Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Medical marijuanna, what do you think about it?

Medical marijuanna, what do you think about it?2010-12-30T18:28:28+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Psychostimulants – General Medical marijuanna, what do you think about it?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Turbo, you’re simply prooving what I believe, that pot is a demon word for most people that only knows anectodal evidences… There’s research showing the good side effect of cannabis. But hey, we’re all hippies that do nothing good in life, so why bother!!! I’ve never seen any people on pot pissing themself off to get warmer, that’s real BS you’re saying… Drunk people have a better chance to that stupid kind of thing… Btw, alcool is way more dangerous for health than cannabis is… Cannabis is the saffest drug of all, it’s just impossible to do an overdose with it.

You really are emotive about it and show actually no evidence of cannabis is bad in any way, you just preach your belief. Hippies, lol, that got me some laugh… What’s bad about it? You might just be a conservative capitalist, so what, you’ve got your own values and that’s up to you and has nothing to do with cannabis used as medication.

I always ignore illogical arguments that only states it’s bad because everyone say it’s bad…

@Rick, what you know about marijuana might be very limited to what’s the current belief… Some canabis strain shows high level of CBG (Cannabigenol) and have the same natural ratio of CBG/THC of 1:1 found in Sativex…

Wikicitation “Cannabigerol has been found to act as a high affinity α2-adrenergic receptor agonist, moderate affinity 5-HT1A receptor antagonist, and low affinity CB1 receptor antagonist.[1] It also binds to the CB2 receptor,”

Adrenergic receptor help for noradrenaline and adrenaline release signal.

Also, it not only as an effect on the brain, but also on the social environment. Despite cigarette, nothing as more social effect as cannabis… it just bring people together. My social development was kind of good for an extreme shy guy like me because of that. And seriously, I’m just tired of hearing people say pot head are stupid, lazy not going far type of person… I can show you a huge amount of people I know that used cannabis on a regular basis and managed to be successful in life… Engineer, really good car mechanic, psycholog, university teacher, guy who started their own business, fundamental research neurologist, policeman…

The more I hear about people misknowledge, the more I want to prove them wrong… And this might lead me to do my own research, I’m sure my university will help me out on this

btw sorry for the long post, I’m the type of guy hard to shut up when I start on something that get my passion on.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Chronic may help, but frankly it’s more likely to complicate and confuse the symptoms. As a fat soluble chemical the length of time it stays in your system is longer then most think. It’s not just a buzz that lasts an hour or two, it stays with you longer. It also builds up in your system so you are actually dosing all day everyday. It can take weeks to clean this leaching THC out of your fat before you notice how much more awake you are without it. This is coming from a guy that lives for weed, and knows that he needs to stop and swap it for good old exercise and real sleep. I don’t believe that it is helping me as much as I’d like to think, but it does drowned out a lot of the background noise in my mind and limits the impulsion I feel, but it also makes me tired, unmotivated, short of breath, and short of cash. Going to start saving the money for a better mattress and a vacation some where warm.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

How much time would you say the symptom stay? I’ve heard 2 days, 1-2 week, never past that…

I have a few question for you:

– What kind of weed do you smoke? the type that makes you laugh or the couch potato effect?

– Do you smoke it with tabac in your joint? Or do you smoke it with pipe or bong?

When I read your side effect, I can tell you that indica (90% of what you find in the street) has that tired, unmotivation effect. This is not the type recommanded by therapist. Indica would be recommanded for those who have sleeping problem.

