Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

What are you grateful for today?

What are you grateful for today?2013-06-27T13:44:53+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Benefits of ADD What are you grateful for today?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

I am especially grateful to have been able to go to the ADDA Conference, because I finally got to meet @Evelyn while I was there, and to introduce her to Rick, Ava, and Jimi.

If you think Evelyn is lovely in the Forums, you should meet her in person!

REPORT ABUSE

seabassd

I bet the ADDA conference was a blast.

New Goal! Get to the next ADDA Conference.

REPORT ABUSE

dgreene

I had a nice walk today!

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

Oh, I haven’t done this for a long time. I used to keep a note pad by my bed and write a list every night.  Some nights it was a struggle to come up with something, especially when the depression was really bad, but it was a  reminder that it’s not all bad.

Today I am grateful that it rained so I didn’t have to go out and water the garden. I am also grateful that the worst of the storm missed us.

I am grateful that I am not sick anymore and able to eat solid food again. And I am grateful that I have food to eat.

And I am grateful for the ceiling fan and ice cold ginger ale that are keeping me from melting right now.

REPORT ABUSE

wanderquest

This is actually my first post on this site. I am thankful for my loving parents.

I just recently figured out the ADD thing. I’m constantly thinking now of how obvious it was when I was a kid and keep thinking of all the problems it caused along the way. I’m positive I would have been a complete wreck if it weren’t for mom and dad rolling with the punches and supporting me though I was “different” even though they couldn’t put a finger on exactly what.

My dad passed away before my diagnosis but I’m 100% sure that’s where it came from. They didn’t have the resources to figure it out back then but they did the next best thing and just loved me no matter what.

REPORT ABUSE

dithl
    Participant

Want to get the word out, this is a good a place as any. So I guess I’ll say I am grateful for noticing this tweet from Pete Quily about a free Kindle book by Dr. Charles Parker.

New #ADHD Medication Rules book on kindle can now be downloaded FREE for a limited time here http://t.co/wkiqnYiP73 — Pete Quily (@petequily)

It can be a bit fiddly if you haven’t used Kindle before, but it’s legit. Here is the link for Canadians:

. http://www.amazon.ca/New-ADHD-Medication-Rules-ebook/dp/B00A8IYLYA/ref=sr_1_9?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1377657977&sr=1-9&keywords=charles+parker

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

I had a very good day today. Not a very productive day mind you. But the best one I’ve had in awhile.

I felt more awake, less foggy, and like I actually wanted to do something. Of course I couldn’t decide what, except that I knew it wasn’t the housework. But I had to go out in the afternoon to pick something up at the pharmacy and do a bit of shopping and while I was out I felt really energetic and upbeat. Of course I completely forgot that I had a shopping list but only forgot one thing that I needed and didn’t pick up too many extras so not too bad.

And I cooked a really good dinner and got it done in a reasonable amount of time.

REPORT ABUSE

wiredonjava
    Participant

I’m grateful for this fine summer day. Also I’m relieved to have completed my Case Manag’t assign’t. What a load of BS off my chest! Whew, feel human again.

REPORT ABUSE

wiredonjava
    Participant

Oh yeah, thankful ever so much for great tunes to get me through the day!!!

REPORT ABUSE

lindsey3

You are all cheering me up! It is so easy to become absorbed in the bigger picture – often problematic – and miss the small moments in a day. I am grateful that I have a small garden that is full of colour and late fledgling birds – taking care of this small space and looking at beautiful plants gives me so much pleasure and sooths my soul. For the two friends who called me last night, for drinking my breakfast coffee sitting in the sun, for the spontaneous tight hug that an elderly dear friend with dementia gave me after I had put her shoes on the right feet….Blackdog, I’m going to take up your idea and try and write a list each night before going to bed x

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)