Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Medical marijuanna, what do you think about it?

Medical marijuanna, what do you think about it?2010-12-30T18:28:28+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Psychostimulants – General Medical marijuanna, what do you think about it?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

“This is a false beleif that bears further education. Nicotine and the radio active ferts used on tobacco make cigs a health risk. This has been documented by studies funded by the US Government. Too much information is misinformation. Cannabis Sativa does have medical benefits, but you can expect to buy that from the neighbourhood pot dealer. “

callmecrazy: i respect where you’re coming from, but i’m not putting all my faith in the US governments current standpoint- partially cos i’m from the UK and we have our own scientists and whatnot in Europe doing their own tests, who quite often come to somewhat different conclusions on occasion to the americans in general, the fda, and whoever else (as well as each other!), but also partially cos they don’t exactly have a perfect track record on getting these things right- not that they’re by any means the only ones in that respect. the jury is still out, and maybe will be for a long time.

anyway, smoking *anything* isn’t something i’m really prepared to do again -both as an ex-smoker who rather quite likes her current level of lung function, and as someone who has watched several people die rather unpleasantly from smoking related illnesses. the risk just isn’t worth it to me- even if i turn out to be wrong (which i’m quite prepared for- i’ve been wrong before on occasion!). lets agree to disagree here. :)

turbo: thanks! :D i do have my moments- and most of them are had after midnight…. or in the shower.

…………ok, now that just sounds wrong, hahaha. :P

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey everybody, you should watch this video for free online before you state all the myths about Medical Marijuana so quickly, cause there sure have been a lot of myths thrown out here so far:

http://www.documentarywire.com/the-business-behind-getting-high/

The video is quite informative, although I know some here will say it is definitely biased.

Check it out. Let me know what you think.

Re the smoking of pot by ADDers….I’m not sure where I stand. I have certainly self-medicated. It helps me do mundane tasks like, cleaning the garage, doing yard chores, focussing on art projects, photography, and guitar. It’s certainly not good for anything requiring a great deal of reading, thinking, or organizing, but that’s just for me as many others I know can do those things: They likely don’t have ADD. It might have a place but I’m uncertain as of yet.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

After reading your first post a lot of what you said was like reading my own life story, and i did not read all the replys, but the first one buy turbo bothered me, turbo your not him so you have no idea what its done for him. Its been proven that weed can do amazing things, and this is just more proof of it, and no my head isnt always surrounded by “blue smoke”? My heads preety clear right now and from a lot of what your saying you really have no first hand knowledge on weed, so dont tell him hes wrong. I have experienced a lot of what he said and can honestly say its true. With out weed i would ne no where in life do to anger problems and under thinking things at first, related to adhd. Marijuana saved me, im still in high school and when i started going to most classes high, it im proved my marks greatly, and i spent a lot less time in the office for anger issues.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Watch this report from NBC…a doctor advocating medicinal marijuana for children with ADHD/ADD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wTb9Qd0npY

also, watch the full documentary, “The Union” for more information….

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-union-the-business-behind-getting-high/

Enjoy….

REPORT ABUSE

willitlast777

ADHD is something that needs to be learned about and managed.  My boyfriend saw a behavioral therapist and he manages well in all aspects off his life.  After two failed marriages and bad past relationships, he has learned to manage his ADHD without being on medication.

He was smoking pot earlier this year, and hasn’t smoked it since as far as I know.

I have nothing against people who choose to smoke marijuana.  Smoking pot/drinking/using other drugs doesn’t get rid of your problems.  Stoned or sober, they are still there, and you will have to deal with them eventually.  Pot may alleviate symptoms, but it doesn’t solve the problem.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)