

Amazing… It’s insane but I almost feel guilty because I’ve read about how others have been through much worse than I have trying to get diagnosed and treaded. Like on this thread. Check it out. Feel some gratitude and compassion.

http://totallyadd.com/forum/topic.php?id=1267 I called that thread “totallyadd Gold”

My self appointed place/position here is “the resident pig, looking for truffles” wadiya think?

Now playing : Politician Cream 20th Century Masters. How funny, It’s politics that’s hurting our health care so much… A sickening ugly kind of turn your head sideways like a dog, funny. NOT FUNNY MAN!

sat 3:21 pm 2/18/12

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have taken some type of Welbutrin for a long time, and it’s been a very successful antidepressant. Now, I take something called Aplenzin. If I understand correctly, it’s another form of long acting Welbutrin. I take one a day. It’s been great. My doc says that very few of his patients take it.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Whelp, so much for the long acting Ritalin my doctor prescribed, he said it was “the generic”. But I found out today it wasn’t covered. 150.00 a month. And a gamble at that. I just left the prescription at the pharmacy. I’ll think about it. I forgot to even look at it so I’ll have to call the pharmacy tomorrow to see exactly what it was. My hopes were not up.

Oh well. At least I didn’t get poked in the eye with a sharp stick, right?

Back to the scribbled all over, erased n re-written, complicated and cluttered drawing board. Or drawing Bored!…. Crap, maybe I’m bi-polar and I’m afraid to be artificially mellowed out. We shall see.

I was watching some hilarious Videos on youtube by Rick, “History Bites” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58WuanPbwrg&feature=related They’re great!!! hilarious!, I watched more than a dozen then clicked on some “inside the add brain” ones, that led me to some “rapid cycling bi-polar” ones. confuzed the heck outa me!. I’m gonna try to find a thread about the difference between ADHD and rapid cycling bi-polar here, not very soon though

I don’t become omnipotent, or suicidal… But moody, hell yeah.

I can’t look at myself too much. I’ll find what I’m afraid of instead of what’s actually there.

Mostly I’m just selfish. I’m not being too hard on myself. Just brutally honest. That’s how my posts get so long. They are all about me, on and on and on. About ME!!!! A LOT!!! the solution to my ADHD may be more simple than I realized.

12:29 am 2/22/12

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello people, I am fairly new to this forum but I am just starting to post. I am taking Wellbutrin and I just feel it is not working. I don’t know what to look into about different meds, but as it stands now I am sick of timing my dose taking, and feeling terrible while not on it. I just get so distracted and super ADHD when I am not on it, which is fine at times but I am a college student and most of my day has classes that I need to concentrate in. Any suggestions on things that have worked when wellbutrin hasn’t? I am just not sure where to look for legitimate information that isn’t a drug company trying to sell me their product. Wellbutrin just isn’t doing what I want, and I am needing a little extra kick in the pants for working with my ADHD.

Thanks for the feedback in advance peeps!

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

I think that the wellbutrin might be helping me more now that the prozac is completely out of my system. That may have been the wrong medication for me all along since my depression was a result of the wreckage ADHD has caused in my life. I’m also taking ritalin now, I think the combo of wellbutrin with the generic ritalin (methyphenidate’s) might be good enough. I think it’s been about 3 or 4 months.

I just have to be willing to take the dang pills on schedule, n quit being rebellious about keeping this thing simple. Part of me is very sick of medications. I think that’s my pride, it’s actually just as easy to swallow as the pills. The rest is a matter of education and acceptance of certain limitations on how fast I’m able to learn new ways to do life. I would like to get more help from medications. I’ll ask my doc for 5mg methylphenidate 4 times a day instead of 3, but I think I should just try to be satisfied with the little bit of help I’m getting thus far with medication. I won’t let myself get caught up in the endless search for the right combo of pills. Being satisfied with my progress is the real work now. I’m not even that sure I want to increase the dose, I’ll decide in a couple weeks when I see my doc.

The education about ADHD might be finally sinking in. Less struggling to get what I want but can’t have is allowing me more energy to succeed in new ADHD friendly goals. My poo still smells, I just have better ways to deal with it. I just talk with you guys.

