Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Great Moments in ADD

Great Moments in ADD2011-10-01T17:02:01+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Funny Great Moments in ADD

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

quizzical
    Participant

Thought I’d start a “short and sweet” version of the funniest-moments topic. This is for all those fleeting-yet-amusing moments in our lives that are too good not to share.

I’ll start off with this:

The other day, I had a nasty paper cut on my fingertip, so I put on a Band-Aid. Half an hour later, I noticed that my cut was still bugging me. That’s when I realized I’d put the Band-Aid on the wrong finger!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Haha!

Last week I got up in class to do something on the board… I went back and sat in COMPLETELY the wrong desk. Even though none of my stuff was there, I didn’t notice. I eventually wondered why the seat was so cold, and then I had to walk, very embarrassed, to my actual seat. Woops…

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

A month ago I side swiped a trailer parked on the side of a driveway at my workplace. because I was HYPER FOCUSED on the pot hole that I was trying dodge. Everything in my field of vision other than the pot hole and my car, in reference to it, just disappeared for a few seconds, my car is totaled. It’s not funny yet but I hope I’ll be able to laugh at it someday right now it just hurts my pride and my wallet.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

I was really young when this happened – like probably 8 or 9, but I walked to school a lot. One morning as I got down the block, I could hear my mother hollering out to me “Bill, aren’t you forgetting something”?

No, I had my books, my lunch, I was fine.

She said “Look down”………….

No shoes or socks.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I returned to work on Monday night, after annual leave. I went to go to the staff loo, which is locked with a keypad. I walked up to it without any thought and proceeded to punch in my keycard number instead. After a fleeting panicked attempt to try and remember the correct number, I collected myself, looked away, and turned back to find my fingers were able to bypass my defective brain and type in the proper number – I have learnt from experience that any effort to force a numerical recollection will result in it vanishing completely!!

Then last night, I remembered the number, but forgot to push “enter”.

Then this morning, I sat at the computer and proceeded to type in my staff number and password, then looked up at the screen to find the program I thought I was using was not actually open, and I was enjoying the standard Windows XP scenery instead!!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was at work yesterday and went to the bathroom on my break. I was thinking about going to the breakroom and getting my yogurt from the fridge and a spoon from my locker while tucking my uniform shirt into my pants, and I managed to stub my pinky finger very painfully.

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

Last year my son told me I’d sent him to school with an empty sandwich: Two blank slices of bread put together with nothing in between!

REPORT ABUSE

Shadow Nexus

Back in high school, I was looking for to spring break one year. I enjoyed that week. Then went to school the next week fully loaded. I show up at school and no one is there. So, I went home and checked out the school schedule. I took the week before spring off. Opps! The school never called me. I told everyone I had the flu.

Recently in public place, I went into the restroom to wash my hands. Shortly after, a woman appears from one of the stalls. I notice and get a quizzical look on my face. I think, “Something isn’t right here.” I say to her, “Wrong bathroom?”. She says back, “Yea.” I make discrete and hasty exist. :-)

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

Two rather ordinary moments, but they happened on the same day! (sort of)

Started off a morning by doing a load of laundry without any soap. At least, I’m pretty sure there was no soap. When I went to start the next load I sensed that the whole measuring-out-the-detergent thing hadn’t already been done that day.

Later on, I went into the plastic storage container cupboard to get something to stash some leftovers in. Saw a container in the cupboard that….looked like something was inside? Opened it up to find an unidentifiable object completely encased in green mold. Obviously the item had been originally bound for the fridge and ended up in the cupboard instead. Needless to say it was promptly re-routed to the trash!

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

ACK!!!!!

this page is a gut cruncher! hehe. Great idea.

I’m in that 2, or three hour window of time when the Ritalin is working. It’s only a small piece of the whole solution, but it’s making it possible for me to do all the other endless coping strategies that help me live with an AHDH brain. No time to fix dyslexia typos today….

If I remember to come back I promise to bring some short n sweet funny ones. How to remember? hmmmm. to post it or not to post it…

REPORT ABUSE

munchkin

Just today I was meeting with a vendor in a different building from my own office. After the meeting, I came back and somebody had accidentally locked the doors to my normal building – what’s going on?!