As for your short of breath, this I believe is directly related to the use of tabac in joint. For me, when I started cannabis, I had an asthma problem which stoped around the same time I began smoking pot. Also, none of the research around cannabis relate lungs problem when used on it’s own. Some research even showed cannabis as a positive effect against tumor. I do get short of breath, but also I smoke cigarette, which I need to stop, but with my financial dificulties, it’s my only way to relax my mind when I can’t afford weed…

REPORT ABUSE

Ivriniel
    Participant

Js-cart: Smoking anything as a asthmatic is highly problematic. Your airways are stressed enough without loading them up with particulates from any source.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I haven’t had any asthma since the age of 12, I’m 27 now… Did a lot of competitive sport, and smoke a lot… I have good endurance and high intensity level when I do sport, I’ve often been told to slack on my intensity as other got hurt non voluntary! (sorry my english is sometime bad, it’s not my first language)… sport like ice hockey, boxe and jiu jitsu are pretty intense sport which I always tend to be the most intense guy …

REPORT ABUSE

turbo

Asthma doesn’t go away – it is a physical medical condition of the lungs. Perhaps you haven’t had an ATTACK since 12, but you still have Asthma. And smoking (anything) when if you have that condition is ridiculously stupid.

Sorry but I feel your lack of knowledge about this, goes hand in hand with your misguided impressions about the “benefits” of “medical” pot.

Perhaps having your head in a cloud of blue smoke all the time is what does that to you.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ya I gave up too Turbo. A little knowledge is indeed dangerous.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Turbo : Ok, you must be right, you seem to know so much about something you apparently never tried. I should not consider the research done in this field. I should ignore that cannabis provides airway dilatation… But hey, I’m such stupid, ignorant and head in cloud hippie… Maybe I should tell my university to rethink about my electrical engineering master degree admission… We should tell all researchers to stop their reasearch on it’s effect on migraine, epilepsy, asthma, tourette’s syndrome, lung/breast/thyroid/prostate/brain cancer, AIDS, ADHD, pain relief, artritis, anxiety, parkinson, sleeping problem, abdominal pain, nausia, etc… Research that as been going for more than a century are totally a waist of time… Thank you for sharing your facts, they are so… factual !!! I would share some videos and research study, but it would be useless since everything researchers have done is false… You shed light on this matter… Hey no sarcasm here!!! Maybe it’s the stress I’ve been going through my life that helped me with my asthma…

@Callmecrazy, little knowledge ??? yes I’ve never read anything on therapeutic cannabis, still no sarcasm !!! I know more than you seem to think… I knew that it stays longer than 2 hours, I was just asking how much time YOU heard it stays, some say 1-2 weeks or 1 months for side effects other 2 days, probably depends on how much you have, but as I said, therapeutic cannabis is amazingly different from street cannabis, thc level, cbd levels, cbg levels, nutrients, strain type, yield timing, drying and curing time are important for different type of health problems and wanted effects.

Please stop believing I’m a totally ignorant nobody!!! I’ve worked (as an internship) at the CHUM (Montreal hospital) in fundamental research with the functionnal MRI group for 8 months, they where doing research on different patient to help them with their diseases they did used therapeutic cannabis… I’ve not directly worked with those patient since I was working on a electrical module to help patient taking fMRI test… Was a module to help stimulate the somatosensory response on fingers, hand, feet, face… The main point of this topic was to see how people reacted to the term medical marijuanna and point out that most of the mass belief where actually false… The more I read about other post, the more I want to go in that study field, so I just find it funny when people tells me I know nothing about this!!!

REPORT ABUSE

turbo

wow.

According to cart, it sounds like getting high is going to be the cure to all life’s illnesses!!

And for the record I never said (or believed) you were “a totally ignorant nobody” — I simply said that having your head in a cloud of blue smoke all the time has affected your thinking.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do you get high when you take ritalin or many other type of ADHD medication??? Still this is amphetamines on a controled level, but speed and extasy are also amphetamines, does it make all people taking medication junkie???

What I’m saying is not that cannabis can cure all life’s illnesses, you’ve done a great job generalizing though!!! What I’m stating is that cannabis does help in therapeutic way a lot of diseases.

Here’s something taken from the Compassion Club of Montreal website http://www.clubcompassion.org/conditions_eng_ccm.htm , those are the condition that lead to legal cannabis smoking in Quebec, I’d guess Canada too :

– AIDS/HIV : Improves appetite and relieves nausea.

– ADHD : Calms and encourages focus.

– Arthritis : Used as an anti-inflammatory and to help reduce pain.

