Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

WOW. This is mind blowing!

WOW. This is mind blowing!2011-08-31T20:07:11+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! I Suspect I Am WOW. This is mind blowing!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Lucky77

The more and more I read through this site, I just want to break out in tears! I can’t believe that all these behaviours that I have tried to hide and lie about are actually due to a real issue not because I suck!

I have had luck in getting jobs (charisma!), but after 9-12 months I always feel overwhelmed and find some excuse to leave (always before they actually fire me). From late taxes, missed appointments, nail biting, hyperfocus (the only way I end up meeting a deadline) to constantly trying to figure out where I put my keys/wallet/sunglasses/cell, I am amazed how I get through life. Always hate to watch movies (take waaay to long to get to the point) and am usually the life of the party in group settings. Oh, and I seem to be able to laugh now about my 37 notebooks that I have only used 20 pages in, mostly consisting of old to-do lists that have never been completed…

With years of dealing with depression (cause I usually feel like I mess up my life) it is so AMAZING to have this realization! My Dr is not very supportive of me and my years of guilt/sadness and low self esteem.

It is all starting to make sense to me now… THANK YOU!

REPORT ABUSE

billd

>>and I seem to be able to laugh now about my 37 notebooks that I have only used 20 pages in, mostly consisting of old to-do lists that have never been completed…<<

Thought that was just me……………..

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

LOL Me too (the notebooks.)

My husband has asked if I can just skip the buying pretty notebooks stage and just pick up some pages torn out of old books to give him for scrap. It’d be cheaper at least!

SO many lovely looking note books that were really going to make me remember to write in them this time…

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, I really thought the notebook thing was unique to me. :) I’m actually happy to see I’m not alone. I wonder if that goes along with having a million water glasses all over the house too. Nah, that’s probably my OCD.

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

wow we could all be from the same family.the only things i would lose my list. keeping a job for six months,is really hard for me.but love the fact that there are more and more of us.lol

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

The longest job I ever had was 6 months! All the rest three days to three months. Yep, “we are family”.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I could never use notebooks, I always forgot to write anything in it, but sticky notes!, the last job I had my computer monitor looked like a sunflower. Almost every job that I’ve had since I’ve been out of the military has had a thousand different things to do every day (I have ADHD), so I wouldn’t get bored. I can’t stay in one normal job title for more than a year max. The company I work for now I went from Rework to Loader to Leadman to Lab Tech to Semi-Admin to Environmental Compliance Supervisor in the last five years. I’m already planning my next move because I’ll be bored in a year or less, monotony and normalcy are my biggest job killer.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I found that the job I was happiest at was with a temo agency, I got to wear a lot of different hats and my need to be always doing somthing was considered a plus. I never was anywhere long enough for people to notice that I was really hyper and I never got bored.

REPORT ABUSE

Lucky77

Yes, for some reason each cool notebook in the store screams “I am your solution to getting things done – forget all the others! I will help you change!”

As for working temp work, it is difficult given my profession. Sounds awesome though!

On another note, I have been trying to find out how to get tested. Where I am (canada), there is a number of options. There is a fee – almost $1200! I will be heading to my Dr. tomorrow. Wish me luck – going back and forth between feeling scared and nervous. It was really my elevation of anxiety due to missing some deadlines and getting bad feedback that has propelled me into finding this site. I want to get help before I ruin my current job!!

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Dafiloola, I’ve posted about water glasses here too – I remember that I need a drink and I get as far as pouring myself one, but my husband finds the glasses all over the house, some half drunk, some I’ve completely forgotten to drink at all.

REPORT ABUSE

Lucky77

On the husband topic… Anyone have any tips on getting him to understand? He has had to deal with my many job changes, depression, low self esteem, anxiety etc. I feel like, “here we go again…” Poor guy! He is great, but doesn’t understand

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, time to chime in. Yes, I have the notebooks too. I was a bit successful with one recently and it did help, but I have since not been using it. My biggest concern for you Lucky is that you find a Doc that is sensitive to where you are and is familiar with ADD. It makes such a difference. I was first dx by a Pysch( I had health ins) but when he retired my GP, who is good prescibes my ADD drugs and antideppressent drugs. I take Effexor in the am and often Trazodone at night to help me sleep. can not really respond to the spouce thing right now. My husband knows and understands a bit. However, I just purchased the ADD and loving it CD so we can watch it together. I hope it helps. He will probably yell at me for spending money!

REPORT ABUSE

Shadow Nexus

dafiloola> The longest job I ever had was 6 months! All the rest three days to three months. Yep, “we are family”.

I have you beat. The longest was three months and that was one time. One month, one time. Three days, one time. That’s a total of three paying jobs in a lifetime. I’m so glad I woke up and smelled the rotten eggs. In 2008, I saw the light and realized job hunting was a futile waste of time. Now and for all time, “I’m done!” Got myself on disability and out my parents house. Wish I had seen the light earlier in life and not wasted so much time trying to be a corporate drone. I’m surviving to the next day, but at least now I have steady paycheck. :)

FYI, Before my disability paycheck was lowered, I saved up for the computer.

Need get that book written. ;)

REPORT ABUSE

Alice

Yes to the notebooks too! This made me laugh. I also hate going to movies because I can’t sit still that long. If they let me do jumping jacks in the aisle I might be able to make it through. I also don’t watch t.v. for the same reason, or if I do, I always have to be doing something (or several things!) at the same time.

I am now self employed as an artist and my boss is great! Very understanding.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Notebooks? Notebooks?? I could open up my own stationary shop and stock it with notebooks that were barely used, slightly used, cover opened once and that was only to see if the pages were lined or blank!

😳

Then I had the bright idea of using my blackberry (discarded by my daughter in favour of the iphone). Did you know that you can record memos or even ‘to do’ lists on the BB? The perfect solution for one of ‘us’, right?

Not if you leave the silly thing behind in your daughter’s car. When I realized my BB was missing, I didn’t dare call her about it. She dragged me along on a shopping expedition to help her choose carpeting for her house and dropped me off later, but not before declaring she was going to bed early since she had to leave at 4 am for the airport.

Since I’m a night owl, it was about 1 am when I realized that my BB was missing. And why did I realize it was missing at that time of the night?

😳 Yes, I had been looking at BB apps for getting myself better organized!! Surely, I thought, there must be an app out there that organizes people like us so that our lives run like clockwork (maybe an app to even vacuum carpets and wash windows, too!).

Well, maybe there are apps like that out there but they’d not do me a lick of good if I lealve my BB in my daughter’s car and she’s headed off to work at the airport and won’t be back for 5 days. I thought of driving up to her home (another town) and trying to locate her spare set of keys and then trying to illegally sneaking into the employee parking lot at the airport.

I gave up on that idea since I know they have security cameras everywhere watching for car thieves/break=ins. I could see the headlines- Old Woman Found Breaking into Employee Parking Garage- Spotted on security cameras as she wandered through 8 levels claiming to be looking for her BB in a gray car. My non-ADD daughter would have me committed but only if she didn’t kill me first.

So notebooks don’t work for me and the BB doesn’t either. 😆

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)