Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Having ADHD Co$T$ Money

Having ADHD Co$T$ Money2012-10-25T19:52:57+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • Author

Phil, Just Phil.
    Participant

Hey Allan, get a r oiling machine and some empty filtered tubes, should still be cheaper but you can meditate making a dozen at night and carry them with you in the day.

REPORT ABUSE

kristya

I did learn about that when I went to Costa Rica and my camera got wet. Wish I would have known about it before for my previous phone. I was really tempted when my last phone died to get a heavy-duty, you-can-run-it-over-and-it-will-still-work phone, but it was too expensive… I may have ended up loosing it anyway.

Does anybody else hate touch phones? Those seem to break really easily. However, the ipod nanos with the touch screens are pretty hardy. I dropped my in the snow in my apartment parking lot. Two months later I found it after about two feet of snow, and God knows what else, melted over it. The snow plow had missed it and nobody had ran over it. It still worked just fine after I found it for about 1 1/2 years. As a joke we called it “Kristya proof” generation of iPod.

REPORT ABUSE

Misswho23

The coast of ADD? I don’t really even want to communicate with anyone right now. I’m having an ADD melt down as I call it.

I’m trying to get together a bunch of new jewelry designs for a show this weekend. I’m panicked because I need the money. My hours at my job have been drastically reduced. I need the extra money to refinance my house which will probably happen on the 24th. Happy Christmas eve.

And I’m beating my self up for all the credit cards that I’m still paying off. Party due to my own fault and another part because I had to use them to make ends meet. So now after I’ve worked so hard to get all the balance down and they could just go away if I had the income to just get that last part paid off. And I’m trying to get just enough money in to pay my utilities.

The part that’s getting to me is that I have lots of stuff I wanted to make to sell. I got some stuff but feel I could sell much more but have run out of time. I still have tomorrow though. And of course I’m getting a whipper of a headache that’s making me work slow.

And in the midst off all that I’m going down past jobs memory lane to all the times I felt I could have done better or made better choices for myself. I know this does not help. But in a melt down it’s hard to see the positives.

So I guess I’m posting this because the last time I had a good sale I told you all about it. You guys put in good vibes for me and it was a great day. Just hoping tomorrow I will feel better.

REPORT ABUSE

Fabulous

Luckily for me, my husband pays the bills, so no late fees (anymore).

There is an expensive camera sitting at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean, off the west coast of Vancouver Island …

And there is an expensive set of Oakley sunglasses sitting at the bottom of Lake Simcoe …

And there is a BlackBerry at the bottom of the Atlantic, off of Cape Breton Island …

Kristya, I am dying to hear how you melted a coat! And what the inlaws had to say.

REPORT ABUSE

Fabulous

Larynxa, I do the hand-writing thing! I might have to try that for the car. But I really need to find a pen with ink that won’t transfer — I have a habit of leaning my face on my hand and the reminders transfer to my face. Nothing like walking around with CAT FOOD!!! written backwards on your face.

REPORT ABUSE

Fabulous

Misswho, I hope you rock the block with your jewelry today!!!

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

Fabulous, try an ultra-fine Sharpie. The ink won’t transfer off your hand.

REPORT ABUSE

Misswho23

good morning all.

I’m heading off to do my second jewelry festival type sale. I posted the other day that I was not doing so well. Fabulous thanks your post it helps! I’m feeling a bit better and the migraine that was derailing me seems to be lifting a bit. Always that feeling of being the kid who is always running behind and trying to keep up with the rest of the group. But the group is in my head now.

I’ve read over the past posts on this thread and am feeling less alone that I’m not the only one who had racked up a ton of costs both financially and emotionally.

So I’m putting out there today will be a day that having ADHD will make money! That my creativity and tenacity willingness to keep trying against all odds and staying as optimistic as I can will pay off.

I’m going to be mindful of the good stuff in all of us today.

And wish everyone success. Even in just trying to find the car keys, not have marker on your forehead (love that one) and to use the black sharpie properly and not just sit there and sniff it. (that last bit is for me. I love the smell of markers)

Misswho :-)

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

For me, the memory of the faintly vinegarey smell of freshly-Dittoed pages, still damp with Ditto fluid, as the teacher hands them out, is one of my favourites.

That, and gasoline as it’s being pumped into a car. (Not that I’d ever deliberately sniff the stuff…)

REPORT ABUSE

Misswho23

oooh ditto paper.

Happy to post that my sale went really really well. I met some other jewelry designers as well and got to pick up on a few tips from them.

Somehow I even manages to be one of the first people there ready to set up and that was with a trip back to the house to make sure I locked my front door! That was really my only mishap. Yea!

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Hey MissWho – great that your sale went well! Well done.

What on earth is ditto paper? :)

I read somewhere that if you have a non-permanent marker pen in your car, you can write on the window when anything comes to mind that you might forget. Brilliant idea. So I tried it. By the time I got to work the side window was covered in reminders. The flaw was when I opened my window to swipe my security card to get onto campus and the whole lot smeared and disappeared as the window went into the door frame. Oh well…it saved me the hassle of doing whatever I’d thought about anyway!

So I guess the hand is still the best option.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

ditto paper…lovely purple inky stuff. Uses mineral spirits to make duplicate copies.

Use “spirit master paper” in a google image search. Anything with a picture of a psychic or an exorcist is the the wrong type of spirit master. :)

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

I  can relate, here is part of my long list of things that I have had to deal with. Things like my sell phones at least 4, key fobs and school books , clothes,cash and the list goes on. with fines and most other odd events. And once my car finely found it.  lol

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

The cost for me mostly comes from my kids. As a “truly” single mom (no boyfriend, sig. other, etc) I pay for just about everything on my own. As I have student loans but no degree since I didn’t finish school on top of living expenses and the fines, fees and impulsive buying that has already been mentioned, my outgoing is much higher than my incoming. I try to follow the book “Total Money Makeover” by Dave Ramsey, but it’s hard when there are limits to what one person can do. (I would recommend this book to anyone, ADD or not. Excellent advice on managing any income).

A support system is so necessary to even “normal” people, but when I am working with a broken support system and dealing with people who don’t do what they say they’re going to, or give me a hard time for “bailing me out again” it makes it that much more difficult. Do I work more and put up with complaints for “free” babysitting from family, or try to find a different job? I hate to leave where I am because I’ve finally found a job I’ve been at for more than a year (minus 6 weeks for a maternity leave, but still). The decisions are headache-inducing, and I never know if I’m making the right decision because the only person I can ask is myself.

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

I seem to lose phones, keys and  p hobs. and everything else of importance.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)