Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Awesome ADHD

Awesome ADHD2011-01-07T12:43:03+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Bill

You know The Book of Awesome (http://1000awesomethings.com/book/ )? Well, let’s put together an awesome list of the awesome side of ADHD. What makes you feel awesome? I’ll start.

*Done!*

Done! is an awesome word. When I can say the word “done!” I feel it right down to my toes. It is liberation. It frees me. It gives me the energy I need to move onto the next thing. There is no better feeling than to look down the To-Do list, saying, “Done! Done! Done! Done!, Oh shoot, I forgot about that one.” Well, nobody’s perfect!

REPORT ABUSE

Curlymoe115

I am a fantastic listener and a great problem solver. So when I am able to solve the problem I feel your sense of done. Now whether they decide to follow my advice is a different story, but I feel a done coming on every darn time.

REPORT ABUSE

Bill

What about that AWESOME feeling when you have a brilliant idea that you just KNOW is going to help someone?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Done is OK, but for me when someone says “WELL DONE”, it makes my day.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oooohhh Yes!!!! There is nothing like the feeling of completeing a task! that is one of the reason I get into being a student. I can’t compare the high I get from completeting an assignment. One of my little rewards I give to myself is telling myself… DONE!!!

K

REPORT ABUSE

Bill

What about that AWESOME feeling when you’re deep into something you love?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

OH! YEAH!!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love my ADHD brain, there is no trying to think outside the box, I was born without a “box” and that is AWESOME

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I totally agree! When you learn how to compensate for the drama it really is possible to think outside of the “box.” The only “box” around here is the one my cat plays in!

K

REPORT ABUSE

billd

with 3 cats I deal with 4 of those boxes…… not awesome………

Oh, you mean the OTHER boxes – the one you remove something from and let it drop and suddenly it belongs to the cat.

This is an awesome thread, thanks captain awesome.

>>What about that AWESOME feeling when you’re deep into something you love? <<

Now that goes beyond awesome – that’s a high.

Detective work, computer forensics, I LOVE IT!! And I’m deep in it now. I’m high as a kite.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ditto billd!

With me its being a student again; I get high on learning… it’s totally cool to face my fear of math once and for all and conquer it; to further challenge myself I wake-up about 2am to study life is good; it may be tough but it is a “bowl of cherries” so cherries have pits in them… who cares they still taste good; it may sound odd- but hey… I have ADHD; I’m allowed…

K

REPORT ABUSE

Bill

Kazuo – that’s AWESOME! I agree about getting high on learning.

Has anyone else had that AWESOME feeling when you help someone by getting them to see a problem in a whole new light? Sometimes it even happens by accident. You’re creatively playing with something they said and suddenly their eyes light up and they say something like, “Hey, I never thought about it that way! Thanks,”

REPORT ABUSE

Rick Green – Founder of TotallyADD
    Participant

When someone says, “Really? I had no idea.” because what I’ve said has opened their eyes to the possibility that this isn’t just lazy parents, drug pushing doctors and incompetent teachers trying to suppress youthful exuberance and turn everyone into a consumer drone.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Rick – “Consumer drone(s)”, I think most in charge just want us all to be drones. Follow the path, procedure, do it for the common good, one size should fit all, don’t be fat, don’t have pimples, don’t throw food in the wrong garbage pail, red means stop, conform or be ridiculed. Saving money, growing crops, planning for tomorrow, these are not things we worry about because they have a way of resolving themselves if left alone long enough and know what? That OKAY!! The world is better for having this diversity but we and they need to learn how to make it work.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

Conform? Ha, I laugh………. I’m the ANTI-conform. In fact I resist conforming with a passion. Come to think of it, I do almost everything with a passion…………….

Say, Rick – is that picture from IPTV here?

I want to learn everything, I want to know everything, I want to fly into deep space and have all the answers. The journey into possibilities is exciting, awesome!

Ya want drones go live with the bees or ants. People were created with free will, free choices.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)