Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Classic ADD moments

Classic ADD moments2013-09-19T01:44:41+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Funny Classic ADD moments

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

lsdcat

P. S. to flooding story (I don’t know how to edit my comment) I just remembered the bowl was  a bucket — a bucket to wash the walls with, of course.

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

LOL 🙂

It may not be funny to you yet, but it will be someday I’m sure.

I can’t even begin to list all of my flooding stories. Let’s just say restaurant sinks take a very, very long time to fill, especially when the water pressure is low. And there are so many things that can be done in that time….

One story from home that I can think of is when I took a shower and didn’t notice that the whole time I was in there the shower curtain wasn’t closed properly. It wasn’t a big flood but when I saw the huge puddle of water on the floor, then went down to the basement and saw that it was dripping from the ceiling, I immediately decided that there must be a pipe leaking and freaked out. It took some time and two different people to convince me that it was from the shower.

@lsdcat, if you look at the top right of your comment after you post it you will see an edit button. It will only be there for a couple of hours after you post then it disappears.

REPORT ABUSE

mewithadd

@lsdcat you will find it funny someday.  You have to laugh at yourself or you will go crazy beating yourself up over your scattered brain.  You sound so much like me!!!!  LOL   Yesterday I was meeting my husband at the autobody shop and he told me 12:15.  He called at 12 to make sure I was ready and I was and told me to leave now.  I got a little side tracked because I wanted to fold a load of laundry before I left.  Husband calls at 12:15 and asks where I am.  I tell him I’m in the car on my way.  I was in car but still in my driveway.  I only have to go about 5 minutes down the road and I just proceed to drive right by the autobody shop and then realize it.  He was just shaking his head at me because he had seen me drive on by.  He has to deal with my scattered brain every day.  God bless him!!

REPORT ABUSE

sdwa
    Participant

You’ve just reminded me I left the stove on over an hour ago. I hope someone else turned it off. Better go see!

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

Ooh…Stove left on is a scary one. Hard to laugh at that. 😐

I actually do reasonably well with the stove, but I have left a burner on a few times. And I almost always leave the oven on long after whatever I was baking or roasting is done, but that’s not so bad. It just keeps the furnace from turning on. The biggest problem I have is checking for things around the stove before turning a burner on. I have melted plastic bags, cutting boards, spatulas and bowls. I’ve set my oven mitts on fire and shattered a glass lid. I try to always scan the top of the stove as I am turning the burner on.

My ADD moment for the day: I wanted to post something here that happened today but I have no idea what it was.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

My mom once melted a big glass bowl to an element on the stove.

She’d turned on the wrong element (on High, as usual), and didn’t realize it until she noticed the glass bowl glowing bright red.

She quickly turned off the stove and waited half an hour for everything to cool down.  Then she tried to pick up the bowl, but it had fused to the element.  So, she gave it a yank…

Did you know that glass shatters at a speed of over 10,000 mph?

REPORT ABUSE

sdwa
    Participant

@blackdog

You’ve melted plastic bags, cutting boards, spatulas, bowls, shattered a glass lid, and set your oven mitts on fire? Me, too! We have so much in common!

😉

I’ll never forget the day I was making candles in the kitchen and the paraffin went up in flames. My children were terrified as fire shot to the ceiling, sort of like the mushroom cloud of smoke used by the Wizard of Oz to intimidate Dorothy and her friends. There are still smoke stains on the ceiling. My younger child said, “Mom, please don’t make candles again.”

Part of my problem is that I get bored cooking. I hate waiting for a pot to boil. I hate standing there to stir things. I have a tendency to wander off and forget I was cooking.

@Tadd Moderator

Was it the bowl that shattered or the electric curly element thing? The elements are probably metal, right? I have fused aluminum foil to the element inside the oven – burning aluminum emits toxic fumes. Not good. Hope your mom was okay and didn’t get hit by flying glass – that’s pretty scary.

My husband, for reasons best known to himself, likes to “sterilize” toothbrushes and kitchen sponges by boiling them in a pot of water on the stove. I can’t tell you how many times he’s forgotten and melted them, poisoning the atmosphere in the house, so that we needed to put fans in the windows for hours to clear it out. I wish he’d quit doing that. It never ends well.

😉

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)