Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Toronto Get-Together?

Toronto Get-Together?2010-09-27T17:24:44+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Toronto Get-Together?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just wanted to know if anyone in the GTA was interested in getting a group together just to sit around and shoot the breeze?

I know there are self-help groups here in Toronto, but I was more interested in just yakking it up, no specific agenda.

Something casual in a coffee house, restaurant, or anywhere interesting perhaps.

Any ideas?

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

I’m up for that. I would imagine the greater concentration of Toronto folk live in or near the downtown area (though I live on North York) so maybe a somewhat central or downtown place would be ideal. Maybe on a weeknight, to avoid crowds?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Downtown would be super…many interesting places and things!

I’m in the west end and was thinking somewhere TTC friendly just to avoid the whole driving and parking hassle.

A weeknight would be good…!

: )

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any other GTA’ers out there?????

REPORT ABUSE

gracious

I would love to…..I’m in a little tiny rural town about 2 hours east of Toronto……but I would drive there. Of course, I would need my hubby to drive therefore he would have to join us. ;) I can’t handle the chaotic-ness of the city….especially downtown.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

@gracious, you wouldn’t have to get a drive all the way. You could just hop on the VIA, or get your hubby to drive you as far as Oshawa, and then you could take the GO Train to Toronto.

REPORT ABUSE

crystalsphinx
    Participant

Sure, I would be all for it too! Just somewhere to sit around and talk. I live mid town toronto , and its not hard for me to get around the city. Sounds like a great idea.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yay!

Who else is in Toronto??

Calling all GTA’ers!

I’m thinking maybe before it gets too late into November when we all get busy with the Xmas thing? Any other ideas?

Any $4.00 Martini night places to go? The Circus? Tapas? McDonald’s???

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

I find that most bars are quite noisy, so they’re not the best if you want to have a conversation, especially a conversation with multiple people. How about a small, fairly quiet cafe or coffee shop? There’s a lovely little place called Wish, on Charles St. E. (near Yonge & Bloor). Or, we could go to a Second Cup or Timothy’s.

Or, if we want to join an existing group, I discovered an ADHD group on MeetUp, that meets every other Monday, in the CAMH building on Russell St. (College & Spadina area).

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

That group you mentioned is excellent Larynxa. I’m in it as well (though I’ve only attended one sessions so far). Unfortunately, just for gabbing purposes, it might not fill our needs for this one. I like your idea of the fairly quiet cafe on Charles St. E. though!

Oh you know what? If we want alcohol – there’s a new place that I *love* – and it wasn’t noisy at all. It’s in the new Bell Lightbox theatre, and it’s called The Blackberry Lounge. And there is scads of seating space there. Plus we can get finger foods if we want, too.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

**zip**

Finger Foods?

I’m in! Where is The Blackberry Lounge??

I also attended a Monday meeting and it was very informative.

I was just looking for an unstructured kinda free-range ADHD gab session….you know we start out talking about the weather and end up driving to Florida.. Maybe some of those guys could come out and gab, too! (more folks to kick in for gas money to the States..)

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

Sorry – I sort of got distracted MerryMac. (Wow. Feels so weird saying that here, even though it’s true)

The Blackberry Lounge is located in the new Bell Lightbox Theatre – which is in the entertainment district. At the corner of King St. W. and John St.

Funny that you mentioned the Monday meeting. I just went to one too – it was held at CAMH, and it was a week ago.

Hope we can all get together and do this!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey no worries!

It would be cool to do it before the snow flies!

Would any of the folks from that meetup group like to come?

I went to the CAMH meeting in the late summer this year with a friend just so he could check it out.

I hadn’t been to one in many years..I had attended one where Dr. Jain did a lecture..there were at least 100 of us in the lecture hall.

Just being surrounded by people who are just like you, but in different degrees (for lack of a better term) was the biggest eye-opener for me.

I had a man sitting next to me who behaved exactly like me, but a bit more extreme. It enabled me to see how I look to the regular folks and to modify my behavior accordingly.

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

I really don’t know about the meetup group. I would imagine a few of them might like to come – sort of an extension of what they (we) do there on occasion anyway, but without a necessarily deliberate focus on ADD. Tell you what: I’m hopiing to go to the next meeting (I believe it’s this coming Monday). I can maybe mention it there.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Your call or we can keep it small!

no worries!

: )

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)