Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

How Many Musicians Are Out There

How Many Musicians Are Out There2011-02-28T18:19:58+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Other How Many Musicians Are Out There

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Bob L..me too, I’m 60 got my own gigin Blues Band. Your about to break-out too cool!!!! As I mentioned we do a lot of traditional blues tunes and some old rock-abilly style stuff as well. Real dancey fun stuff…. We also have about 6 original tunes just about enough to record. Hope to get at that in the jar next year…..we save a little cash from each gig for a CD war chest.

Great bass players are hard to come by. I tell my bass player him and the drummer are the real music, along with the vocalists, the guitar players are just tinsel and glitter. I can say that I’m the lead guitar player!!!!

I still can’t get over what a creative bunch we are…. it’s too cool!!!! Good on you folks!!! The sixties and seventies somebody mentioned…yes it was the best of times, I think. A blast actually…. we broke new ground in those days……socially, politically, sexually, artistically. I would not have missed those days for the world!!! No regrets….none……a lot of my awareness on many many levels is a direct result of those times and the curiosity it brought forward in me.

I guess in many ways I’m still there, that higher morality, awareness and playfulness is bone deep…..how can it not be.

toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m new to the site. Very interested in getting tested.

I have a BME in Trumpet and voice, but my main instrument is guitar now.

I love all styles and have led worship for 12 years.

My problem is memorizing songs. I can’t seem to learn a whole song. I learn enough to have people say “Oh I know that one…” but thats it. I can never finish memorizing. So frustrating.

Does this sound familiar? *please?*

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Jam……..sure but as long as the vocalists, drummer and bass player have it together as a lead guitar player, I’m mostly concerned with starts endings, and solos. Any stops or shots are critical too……repetition, repetition, repetition……seems key to me. I would struggle to remember lyrics to 60 or 70 tunes……….actually it wouldn’t happen.

good to hear from you Jam …….

toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Jam……..sure but as long as the vocalists, drummer and bass player have it together as a lead guitar player, I’m mostly concerned with starts endings, and solos. Any stops or shots are critical too……repetition, repetition, repetition……seems key to me. I would struggle to remember lyrics to 60 or 70 tunes……….actually it wouldn’t happen.

good to hear from you Jam …….

toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would love to learn lead/solo quite a few times, but no matter how excited I am about it I just can’t continue through to the end. Urgh!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow…. I seem to be repeating myself…..cool…

toofat

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)