Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Hilarious ADD moment!

Hilarious ADD moment!2011-02-09T16:41:40+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Excited/Relieved Hilarious ADD moment!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

jpsimard

So, just about a half an hour ago I had a hilarious ADD moment. I had spent the morning out running errands, which included mailing a package to my daughter who just broke her elbow, buying a snow shovel, sidewalk salt, and Italian dictionary, as well as picking up a prescription for my girlfriend. ALSO, I just purchased my first “add timer” at a kitchen store. Battery powered (because I HATE ticking sounds) with three different alarms! Glorious!

Now, on to the hilarity.

Picture this scene. I pull up in front of my apartment. In the front seat I have a bag containing the dictionary, timer, and prescription. In the cup holder a Coke Classic. In the back seat, the shovel and salt. So, I get out of the car with my bag of goodies, lock the door and close it, only to realize that I forgot to unlock the back door to get the shovel. So, I open the car, unlock the back door, lock the front door and retrieve the shovel and salt. Then I see in the front seat, my coke. Chuckling, I close the back door, locking it, and open the front door to retrieve my coat. I couldn’t help but laugh as I walked to the apartment!

The lesson in this? You’ve got to be able to laugh! Because if I didn’t laugh, and I wasn’t that type of person, I’m sure that would have been REALLY FRUSTRATING! So, with this good humour I look forward to when the ritalin will start working it’s magic!

Ciao!

Justin

REPORT ABUSE

shutterbug55
    Participant

My wife and I call those “Red Green Moments”. You know the black and white section of the show where Rick and a few of the characters try to get something done and you just know it won’t end well?

My latest one was when I was trying to get to an appointment to meet with a friend of mine. I needed to turn in some papers and as usual I left them on the table. So I unlocked the front door set my keys down and went to get the papers. I locked the door and went to the car, which was also locked. My keys weren’t in my pocket so I did the macarena looking for my keys. Went to the front door, to find it was locked. I have done this routine before, so I am pretty good at breaking into my house and let myself in. I set the papers down, and went around the house, looking for the keys which I found on the stand, by the front door. I locked the door, got out to the car, and drove down the road about 200 yards before I remembered I forgot my papers. I drove back to the house and remembering I had already done the macarena looking for my keys, I put them in their proper place. Just as I found the papers, I got a call from the person I was supposed to meet, wondering where I was. I told him I was running a little late and I would be right there. Locked the door and went out to the car to discover my keys were not with me. Twice in one day and I hate the macarena. On my way to the house, I slipped on something and fell back hitting my head just hard enough to see stars. wobbled to let myself into the house, took a quick shower and changed my clothes because I was covered in mud. I then called my friend, told him I was having one of those days and 20 minutes later, he stopped by to grab the papers and hear my story. I was still looking for my keys, wallet, comb, cards and my book of lists when he rang the bell.

This is why I love the Red Green Show, and should apply for membership to the Possum Lodge.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ha! These are great! Glad you weren’t hurt when you fell, Shutterbug! I fall so often it’s not funny anymore, it’s just pitiful!

Jpsimard, I have a hard time getting out of the car too. I mean, there are so many things to worry aobut! Where are my keys, so I need to take my jacket, don’t forget your purse, where are my keys, get the shopping bag, where are my keys! It takes several minutes each time I get out of my car…it has got to look like a Keystone Kops sketch…

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Love it! Thanks for sharing.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve had many days like this. It’s frustrating and will make me angry if I don’t laugh at myself.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

My add always cracks me up when I am out doing errands and I forget where I park after I leave the store. Does this ever happen to anyone else??

REPORT ABUSE

Bill

I don’t usually forget where I park because I have developed the habit of looking backwards as I enter the store. That way I know what to look for when I come out. But when it’s a place where I go often, I have to park in the same general area each time or I’m hopeless at remembering where the car is. All the memories blend into one.

REPORT ABUSE

memzak

I do the backward look thing when I park my car too. I also stopped locking my keys in my car by having them in my hand before I shut the door. Even if I have put them in my special key pocket in my bag I still have to stop and look again before I shut the door. I came close to locking them in the car a couple of weeks ago because I got distracted my a loud noise but I caught myself in time.

I know there are a lot of jokes on the internet about the “shiny” and “squirrel” moments and one day a couple of weeks ago my daughter and I had just gotten home and were sitting in the car talking and I caught sight of a squirrel. It appeared to be running out from under my car and I actually said “Oh, a squirrel!”. My daughter nearly laughed her head off and still teases me about it.

REPORT ABUSE

sparqui

I lock my car with the remote thing that is on the keychain. I haven’t locked my keys in the car since I started doing this. A few years back, I got the idea of always parking in the same area of whatever store I am at. Before I started doing this, I would look for the car for a bit and then hold the keychain up in the air and press the “panic” button on the remote. The car with the blaring horn and flashing lights was mine.

REPORT ABUSE

sdwa
    Participant

Has anyone else tried to brush their teeth with Clearasil, or attempted to use toothpaste as a roll-on deoderant?

Just wondering.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lost the TV remote and found it in the microwave 2 days later

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Oh dear. I’ve just remembered something really embarrassing.

I once sat peering out of my tent door when on holiday with friends, enthusing about how good Colgate toothpaste is. I was holding up the tube at the time. The others began giggling.

I was holding up my tube of contraceptive jelly.

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

http://adultadhdjourney.blogspot.com/ My entry this time is on doing embarrassing things.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hahahah! I used to do stuff like that all the time… and yes, I nearly always instantly forget where I parked and have to kind of rework my walking path in my brain to avoid looking like the stupid person walking down three rows of cars because I’d forgotten.

Had a funny moment today. I forgot twice that I need to feed my cat and walked into the living room to do so immediately forgetting and standing there with the deer in the headlights look on my face trying to remember. My girlfriend unfortunately noticed and questioned “What’s wrong with you!? Are you high or something?” Haha. Just had to laugh. My brain just isn’t working quite right today. [It didn’t help that I was trying to wipe down all of the counters, finish cooking dinner, do the dishes, and put on makeup all at the same time. I don’t know why I think I need to do everything at once in order to get it all done quickly.]

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

HaHA Sounds like I am reading about my life!!!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)