Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Songs that inspire you

Songs that inspire you2011-01-27T07:51:31+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Other Songs that inspire you

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

shutterbug55
    Participant

I don’t know about inspirational, but I did a multimedia presentation on sunken wrecks in the Puget Sound, using this music as a back drop. Deep Sea Orchestra

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

Firework by Kerry Perry

Just A little Girl by Amy Studt (My theme song at the age of 11, or around there)

One Girl Revolution by Superchic (Theme song 7th and 8th grade) I would sing this when I got bullied at the beginning of school. It freaked them out to stop whatever they were doing, which was mostly screaming, “You got Lauren germs, or fag.” This song also helped me doing things I would never think of doing, like trying out to in the talent show, and made it, hanging out this one girl I hung out only at the youth center, and I thought I could do anything while singing this song. This song gave me confidence to be myself, and the fact it was okay to be different.

Gold Lion by Yeahs yeah yeahs (I just like this song and it is okay to lose control)

The city is at war by Cobra starship (I always want pie)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

In order…

Prodigy :-)

Battleflag – Lo Fidelity AllStars

Sabatage – Beasties

Comfort Eagle – Cake

Trip Like I Do (Filter & Crystal Method) —> mashed an edit together here –> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWEfsrHzhz8

Its all about the “H” ;-)

REPORT ABUSE

Shadow Nexus

WHAM! – “Wake me up before you go go”. It always puts me in good mood and gives me a big grin.

Meredith Brooks – “Bitch”. It’s just plain fun.

Whitesnake – “here i go again”. It’s inspiring.

REPORT ABUSE

walkwithfarmgirl

I’m with you Filmbuff1984–after years of my daughter loving WHAM music–I’ve learned to really appreciate Wake me up before you go go– It makes me so happy!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

i’m assuming Frankie is still saying Relax :-)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

High energy, stuff you hear at raves, death metal etc. It just has to be loud and alive. I know I’m 49.. it’s not the change of life, it’s just me. I’ve all ways liked this kind of stuff, yup even disco. My neighbor likes Frank Sinatra….. and he’s the same age as me. Poor guy.

REPORT ABUSE

Shadow Nexus

I’m always loved metal. “Welcome to the jungle”, G&R Nothing like metal music to get that creative spirit.

Speaking of “relax”, I’ll add this one:

“I touch myself”, Divinyls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-34w8kGPM ROFL

Laura Branigan did some really funny songs: “Take me”, “reverse psychology”. :)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was never a GNR fan. This, I would consider to be kind of lite.

You might think it is a little out of control but I don’t think so. Also I never could understand people going on about how it’s satanic music etc… oh please.

I know it sounds like I’m exaggerating but I feel I have no reason to lie or hide anything. I’m here to learn and hopefully make my life better. I see a lot of things much better now then I did before. I know it sounds corny, but it’s true.

I noticed that I have a few to many favorites in Youtube. I had over 800 ( I have deleted some ). When you have favorites for “how to boil and egg” it kind of tells you something.

John

REPORT ABUSE

Gary

Celtic harp & dulcimer music (Joemy Wilson, Turlugh O’Caralan, John McCutcheon) as it calms my head, allowing me to focus, yet tickles the senses enough to stay engaged.

Celtic drinking music, as it goes as fast as my head wants to go (Gaelic Storm rocks!)

A Capella choral music (Chanticleer) for those times I need trance-like hyperfocus

Anime- because it’s fun

The folk songs of John Denver (with no apologies), John McCutcheon, Pete Seeger and Fed Small to remind me of those things I feel are timelessly important.

World music (African & Afro-celt, Chinese, Japanese, native American, Andean, Latin, among others) to appreciate that music is one of the true global languages.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Suburbs by Arcade Fire. The whole album.

Also, The Ghost Inside by Broken Bells.

And anything by Metallica or The Cult.

REPORT ABUSE

Shadow Nexus

Shania Twain – Man! I Feel Like A Woman

On youtube, this song gives me a grin and makes me want to dance.

REPORT ABUSE

Techdog

Louis Armstrong,Funk,Amy Winehouse,or just sitting in the dark with chanting music.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree on Where my heart will take me, the Enterprise song. Still gives me chills.

I have, um, eclectic musical tastes:

How ya like me now. – The Heavy

Scotland the Brave. – on bagpipes

Brown Eyed Handsome Man – Check Berry

All Along the Watchtower – Hendrix

Solsbury Hill – Peter Gabriel

Shattered – OAR

Beer for My Horses – Toby Keith

Numb – Linkin Park

Mekong – Refreshments

Another great song, but more wistful than inspiring is The Parting Glass by the High Kings. I discovered it through Steve Martin of all people. He listed his favorite tracks, and now it’s mine. I have a new found respect for him.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

DevilDriver “Swinging the Dead” or “Hangman’s Noose” gets me pumped for intense workout sessions with or without clients, and I like to listen to some trance techno if I’m working at my desk for my day job.

I feel the difference in melodies sets the mood for the job I’m about to do, whether it be physically straining, or mentally. It helps if I have a little white noise when I’m trying to go to sleep, too. My brain gets real noisy at night.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)