Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Toronto Get-Together?

Toronto Get-Together?2010-09-27T17:24:44+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Toronto Get-Together?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does anyone on the sight live in Halifax Nova Scotia or near Chester Nova Scotia it would be nice to get together with other people. I just met someone with ADHD and with both have cognative problems. I find that people that don’t have ADHD find it hard to be around me. It can become very lonley I have found I keep people at bay because of my speech problems. Does any one here have a speech problem or proccessing problem ? I hear the words but can’t seem to pronounce them. I’m getting checked out at the hearing clinic to see if I Cap. But I’m heading to Toronto in the summer it would be great to meet up with everyone living in the area. Clamdigger

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would love to get together with everyone. I no longer live in the GTA but I would make a special trip just to meet all of you! Just name the place and I’ll be there. : )

REPORT ABUSE

Ivriniel
    Participant

Nevermind. Didn’t read the whole thread before commenting. :)

Depending on when it is, I’d be interested in going.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Interesting thread.

I work pretty much down the street from the Bell Lightbox building. The BlackBerry Lounge is indeed a great spot. Pretty spacious too.

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

Hey everyone!

MerryMac – I went to the Toronto Adult ADD Support Group and put out the question about your proposed get-together and there is definite interest from the organizers. I’m going to put out the invitation to all of them at the next meeting which happens on the 22nd of this month.

So….maybe we should now go ahead and pick a date for this. What do you think? I’m guessing a week night would be best (so that we can avoid the usual weekend crowds at the Blackberry Lounge).

Here are the proposed details:

Date: November 29 (Tuesday)

Time: 7:00 p.m. until whenever

Venue: Blackberry Lounge at the Bell Lightbox (350 King St. West, corner of John and King St.)

Here’s a page that shows several pictures of the place. http://urbantoronto.ca/content.php?1123-tiff-Bell-Lightbox-Eateries-Finish-Off-The-Show

So…ADDers of Toronto. What do you think? Are you in? Does the date and time work for you? MerryMac?

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

November 29th is a Monday.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello wolfshades!

Thanks and congratulations for rounding more of us up..probably like hearding cats, I imagine!

: ))

This is going to be very exciting! I certainly can make it on the Tuesday…the date that night is Tuesday Nov 30.. : )

I’m in!

Do we wear Xmas hats or anything to identlfy each other? All dress in ADHD T-Shirts?

(I’d personally like a beanie with a propeller on it)

yay!

This will be great!

thank so much, wolfshades, you are a great organizer1

(and how often do we hear that one??)

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

Whoops! Thanks for the clarification on the date. I meant Tuesday the 30th for sure. :)

I will make a point of getting there by 6:45 or so and will be wearing my black ADHD t-shirt (looks like an AC/DC logo). I will also update my avatar here with my real picture.

Thanks for the kudos MerryMac!

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

OK then. Here are the updated (and corrected) details:

Date: November 30 (Tuesday)

Time: 7:00 p.m. until whenever

Venue: Blackberry Lounge at the Bell Lightbox (350 King St. West, corner of John and King St.)

Here’s a page that shows several pictures of the place. http://urbantoronto.ca/content.php?1123-tiff-Bell-Lightbox-Eateries-Finish-Off-The-Show

So glad you’re able to make it, MerryMac. Larynxa? Are you in? MLR? Crystalsphinx? Gracious? Anyone else going to be able to join us?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey All!

I’ll wear my AD/HD T-Shirt as well and uh…

this is my real picture..not an avatar!

: ))

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

UPDATE: it looks as though the Blackberry Lounge has been booked. We didn’t have any solid numbers so couldn’t book it ourselves, so now it’s gone. :( Sorry about that!

I’m scurrying around, trying to find another place for us to meet. Two come to mind: 1) Panorama restaurant at Bay and Bloor; 2) Hernando’s Hideway on Yonge near Wellesley. I’m open to suggestions……

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Won’t leave you hanging, wolfshades.

I’ll put on my thinking beanie..(with propeller)

We can maybe ask people tonight if they have any suggestions?

REPORT ABUSE

wolfshades

Definitely a good idea, MerryMac. I’ve also asked for suggestions on the meetup.com ADHD site.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice meeting you last night, wolfshades!

It was a bit embarassing to have someone else in the room wearing the same thing!

: )

*laughing*

I’m getting a T-shirt for a friend of mine for Xmas…he is just figuring out that maybe..just maybe..it’s OK to be ADHD..there are more of us out there than anyone thinks! We’re in the club!

I actually have a couple of friends who forbid me to meantion that I have it..apparently I sneak it into conversations constantly when I don’t even realize it…kinda like bragging..!

(Well, we do all rock….the most interesting folks I’ve ever known!)

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

Yeah, a lot of people now seem to have ADHD t-shirts. They’re becoming rather commonplace, and I like things that are different.

Somebody on the Totally ADD Facebook group made an ADHD bra. I wonder what would happen if I showed up wearing one of those.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)