Turns out it was way after closing time – it seemed like the middle of the day to me!! Darn sense of time! These dark winter days don’t help at all – it looks like dusk all day!!! (Luckily there was a janitor around who could let me in so I could get my purse and carkeys and go home) Heh-heh what happens with the janitor stays with the janitor right? (Doubt it)

Late for dinner again!! Sorry Hubby :(

REPORT ABUSE

mulegirltx

I’m just finding this thread because I just joined, but had to revive it!

Filmbuff1984–I once went into the men’s restroom (I’m a woman) at a very crowded restaurant and was drying my hands when I realized there was a urinal there. I swear I thought to myself “are they making the restrooms in this place unisex?” until I went to leave, and saw the clearly written “Cowboys” sign on the door. I just walked quickly back to the table, where my now ex called me on it. LOL. It only took us six months to work up the nerve to go back there…

My sister, who is only just realizing she definitely has ADHD traits, even though she’s got at least one daughter and one sister (me) with raging cases, once texted all of us siblings “This morning I washed my hair with conditioner, so I washed it again, and I’m pretty sure I used conditioner the second time, too.” LOL.

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

How To Cook a Roast Beef Dinner, ADD Style
    Get the roast out of the freezer and defrost it over night in the fridge. Write a big reminder note for yourself so that you won’t forget that you are cooking roast beef for dinner.
    Get up in the morning and read your notes. Ah, yes, the roast. Have to be sure to put it on in time to have it cooked for dinner.

Make breakfast, check email, check forums, Google a couple of things…..Husband’s mother phones, talk to her for a bit, tell her you’re cooking roast beef for dinner…….look at clock and realize what time it is. Better get the roast on soon.

Hang up and forget about roast again. Go out to pay some bills and get gas. Stop at the mall to mail a card, pop into dollar store….just to find something quickly….find several things, not so quickly. Then go into store next to dollar store and wander around looking at stuff there. Buy a couple of things for Christmas, remember to mail card on the way out, go get gas, go home and cook eggs for dinner because you don’t have time left for anything else.

Before going to bed, write a big reminder note to cook the roast the next day.
    Get up in the morning and completely forget to read all of your notes. Google, email, chat etc…..Remember roast. Do some other things….Remember roast again.

Clean kitchen counter, wash frying pan. Get roast out and season with salt and pepper, pan sear, add water, cover and transfer to oven set at right temperature to cook nice and slow, even though it’s a little late, because you want it to be tender.

Clean up a bit, look at packaging from roast and see that it says “Eye of Round”, not Tenderloin like you had thought. Look up eye of round….read that it is one of the toughest cuts of beef. And that it should be dry roasted, uncovered.

Get roast out of oven, remove water from pan, put back in oven uncovered. Wander around and do a few other things, then remember that you have mushrooms that were supposed to go with the roast. Chop mushrooms and add them to the pan.

Sometime later…

Check temperature of roast- 5 degrees below where you want it, time to take it out and let it rest. And you haven’t put the potatoes on yet. Scramble to peel and chop potatoes as quickly as possible, put them on to boil. Take roast out, transfer to cutting board and tent. Set pan on burner to make gravy.

Hmmm, seems like something is missing. Oh, Yorkshire Pudding. Didn’t even think of it. Too late now. But you have a box of Yorkshire Pudding mix, maybe it’s not too late. Go get box, read instructions….bake for 20-30 minutes….no, it really is too late. Next time.

Roast is done and resting, potatoes are almost cooked and ready to mash, gravy is done….something is still missing. Think about it and realize you didn’t cook any vegetables.

Get some frozen veggies out quick and dump them into a bowl. Leave them sitting on the counter while you stir gravy, check potatoes etc. Notice veggies still sitting on counter, put in microwave. Drain potatoes and mash them. Realize you didn’t turn microwave on. Turn microwave on, cover potatoes and gravy to keep them warm…..

And 10 minutes later serve dinner, half an hour late.

And of course, forget to use your oven mitts and singe your fingers at least twice throughout all of the above.

REPORT ABUSE

dithl
    Participant

ADD startle reflex. I swear I am getting jumpier the older I get. Last week I yelled out loud because a scene on TV spooked me. Today I startled twice (with sound effects, of course) just because someone wasn’t where I expected them to be….and was moving. Sheesh…the way things are going, I can already see the headlines: “80 year old woman dies after seeing a mouse”.

REPORT ABUSE

sdwa
    Participant

Have you ever tried to brush your teeth with Clearasil? Not recommended.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)