Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Yakity Yak Attack Thread. For just ranting n ramblng about fun stuff. Any subjec

Yakity Yak Attack Thread. For just ranting n ramblng about fun stuff. Any subjec2012-02-24T20:55:48+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Motivation/Staying on Track Yakity Yak Attack Thread. For just ranting n ramblng about fun stuff. Any subjec

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Robbo

I finally came up with a good enough idea to start a new thread. It is what is says. So I’ll start.

Gonna ask her for her phone # tonight, n see if the flirting turns into anything interesting. Wish me luck gang.

Lata tomata’s

Fri. 12:53 pm 2/24/12

No Remorse Metallica Kill ‘Em All

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Hey Robbo – good luck. Play it calm and cool. Cool as in relaxed not as in aloof.

Remember the best soul mates are best friends as well as everything else that comes onto a relationship. Romance is important but you need friendship for long-term stuff.

But like Pete said, be yourself.

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Hope it went well.

Any subject?

I’m very much enjoying having a couple of days in bed due to putting my back out! The pills are working spectacularly well so I’m in no pain yet I’m getting to rest.

Not too shabby!

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

I would like to ask a is any one getting ahead of their adhd?, because the more I learn the father behind it feels like I am falling.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Hi trashman

I don’t think I will ever be ahead of it. I have days when I can achieve what I want to achieve but it’s usually with the aid of meds and implanting in my mind what it is I need to do before I take them. Even then it takes effort. I would like to be efficient every day but that won’t happen.

The more I learn the more I understand that is who I am and it helps.

How is your back Tiddler?

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

>>>>> Hope it went well.

Any subject?

I’m very much enjoying having a couple of days in bed due to putting my back out! The pills are working spectacularly well so I’m in no pain yet I’m getting to rest.

Not too shabby! <<<<< better than a poke in the eye, huh? (w/ a sharp stick) Thanks for the vote of confidence/hope.

Whelp, fortunately I listened to “the gut”, talked to her a while, it was fun, we laughed. I asked her “how old are you” LOL, smart huh? Doh!! She responded well n said “I’m old” n laughed, pretty good answer to an awkward question huh?. I’m 47 but my personality and the fact that I quit the Party animal ways before my offspring turned one helps me elso look younger. I was thinking she might be too young for me. We shall see.

So next week I may ask her out for coffee or a snack. We’ll see what the “gut instinct” has to say. Sometimes our impulsiveness is a quick witty sense of humor, others times. Well, you know, been there regretted that, huh?

Suspence!! fun stuff, huh? ***smirky grinn*** ****almost pouting cuz I’m impatient****

Anyone heard from Pete?

Dang hippo’s…

Oh dang, runnin late!!! Ack

sunday, 2/25/12

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

I’m gettin’ excited for you Robbo.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Hey Trashman!

Some days I feel on top of the world and in control, other days… well weeks at times, like these past two weeks, I feel like ive never been so behind in my life! All in all though, thanks to medication and an ADD coach, I know I am further along than I was a year ago with my initial diagnosis.

Robbo – I am learning more and more each day to notice that “gut feeling” and listen to it. It really helps in a game of poker. hahahaha

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Hey Robbo

Follow your gut always. Take it easy with her, ask her for a coffee, make friends with her before you go all deep and meaningful on her. That will give you time to suss her out and also give her time to get to know you. That might take some time. Learn to enjoy each others company and then let things develop naturally!!

Rock on Robbo. 😉

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Robbo – sounds positive!

Trashman – I’m far from being on top of my ADHD but there are some days when I think I’m maybe learning to live with it, which is something , right?!

Scattybird – my back is much better thanks. Trying to go without pain killers today but will give in and have some with my lunch in a few minutes, then sleep the afternoon away. But I have had a good run of work done this morning, while lying in bed so that’s not nothing!

