Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Prioritize, Verbalize, and Get it done, but Failing.

Prioritize, Verbalize, and Get it done, but Failing.2013-06-17T15:47:57+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Prioritize, Verbalize, and Get it done, but Failing.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 46 post (of 46 total)
  • Author

Evelyn
    Participant

@blackdog

I still do hemming by hand. I may use a sewing machine but I never said I get straight seams out of it. Oh I have tried. I prefer the blind hem that just shows a little nic of thread if you look really close. Never could do like my mother, beautiful seams and hems, my grandmother was even better than her. There’s gene-pool dilution for you.

Yes, the match debate. I think I should devise one of those “in case of emergency break glass” novelty things and call it the emergency clutter control device. With a 3 step instruction diagram; 1) Open, 2) Strike, and 3) Throw. oops! four steps, 4) Run.

Seriously, I did whittle my sewing down to just a few projects, that I had accumulated in the last year or so. I am trying to make this house reflect my taste, Eclectic, Art Nouveau with a celtic twist. Mostly paint.

Everything in here was wood, wood, wood I’m so tired of wood I don’t even want toothpicks. But I do love nature and appreciate wood’s beauty, I just don’t want to see it on my walls anymore. I am painting them a room at a time. My office is going to be a light blue called “Cloud Nine” and the big bedroom is going to be a medium-light purple called “Purple Dragon” Both are by Olympic Icon. I haven’t decided on the kitchen yet but I’m pretty sure the laundry room is going to be yellow with orange and red accents, I want it to represent fire but I don’t want the walls red or orange, too dark.

I have a long way to go, and I have much more pressing issues to deal with. One of which is to get a job, thought I’d be working by now through MRS (Michigan Rehabilitation Services) but that hasn’t panned out yet. Trying for soc sec disability ’til I become a famous Author and don’t need them anymore.

I don’t know how I can look at my clutter and not be motivated to fix it, but that is the way it is right now and I will do it when I can. That is all I can tell people at the moment as I have spent the whole summer trying to rid myself of it and only managed to move half of it, I must have moved the wrong half or something.

I have scraped projects like your Christmas decorations, but I have never done paper mache, but I have made paper boxes, out of card stock. I had the big idea that I would sell them to jewelers till I realized how long it took to make each one. So now I have a bunch of patterns and fancy boxes all folded neatly in a box marked “Boxes” ironic. I can’t get rid of those yet, but I will some day.

Well I think I’ve babbled on long enough for one night, I hope you find a little joy in that sewing machine of yours, help make it all worth it.

Nice night for sleeping.

Evelyn

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 46 post (of 46 total)