Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

medicare and medicaid

medicare and medicaid2011-04-10T18:19:03+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey folks it’s been a long time since I’ve been on here. Been busy. I have been hearing some disturbing news lately. I depend on medicare and medicaid because I’m on disability. The republicans and some democrats want to kill both programs. This is horrible. I’m scared. I don’t plan to be on disability forever. I’m trying to get back on the horse as a matter of fact but for now i really need those programs. i’m also pretty sure some of you do too. any thoughts? Miguel

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Miguel,

You need to talk to your congressman and local support groups. Patient advocacy is an important tool in the US.

Also look at your medication and find out who manufacturers it. The companies that have branded products have patient

assistance programs and can help

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I know this is rather late but thanks robert. that helps alot. Miguel

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

I’ve got medical/medicare myself. It’s not the greatest deal of cards but I’m workin with em.

Tonight I have my first ADHD support group. There is hope. I’ve got a death grip on that hope too.

Need to.

Hope is like faith. They both work seemingly like magic. I could use a little magic…

Never give up, never give in. That’s all I can think of Miguel

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Republicans are not trying to get rid of Medicare or Medicaid. I am a Canadian living in the US

(i can’t vote and when it comes to healthcare no one has a viable solution)

My concern is Obamacare. It will siphon off Medicare dollars and put in a form of socialized medicine

that will seriously limit the ability to access quality healthcare. The death panels are really treatment

guidelines that will enforce rationing of healthcare.

Seniors who depend on Medicare will find themselves with limited access to newer medications and will be

denied certain types of surgery due to age.

In terms of ADHD/ADD coverage Obamacare will make a bad situation worse.

Government needs to look at other options to changing healthcare that does not impact seniors and

the overall quality of healthcare

Miguel, Did you have any luck with pharmaceutical companies patient assistance programs?

REPORT ABUSE

foogol

Robert,

I disagree completely that Obama’s healthcare reform will socialize medicine. In fact, medicare and medicaid is socialized.. So are many more.. The fact that now seniors are denied certain medications and decent healthcare is evident we need reform. Some would suggest doing nothing is best. Similar reform had been introduced by Richard Nixon, but scrubbed.. Our greatest problem is helping those who have less then us, children, low income families who have no healthcare whatsoever or can’t afford a doctors visit … I believe Obama’s healthcare reform is a start for a better life for everyone- Foogol

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

foogool

While I agree that reform is needed for seniors and other groups. Obamacare imposes many restrictions and changes that weaken and lower the quality of healthcare overall.

I have experienced a true ‘socialized medicine’ system in Canada and many issues there are going to be replicated under

Obamacare. Medicare is ‘socialized’ in terms of funding but the actual delivery of health care services is through the private system.

What is also lost is the cost to the taxpayer. The costs of Obamacare have been grossly underestimated and the changes it imposes jeopardize not only quality of healhcare but will limit access to many types of care.

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

it is funny that our governments. Are looking for ways to save money when all they would have to do is send the money they spent on warning countries civil situation on their people first. It is not that I don’t believe in human rights. I just believe that the people will money is being spent should have that money spent on them first. I mean from the richest to the poorest. I do understand that there is great need all over the world for countries in need of intervention. I just don’t believe it should be at the cost of certain people living in countries that are asked to intercede or intervene.

REPORT ABUSE

foogol

Robert,

I respect your opinion in the matter of Healthcare reform, what you call ‘Obamacare’. I request proof; imposes restrictions, lowers/weakens quality of healthcare present/future. Medicare/Medicaid is socialized.

Republican’s/ bluedog Democrats want to privatize ‘medicare’ .

GOP plan to privatize medicare-

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wendell-potter/paul-ryans-medicare-priva_b_975816.html

House GOP considers privatizing medicare-

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/28/house-republicans-consider-privatizing-medicare/

Affording evidence tending to disprove the matter under discussion (Healthcare reform under Obama’s administration is a failure) would be greatly appreciated- Foogol

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

<<<The death panels are really treatment

guidelines that will enforce rationing of healthcare.

