Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Bedtime – Why do the demons come once I lay down?

Bedtime – Why do the demons come once I lay down?2011-03-24T20:47:14+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Bedtime – Why do the demons come once I lay down?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

cherryberryblossom

…..ohh my lord! i just watched dr.j’s video on sleep management. i see he has not changed from being a total nut nutl lol

he always makes me laugh. i have the tv in my bedroom, the laptop and the dvd clock shining bright in my face. but i put on the fire place channel to get to sleep??? isn’t that a good thing? maybe wearing my cpap machine would help? once i buy it.

anywhoooo.. ipod to get to sleep also works great. or the nature channel with sounds of rain and crickets…

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

Hey, I know Robbo posted the Desiderata six months ago, but I only just found it now.

I leaned the Deteriorata (National Lampoon’s version) first. I was in high school at the time, and looked forward to Sunday nights, when I’d tape “Dr. Demento” off the radio. That’s where I first heard these words:

DETERIORATA

(You are a fluke of the universe.

You have no right to be here.

Deteriorata, Deteriorata)

Go placidly amidst the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof. Avoid quiet and passive persons, unless you are in need of sleep. Rotate your tires. Speak glowingly of those greater than yourself; and heed well their advice, even though they be turkeys. Know what to kiss – and when. Consider that two wrongs never make a right, but that three do. Wherever possible, put people on hold. Be comforted, that in the face of all irridity and disillusionment, and despite the changing fortunes of time, there is always a big future in computer maintenance.

Whether you can hear it or not,

The universe is laughing behind your back.)

Remember the Pueblo. Strive at all times to bend, fold, spindle, and mutilate. Know yourself. If you need help, call the FBI. Exercise caution in your daily affairs, especially with those persons closest to you… That lemon on your left, for instance. Be assured that a walk through the seas of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet. Fall not in love, therefore, it will stick to your face. Gracefully surrender the things of youth: the birds, clean air, tuna, Taiwan – and let not the sands of time get in your lunch. Hire people with hooks. For a good time, call 606-4311, ask for Ken. Take heart in the deepening gloom that your dog is finally getting enough cheese. And reflect that whatever misfortune may be your lot, it could only be worse in Milwaukee.

Therefore, make peace with your god, whatever you perceive him to be: hairy thunderer or cosmic muffin. With all its hopes, dreams, promises, and urban renewal, the world continues to deteriorate. GIVE UP!

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

I don’t really know why, but I found that to be bloody funny! 😆 Dr. Demento, eh? What the hell was all that about? 😆

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Larynxa – I used to listen to Dr. D all the time back in the 70s when I was in college. I even learned “Shaving Cream” and maybe one or two other tunes on my concertina. And of course I called my niece and nephew Capt. Chaos and Jungle Judy.

I think of you almost every day. We have a small metal sculpture thingy of a black cat with a long neck on our porch. I’ll see if I can email a picture of it to you sometime. Don’t hold your breath though.

REPORT ABUSE

cherryberryblossom

hahhaha doctor demento was funy, FISH HEADS, FISH HEADS, ROLLY POLY FISH HEADS, lol. or dead puppies, aren’t much fun.lol

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)