And to add what you’re saying, Trashman, I feel that the worst part about knowing is that the anxiety disappeared. The anxiety, that I’ve always hated and I’m glad to be rid of is gone because I’ve stopped driving myself crazy chasing stuff that was uncatchable. But I haven’t put any solid alternative strategies in place of it to help me cope with the symptoms. So in some ways I’m falling with no apparent way of stopping myself. In others though I’m finding ways to hang on and claw myself back up – like generating a bit of adrenaline by playing a game before I start my work or by finding peace in the knowledge that I won’t get much done before a deadline but when it gets closer – watch me go!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

War and Piste info@warandpiste.com

I saw a blurb on utube and found a link to the uk publisher,

this sounds like a happy feeling book if anyone needs one :)

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

I may have some good news tomorrow about some medicine to help. Doctors appointment at 8:15 in the morning, half an hour across town. I’m a night person. That’s very difficult.

I’m getting better at reading just from reading here so much. It’s still impossible some days. right, re-write, delete, pull hair, give up, repeat…

I’ve quit focusing on me so much. In my case, (not anyone else here that I can see) it’s a matter of thinking about “me” and “my problems” too much. ADHD is not a disorder of selfishness, but that is a factor for me.

I wrote more, but it’s camping on my desktop. If it’s worth posting, I will. Mainly I’m just trying to focus on the solutions more than the problems.

I’m growing an ulcer about being late tomorrow. Being late is what I call ADHD HELL. guess you guys have been there, huh?

:-( it’s the shits. Plain and simple. DGMS

I sometimes don’t like me. I’m really trying though. honest. I’m really really trying.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

K, I hope this helps.

<<<< I would like to ask a is any one getting ahead of their adhd?, because the more I learn the father behind it feels like I am falling.. >>>>>

I’ve kinda been backing off on the massive amounts of ADHD education that really IS the solution; it’s just that I’ve really jumped in with both feet. Hyper-focused on learning as much as I could, n sorta over did it. Early this morning I was watching a little bit u TV. Found out in 2007, they studied medical students and found that many of them had a tendency to come down with symptoms of the diseases they were studying. “At the time they studied them”. I could easily see how/why ADHD get’s much worse before it gets better. That’s been the case with me. I’m hoping without much hope that getting medication will help some. But I know that’s not likely to be a big part of the solution for me. I need different habits, not better, just different.

Focus on the problem ‘our real problem’, and the problem increases. Focus on the solution” Me doing the solution increases. I study the stuff I’ve copy and pasted from here, the solutions only stuff. I’m trying to keep track of that folder better, n actually reading it. a lot.

Using my planner, alarm on phone, checking it more often, so I actually DO the stuff I write down to remember. I’ve had notes to self all around my apartment for years that say “slow down”. I’m doing a better job of physically slowing down. Bring body, mind follows. Changing my thinking makes the body follow too.

I realized some time during the last bunch of months that the reason I’m late is because I can’t stand to sit and wait!!! so I never give myself any extra “murphy’s law cushion” I’m done with that… so far. I don’t expect being late to just vanish. But I’m planning WAY ahead, being ready WAY WAY before I need to be ready. Great advice is all over this site, I keep copy and pasting the solutions only, in a “READ THIS NOW” folder. I didn’t name it solutions. Why?, I open it sometimes cuz I don’t remember what’s in there! lol. I’ve decided to bring my laptop with me to doctors appointments. I can fool around with Itunes and study ideas from here.

I let my posts camp out, saved in word processor, on desktop. Different amounts of time, depending… Take a lot of the “all about me” stuff that may not be as helpful. They’re smaller, shorter, at least a little bit. I try but….

It turns out to be a good thing that we can’t remove our posts a couple days after, or a week after. Painful lessons are better learned. I can see me improving a little, sometimes.

I watch the video’s repeatedly… That’s a good one.

Good song just came on : One More Chance Jackson 5 Motown Legends cool old school tune.

Mon. 2/27/12

REPORT ABUSE

agnoscet

Fun stuff thread? Okay, here goes… I’d listen to more Clapton if his group could just find a decent guitar player.

Netflix has his Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010. Absolutely amazing. Amazing! 4 hours. Amazing!

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

More random – just watched the last harry potter film last night. I thought it was fantastic. Dear, brave Snape! I love him!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)