Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Songs that inspire you

Songs that inspire you2011-01-27T07:51:31+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Other Songs that inspire you

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Shadow Nexus

When I watched “Star Trek – Enterprise”(TV), I thought the theme song was great. Later, I found it on Youtube(one min version). I saw another 4 min version listed. I listened to it and was blown away. This song is a must hear at least once. I listened to it everyday on youtube. I finally bought a copy from amazon as mp3. I listen to it 1-3 times a day. Great song for tough day or week. Grab a copy from amazon for yourself.

What other songs inspire you?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ahhhh! something I can talk about. I love music so much, I depend on it like O2. When I was a kid, i’d say i’d listen to anything but country, now a days i’ll listen to anything besides jazz fusion. Something about hearing notes not played that bothers me, anyways. this is something that everyone will have something different to say, I’d hate to just say there is one song, or one artist that does it for me. Lately (just aquired) i’ve been listening to a lot of the new Alkaline trio and Coheed & Cambria. There are so many artists out there now and sometimes with an ADHD brain I can feel overwhelmed by the selection, my best friend Steve has ADHD but a different collection of music so lately over the past 5 years or so have been trading music and stuff like that. It helps with that whole not wanting to get into something new but thats off topic. Ok rambling on as I do. Yay i’m gonna post it!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve always been a big fan of Rush, AKA Canada’s greatest rock band, and I think that just about every song they’ve put out qualifies as inspirational to me. I’m especially fond of Xanadu, Hemispheres, Natural Science, The Camera Eye, Subdivisions, Middletown Dreams, Emotion Detector, Tai Shan, Mission, The Pass, Bravado, and the list goes on and on. As a bass player Rush is great music to play because of its complexity. I feel I learn something new every time I play their music. Their songs uplift my spirit like nothing else.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

“Cold War” by Janelle Monae

Its such an amazing song, and at this time in my life is a motivation and shaping who I am. Look it up on youtube!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

hahahaha, you’re all gonna hate me.

i have to listen to dance music from the 90’s- like really early Prodigy stuff- like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQa1BsHpXlE and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Cn6iX4rYU (can we post urls here?- if not, maybe do a youtube search for ‘hyperspeed g force part 2’, and ‘fire sunrise version’ ).

or something cheesier if i need a proper fix like (oh the shame, the shame) scooter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8m6IbItrgk or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPvsHo4NPNo (‘how much is the fish’ and ‘move your ass’).

damn, i can’t beleive i’m sharing this. argh….. *blushes*.

i force myself to dance and mime along exageratedly in the mirror and bounce about like a terribly unco-ordinated nutter, when i need a lift. its really hard to do anything but feel energised, slightly sheepish, and laugh your arse off after that- definately impossible to take anything too seriously.

for vacuuming and other dreadful housework and paperwork chores, i use crystal method and older rob zombie stuff to get me through it. if it hasn’t got enough bass and speed and variation in the music, i can’t listen, i just get miserable and fall asleep, or wander off in search of other stimulation.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

hahaha thats awesome! Yeah I too love Prodigy! I LOVE music that just gets you going! Makes me very hyper and happy and then im bouncing all over the place while my husband is trying to settle me down and tells me to back up when im in his face all happy hahaha I LOVE to clean my house with awesome fast paced music! What im doing now, and browsing here!

Pendulum is AWESOME. They’re songs “fasten your seatbelt” “Painkillers” are great too!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

oooh- pendulum! are you british?

yeah, i drive my bf nuts the same way. he laughs and rolls his eyes and tells me i’m cute, and then asks me how much soda i drank, and sends me to go play in my room when he’s had enough. :P

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jen!

Your man is a luck guy! you are a riot like I said before you really are a Gem! I like your choice of music..

K

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anonymous
    Inactive

Imagine by Jon Lenon

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Carrie,

I just listen to “Cold War” by Janelle Monae on YouTube it is powerful

Miguel,

You are right “Imagine” by John Lennon is also a very powerful song that often motivates me.

Hey Jen! what’s wrong with 90’s style dance music I would say you have “good taste!”

I really feel fortunatelly blessed! to be in communication with such a awesome group of people who are all inspiring

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

kazuo- the music is pretty much ok. the idea that i might be perceived as a white boiler suit wearing, glow rod waving, dummy sucking nutter who runs around yelling “whoop whoop! big up the whistle crew massive!!!”… not so much, hehehe.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jen,

Very funny! That sums up the 90’s alright!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Pet Shop Boys! Anybody remember “Left To My Own Devices”? – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IfIh4CMCYI&feature=related

This one never fails to lift my mood!

Tranquility Bass – Cantamilla – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QwZwzbyMug

Just groovy!

Badenya – Boroto – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BraWuTT2cm4

I dare you to keep still when you listen to this one.

You might say I have wildly varied taste in music, but they all have one thing in common. They make me want to dance and that’s a good thing. Because dancing make me feel good!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Barbi,

How did you come across those gems??? They are as diverse as they are great especially the African music!

K

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)