Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Having ADHD Co$T$ Money

Having ADHD Co$T$ Money2012-10-25T19:52:57+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author

Scattybird
    Participant

Hi Fabulous – wow – put like that you make me sound like a saint! Maybe I should hang onto your post so next time someone has a go at me about something trivial I’ll wave it at them and say…’see, I ain’t SOO bad’.

Larynxa – your resolve is remarkable.

REPORT ABUSE

Fabulous

LOL! Glad to be of service, Scattybird!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wish I had seen this before I went on my spending spree! I don’t know if it was just a coincidence that I got some money owed to me and started Adderall around the same time. Since I am feeling better my interests in my hobbies has returned! So, yes, wish I’d have been more proactive. sigh……

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

It’s not really “resolve”. It’s just changing my greediness for *things* into a greediness to watch my bank balance grow!

REPORT ABUSE

Fabulous

It just happened. I went to the dentist. After I got back home, it occurred to me that I had *driven* to the dentist, but *walked* home. I completely forgot my car!! I ran all the way back but I was too late. I got a $40 parking ticket for overstaying my welcome in the 1-hour parking zone. :(

REPORT ABUSE

Fabulous

Coping strategy 1) Accept that these screw-ups cost money. Having a hard time with #1 today. Instead I will whine about it with my online ADHD commiserates. Thank you, guys.

Coping strategy #2) Get a system in place. Hmmm. Not really sure how to remind myself to take the car with me when I leave somewhere…

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Fabulous – Better than walking to the dentist and driving home, then being charged with grand theft auto.

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

Gee whiz, ADHD is annoying! I’d embezzled $20 from my wife and had secreted it in my pocket, but had lost the bloody thing within an hour!!! I was gonna get some smokes with that…. 🙄

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

stupid buttons!!! I hadn’t finished!!!

I have to smoke rollies because my wife whines about the cost of smoking, and I hate rolling the stupid things…if it’s not licking the wrong side of the paper it’s wrapping it too tightly, or so loose that the filter comes out in my mouth as I inhale and pull away from the stupid rollie…

REPORT ABUSE

Fabulous

LMAO! You guys are great.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

Fabulous, have you discovered the power of the hand?

Whenever I have something really important to remember (such as an appointment, or my call time for work), I write it in waterproof ink (some gel inks are great for this), on the side of my non-dominant hand, between the base of the thumb & the wrist.

This way, it is impossible to miss seeing the reminder, or to lose it…unless I were to have my hand suddenly amputated, in which case, getting to the hospital trumps everything else.

In your case, when you drive somewhere, write “CAR” on the side of your hand. That is your reminder.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

You didn’t even mention the late fees that we tack up for late bill payments. The t-shirt that says: ADD helping the economy one late fee at a time is the story of my life. Once you get behind it’s hard to catch up too when you live paycheck to paycheck. I try to excuse it in myself by acknowledging that I only get paid every other Monday and have to wait until Tuesday if Monday is a holiday but if I planned better I’d not be behind.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Like the late fee on my visa credit account which pushes me over my limit which then incurs a fine for being over my limit! :(

REPORT ABUSE

kristya

The most expensive thing for me isn’t paying off bills on time (for some reason, I’m pretty good about that). It’s more of the replacing things I break on accident, replacing everything I lose (which is a lot), replacing my clothes/shoes/jackets/electronics/etc that seem to have an unfairly short half-life in my possession, and the impulsive buying that gets me……

On a similar note, apparently phones don’t like water……

Also, have you ever destroyed a jacket by melting it? Yeah, that wasn’t a good day for me. The kicker is that it was in front of my in-laws!

REPORT ABUSE

Phil, Just Phil.
    Participant

Agreed on phones and water, get battery out if u can ASAP and stick in a plastic bags full of dry rice, it draws the moisture out.

I like military and workman stuff, it’s the only stuff tough enough to survive me.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)