– Brain/Head Injury : Relief from chronic pain and headaches. Increases focus, concentration, and mobility. Decreases neuralgia.

– Cancer : Pain relief, increased appetite, decreased nausea, sleep aid.

– Colitis : Alleviates pain, spasms and diarrhea.

– Chemotherapy : Helps to reduce or relieve nausea and vomiting.

– Crohn’s Disease : Alleviates pain, spasm and diarrhea.

– Epilepsy : Reduces seizure frequency.

– Fibromyalgia : Pain relief.

– Glaucoma : Reduces intra-ocular pressure.

– Hepatitis C : Decreases fatigue, nausea, and chronic pain in muscles and joints. Increases appetite.

– Irritable Bowel Syndrome : Increases appetite, aids in digestion, relieves diarrhea, and decreases bowel spasms.

– Migraines : Relieves migraines.

– Multiple Sclerosis : Reduces spasticity, pain, fatigue, bladder problems and depression.

– Muscular Dystrophy : Relieves muscle spasms and pain. Improves mobility and appetite. Aids in sleep.

– Nausea : Highly effective in relieving nausea.

– Chronic Pain : Reduces pain.

– Paraplegia/Quadriplegia : Relieves muscle spasms and neuralgia.

– Parkinson’s Disease : Reduces tremors, spasms, and pain. Increases mobility and appetite.

– Radiation Therapy : Relieves nausea and vomiting. Increases appetite and energizes.

– Seizure Disorders : Reduces seizure frequency.

– Sleep Disorders : Sleep aid.

– Addiction/Withdrawal : Decreases cravings, reduces withdrawal symptoms and relapse potential.

Patient might often need other kind of medications, but cannabis is much help for patient impairements.

I think you where raised in a way that state that cannabis is a bad thing, the prohibition in the 1890’s stoped the research with cannabis, and gave a really bad name for marijuanna. They only recover a social acceptance around the 1970’s. And research around this topic is explosing around the 1990’s… They’re still a lot of misconception about this.

Another thing, when you search for cannabis research chronology or timeline, you can see that human did use cannabis for medication purpose since 2727BC. It was actually mentionned in the first medical text (pharmacopoeia). Also, China did import/export of hashich until the 1930’s… It was legal since 1500BC. It was used in medication in the USA around the year 1840. It is one of the oldest drug used for medication purpose. I do believe that cannabis was prohibited only for political reason.

Does cannabis affect my reading? Or is it medicine researcher’s mass hysteria?

REPORT ABUSE

turbo

Well– I have to say that the pot smoking club of montreal isn’t exactly what you’d call a scientific, medical (or even credible) authority on this issue.

My favourite part is when he listed smoking pot as a cure for Drug addiction. Now that right there is funny!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

i think that while weed does certainly have some effects that could be deemed constructive, as has been said, its a complex drug that works in myriad different ways- depending on strain and quality of whatever the dealer has, what its been adulterated with, the individuals genetic wiring, dosing, pattern of useage, environmental factors, etc.

ok great- you feel that its working for you. but you’re still effectively self-medicating, and however well you think you’re managing weed, if you’re medicated, you’re not in the best position to be objective or make the most accurate judgments about the effect its having on you- and because you’re -i assume- not in a lab, nor in a position to extract and accurately meter exact doses of THC, and use them at precise intervals, that effect isn’t going to be consistant.

THC can definately slow down a racing mind, it can make thoughts seem sharper, clearer, more profound. it can help you wind down and get to sleep, increase your pain threshold, make you feel more socially adept and comfortable, and so on. but, at the same time, it can impair judgement, its not exactly ideal for those who are genetically or otherwise predisposed to mental health challenges- as it can increase paranoia, and quadruples the risk of schizophrenia and psychosis developing in early adulthood when used by teens, it can make some types of impulsivity worse, screw completely with your decision making ability, and the cumulative effect of repeated use combined with the fact that its fat soluble, means the contents of every joint sits around in your system for quite possibly months after inhalation.