It’s still not true that “I just needed to try harder”, I just need to try different. A long term result of spending time here reading is seeing what symptoms are really ADHD, and what symptoms are not. I don’t want to burst anyone’s bubble, but it’s possible to have terrible ADHD, and also have some tendencies to be really lazy!. Shoot you guys, we’re all human. One of my biggest obstacles has been blaming too many of my human problems on ADHD. It’s just not the all in one excuse I kinda felt thrilled to find out about in the beginning. I also have less anger about being misdiagnosed, maybe I got diagnosed by a stupid, lazy, n crazy person!. Who doesn”t even have ADHD to blame it on, huh?, stranger things have happened to weirder folks…

About half of the problems I’ve struggled with were not strictly ADHD. It was me taking bong hits instead of dealing with life when I was 17, unlike all the kids with parents that… umm, never mind. Almost started blaming my parents again, whoops!.

I haven’t been diagnosed with OCD, but definitely used to, and sometimes still do struggle with that crap. Various addictions have taken their toll on my ability to succeed. I still get distracted by curvaceous ladies, less though :-), I probably have low T!, but I don’t give a rats butt. I think I’ve gotten too carried away with self diagnosis, and excuses. Endless time spent focusing on me me me!. It turns out I’m just another screwy human being fighting for my place in the world. My Ego want’s to be special, and focus on how gifted I am, but I’m finding it easier to let go of wanting to be famous. It’s not the end of the world to be just another regular dude. Trying to make the world just a little bit better on my path. Humble as it my turn out to be. I’m not longer worried.

We all struggle to drag our scraggly butts outa bed in the morning, that’s the human condition for about 70% of us isn’t it?. I’m okay with my life not turning out to be a super dooper action adventure story. I’ll sure have some adventures in spite of my regularity I’m sure, maybe I’ll catch a few totally tubular barrels sometime in the next few years, (that’s surfer lingo if you didn’t recognize it). I’ll let ya’all know if that happens.

Hmmm, maybe I’ll start writing a blog just like almost 2 billion other folks on the Internet… nah, I’ll probably just write long posts here like I’ve always done. Just a lil less. Sound cool you guys?, okay, good. TTYL

Peace

wups! almost forgot, today is 7-11-12.

REPORT ABUSE

BuxomDiva
    Participant

As usual I’m late to the party. Maybe I should look into that ADD thing I keep hearing about? (tongue in cheek – I’m on ODSP for mine it’s so bad!)
    My younger son has it too, and for the last while he’s had a terrible problem with hair pulling.
    He had been on this medication previously and has started back taking his leftover prescription. He’s taking 150mg twice daily.Looked for info on the CADDAC site about dosages but now that site is only showing the meds that are specifically for ADHD (did I just imagine seeing dosage info there years ago about other meds? possibly!)
    He was going to try and reach Dr. J. directly about this but I thought I’d post here and see if anybody had feedback on the efficacy of this medication to help the hair pulling habit.
    Thanks!

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Crap, I wrote a decent post about wellbutrin but I accedentally his some unknown key code that make my new compute freak out!

The dang thing is just like a very poweful gun with a hair trigger…

Deep meaning huh?  Whelp… sometimes it’s best to just accept the fact that today writing is not what I have enough time for. Especally when my bladder is about to pop~ plus it’s getting dark already and I can’t even see the dang keys on my keyboARD.

i DON’T REALLY LIKE WELLBUTRIN. bU i’LL KEEP TAKING IT.  gRRR.

UGGG.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

@BuxomDiva, I’d discuss this with your pharmacist and especially with your son’s doctor.

Is the hair-pulling a fairly new thing for your son, or was he doing it before he was diagnosed with ADHD?  If he had it before, did the meds help then?  When was the last time he had his thyroid & other levels checked out?  So many things to discuss with your son’s doctor!

If you want to use the technical term for compulsive hair-pulling, it’s “trichotillomania”.  It falls under the heading of OCD behaviours, because the person doing it just can’t stop.

Why?  Because every pull makes the brain release a little bit of dopamine, and dopamine is one powerful feel-good hormone.  When you crave it, you’ll keep doing whatever it takes to get more of it, even if you’re hurting yourself in the process.

I’ve heard that Wellbutrin can be quite effective in controlling trichotillomania.  On the other hand, thinning hair (but not because you’re pulling it out) is one of Wellbutrin’s less-common side effects!

You may also have heard that supplements of the amino acid N-Acetyl-l-Cysteine (NAC) can help too.  Unfortunately, the evidence so far is that, on children, it’s no more effective than a placebo.  http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/conference-reports/apa2012/content/article/10168/2071927  http://dermatology.jwatch.org/cgi/content/full/2009/1113/3

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)