Seniors who depend on Medicare will find themselves with limited access to newer medications and will be

denied certain types of surgery due to age. >>>

“Death Panels” That’ got my attention. If I had time I would finish the two 1st drafts I’ve written for this thread. I have ranted and raved a lot already on this site, I’m gonna be late to a possible support group today…

You guy already know how I feel about our crap ass health care here in Ca. The disable and elders are DIEING!, I mean seriously, I live with all senior/disabled and I’ve lost some very close valuable friends through the “cracks” in out health care system. ADHD and the persistence. persevereance it has FORCED ME to develop is the second biggest reason I’m still alive. Don’t get me started!!!!!!! My long drawn out regrettable post on the last page of the ADD and religion thread is a pain in the neck to read, but it will help explain some of why I’m really freaking angry about them trying to rip the dignity away from my cold dead hands… (That’s the only way they’ll ever get my honor and dignity away from me) DEAD! Sorta like Charlton Heston (forgive my spelling pLz) and his big long shotgun.

“ANGER IS THE FUEL WE NEED TO DEFEND OUR HUMAN RIGHTS” –John Bradshaw–

I’m living that “another day” I’ve always been fighting for. My possible support group for today may be at 11:00, it might be at 1:00 I’ve been told two different dates by two different social workers, that’s after calling the first number, finding out it was wrong, getting another, it was wrong but that person gave a number of someone who “might” be able to help… That’s the person who said 11:00, the newest social worker (they treat me like a hot potato) drew me a map because I don’t drive much and get lost too dang easy, I miss street signs too much. Last night it took me almost an hour to get to the place I’ve been before that only takes me 20 minutes to get to. It was dark and I can see the street signs less, can’t see landmarks and refuse to get a GPS, my brain needs the exercise. It’s a good thing I dont have time to write everything racing in my dang head. My newest social worker says the group is at 1:00 but I’m gonna try to get there by 11:00 just in case the one I talked to on the phone was right.

All be bok.

I’ve got some serious anger and frustration eating up my insides. This crap ass world is falling apart all around us. Anyone been watching the WORLD news lately? ShheeeeeiiiTTT. The world has gone crazy, WE ARE THE SANE ONES…

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Read JFK’s “Profiles in Courage”

Most politicians just plain lie. They are professional liars. They all start out as lawyers! for crying out loud. WE’VE GOT LAWYERS running our countries. No wonder it’s a nightmare to be a citizen anywhere nowadays. Unless you make 250.000.00 a year or more that is.

Politics is CRAP, worse than religion.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

The amount of unadulterated crap being posted on this site this year is really a surprise.

There has been an upsurge in trolls, and an increase in opinion masquerading as fact and

incorrect information that seems to be posted by people who have read about ADHD somewhere

Information is being muddied by unsubstantiated opinions.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Well crap, I wonder if I’m one of those “trolls” I’ve been called worse. The fact is I may just be Stupid, Lazy, and Crazy.

And don’t belong here.

It’s also true that I take things too personally sometimes. Someone give me a better hint okay?

Lay it on the freaking line. Tell me the truth. Don’t beat around the bush.

I don’t feel like I fit in here. Maybe because I don’t. I don’t have access to the same level of health care as the a lot of the people who’s posts I’ve read, and studied. I’ve studied the heck out of ADHD and I still can’t honestly tell you if I think I actually have it. Denial? or not” will I ever know? Maybe I’ll get banned from this site for being just a little bit too crazy, and find out….

someday…

do I have a right to be here?

Go ahead, I’m not bulletproof, but I can take a punch.

Make my day

REPORT ABUSE

foogol

Robbo,

Thanks for the insight and your thoughts.. Much appreciated..

You have as much right as anyone else to share…

Thanks-Foogol

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I miss No-dop and Trash and find myself lost and muddled here a lot

and much of the time there is too little humor and too much that has nothing to do

with coping with the joy of being adhd in a country where healthcare is mostly smoke and mirrors

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)