its also worth factoring in that cannabis contains many of the same carcinogens as tobacco, and the way its typically smoked (no filter, with tobacco, deep inhalation held for as long as possible) means you’re getting a lot of nasty carcinogenic crap in your lungs… and cancer sucks big time.

i’m not saying this as someone looking in from the sidelines, i used a lot of cannabis in my late teens- various strains, prepared in different ways, in different amounts – the first joint i ever smoked was packed with white widow, and enjoyed in the grasshopper cafe in amsterdam- i wasn’t just doing bottle bongs of nasty soapbar behind a brick wall behind my college (i did that too, mind you!).

my opinion is that for every plus with weed there is a minus, and for everyone who has smoked it for 30 years and is ‘fine’- healthy, well adjusted, holds down a job, is part of a happy family with a satisfied wife and 2.4 kids, has a rich social life, uses recreationally on a weekend but can take it or leave it, etc, there is a morbidly obese, paranoid, long-term unemployed, ex-convict, unwashed, burn-hole nd stain covered shirt wearing, desperately in need of a haircut man in his mid 30’s living in his parents basement on twinkies and cheezies, collecting welfare, sleeping all day, and playing ps3 all night with his loser mates.

the benefits from weed were great while they lasted for me, but long term it really didn’t work out as perfectly as i thought it would- or was. it took me quite a while to actually really see when things were sliding downhill, let alone get my head together enough to accept it- cos that fluffy blanket weed that wraps around your mind is pretty damned cosy and comfortable. it didn’t work out too awesomely for many of my friends and aquaintances either, several of whom can still be found toking on a joint exactly where they hung out 15 years ago when we were kids… only now they’re mentally not any further on than they were then, they’ve got criminal records and zero job prospects, and they’re pretty much total write-offs- they’ll loudly sing the medicinal praises of weed if you ask them about it though- not that its convincing when you look at them.

if i was gonna use weed medicinally, i’d get a THC or other cannabis derivative prescribed in a spray or tablet format by a doctor, and use it under his care- with regular checkups. just like if i was gonna use medicinal speed, i’d be smarter to get a script for that than to buy a wrap off the street from whoknowswho, rub base into my gums, and get crippling gutrot and some unfortunate free dental work for my troubles. if i couldn’t do that- i wouldn’t do it.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

There are differences between strains. Some are helpful but buying a bag from the guy with the connections does not equal good meds. I am pro choice here and I believe you have a firm grasp of one side of the equation; however that doesn’t make you an expert. Sativa strains are more likely to help me focus, but I get too giddy to be useful. Indica strains are great for bed time or when you are stressed to the limit, but what ferts are in there? What hormones were introduced to feminize the seeds? How much is enough? Self medication isn’t a healthy way to work through issues that may or may not require chemical intervention. Have you had a DNA test done to verify that your DRD4 gene is in fact in the target zone, or carries the other 119 genes that complement DRD4 and the repeating pair? Just curious?

“its also worth factoring in that cannabis contains many of the same carcinogens as tobacco, and the way its typically smoked (no filter, with tobacco, deep inhalation held for as long as possible) means you’re getting a lot of nasty carcinogenic crap in your lungs… and cancer sucks big time.”

This is a false beleif that bears further education. Nicotine and the radio active ferts used on tobacco make cigs a health risk. This has been documented by studies funded by the US Government. Too much information is misinformation. Cannabis Sativa does have medical benefits, but you can expect to buy that from the neighbourhood pot dealer.

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

back once again , having smoked in my youth i can tell you dose controll is not possably . the fact that you feel it works is all part of getting high,the justifacation that you are looking for. these are the same things that some one on any other uncontroled drug will say. so having said that is it that you are trying to justify smoking pot what are the real reason that you feel you need to defend your choise.

REPORT ABUSE

turbo

jeneticallymodified-

That was the single best post I have ever read here, and the best I remember coming across in any forum for -well- maybe ever.

Poignant, well structured, factual, and relatable to people on both “sides” of the issue. And written at midnight, yet! :-) (lol – I can relate – I do some of my best work at that hour as I suspect most ADDers do)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)