Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

What truly inane activities do you waste time on?

What truly inane activities do you waste time on?2011-08-25T07:15:04+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Is It Just Me? What truly inane activities do you waste time on?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

yay lots of responses!!! way too tired to reply individually.. oh and I should be changing out work clothes and getting for my friend to hang out…but..i’m not………. he’ll come over and have to wait??? …………….grumble…….

i make schedules too…but when I’m in ‘that’ mood, i just scoff at it and don’t care just long enough to not get it done! every (&*_(# time.. like when trying to go to bed.. every O*)_#@ night…ALL OF THEM.. EVERY SINGLE NIGHT OF MY LIFE… lol…

bild-what’s been going on in your life in the last few months. i remember you were talking about a work situation in which you decided to fight.. super stressful.

you guys totally get my frustration with myself =) none of that…well, stop doing that and go to bed. >_<.

lakelly, what’s going on? how do you usually recover from those slippery periods? self-medicating just leads to more self-medicating related to the stress of self-medicating and the problem which remains unsolved =(. must nip it in the bud!!!!!

…..need to get ready for friend..but still have 10 internet tabs to read. lol. i actually finished my BBC news for the evening lol. however, i’ll probably end up vegetating in the bathroom attempting to go to bed before 3am, reading CNN on my mobile. i keep telling myself to stop. I even set a kitchen timer.. then blatantly ignore it as it goes off.. like I’m desensitizing.

I got to bed at a decent time last night however….earliest time ever since maybe april? I took my med way too late in the day because I stayed up all night the night before on BBC. was watching this documentary about the slums in the Philippines. and some stuff I cannot remember. got into bed at 11pm thanks to the meds still being in my system.. slept like crap though! but maybe that was because I woke up at 1:30pm that day? maybe just bad to try and sleep on stimulants? arg!

ok………ignore the tabs……they call out………………………….. ….

….

………

…………..

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

im all ready now and my friend is not here! and im bored.

random time.

forgetful things i did today.. tmi but women here will get it.. forgot about my tampon..eeeps. that must must happen to other women here.

i mistook my allegra allergy pill for my dextroamphetamine.. which i use as an end of the day booster. so yeah morning vyvanse plus the dex together. i considered force vomiting it. i told my coworkers i was feeling sick just to be able to prepare for me going home to be by myself as my heart exploded. what actually happened? i was superfocused lol. however not amused at the increased heart rate. i will never put those two in the same bring to work container ever again! glad nothing bad happened.

oh i managed to lose two pairs of pants! but rediscovered one pair. found one pair. still searching for the second.

time to call said friend. im tired and want to go to bed before three am. yeah……

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

Been-there-done-that with the tampons! :)

Glad your med mix-up didn’t turn out to cause major problems. I’ll bet the increased heart rate was at least partly from fear! :)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@powcat

The timer I use is called a Klip Vibe!- I like it because I can clip it to my belt to take around with me, but it’s got a loud beep so I can hear it from another room. It’s got several countdown timers and a stopwatch function as well as a clock. If you do a google search you should be able to find it online near you. I bought mine from an online store in Canada.

I got the worksheets for free (downloads) from David Seah’s website – the main one I use is the Emergent Task Timer. I still can’t plan my day in order to take advantage of his other worksheets, but the task timer and Klip timer work together to keep me on task and let me know what I accomplished for the day. Here’s the link to the Task Timer worksheet page on David’s website: http://davidseah.com/blog/node/the-emergent-task-timer/

I would also suggest reading David’s blog on his daily workprocess – you might find something that resonates with you there (I did!) http://davidseah.com/blog/2011/08/daves-daily-work-process-v2/

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Inane wastes of time? That would be spending about 5 hours googling in my search for the ‘ultimate’ blackberry app that would get me better organized so I that I could accomplish more work and still have free time left at the end of my day. Then discovering that this organizational device called a BB would do me no good if I was going to be leaving it in other people’s cars…..and they were going to be gone for 5 days.

5 days with no BB. After 4 or 5 hours of app searching I found nary an app to sove that problem?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

quizzical..yes..my panic was at its worst..right after I swallowed and it improved as i moved on with my day lol.

no dopamine…….your advice for timers and keeping track of your time are such good ideas….sooooo much willpower to implement. I read that blog, but honestly, i forget everything I read, so I’ll have to take another look at it >_<.

I think I spent like 12hr (in 3 pieces i think) <probably more =(>looking up stuff about my droid..before buying it and finding apps. I haven’t left it anywhere because I’m obsessed with it. lol

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi sugargremlin,

The timer and time tracking are by the wayside this week – I went off the meds a week ago because I have a sleep study consultation next week and I needed to get back to my non-medicated normal state of poor sleep, lack of impulse control, etc so I can be realistic about what’s going on.

I’ve been staying up way too late (my usual pattern), waking up during the night, getting up late, feeling groggy when I do, cruising on the internet in the morning, and in general getting to work about an hour and a half later than usual, and then not getting to “real” work at work until the afternoon (I work for myself, good thing or I’d have been fired long ago). And I do what I feel like doing rather than what I should be doing (meaning I get waylaid by “great ideas” and start planning and researching worthless ideas). By 7 at night I am yawning but still can’t fall asleep when I do go to bed. I also surf in the evenings to try to stay awake. That’s still dangerous because it usually leads to more “great ideas” or leads me way down the garden path on any of my previous “great ideas”.

I just can’t bring myself to track that lack of effort and discipline, but at least now I know there’s a reason for it.

I also have a 25 page questionnaire to turn in for the sleep consultation too, it seems very daunting at the moment. The instructions say to fill it out at one sitting but that’s nearly impossible – I always seem to come up against one question or another that stops me in my tracks because I don’t know how to answer it.

REPORT ABUSE

powcat

thank you for the links, I will check them out!! my sleep/awake/energy cycle goes exactly like you described, ND – before I started on Concerta. I struggled with that for 8 years; anti-depressants didn’t help either. so now I’m on anti-depressants and stimulants and it seems to be going okay. timers though! yes. timers make my life happen. :) cheers everybody. enjoy your long weekend.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Powcat, I used to be on low-dose amitryptyline after my first sleep study years ago (no diagnosis, but I pleaded for something to help). I don’t want to go back to that med. I have extreme itching problems as a result of taking it and now I have to take prescription Reactine.

Laundry is calling – it’s the weekend and cheaper rates!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

not having meds is really annoying because you become used to being able to get stuff done. that is totally my sleep pattern too. i made a sleep excel graph today. im so desperate to fix this. spent way too long remembering how to use excel. i notice that i stil hyperfocus on the meds. i just concentrate better at the hyperfocus. oh well.

as i type this it is 3 am and i ignored my bathroom timer 5 min ago lol. at least i have an excuse this time. i went out and danced!!! woot. now need to wind down…………i wore sequins!!!! eeeeeeee ok lol really really need to wind down

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

sugargremline: yes, it’s a bummer without meds. I have totally wasted mornings (and evenings) this week, slept in past the alarm (I hit the stop button rather than the snooze button) but could still have slept more. Back to chasing crazy ideas and wasting time on the internet. I read the most useless articles on the online newspaper I read simply because I needed my mind to be active to wake up and there was nothing else new or interesting to read. How pathetic is that?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

yeah.. but a pathetic activity that i do as well on a regular basis =P. thus, the inspiration for this post…. good you are getting a sleep study. that will be worth it just to have. and well, you’ve probably bee doing these annoying activities your whole life so another of it wont hurt you; it will just be annoying!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s my second sleep study, the first was 20 years ago and inconclusive. Well, nobody was looking at ADD at that time, just narcolepsy, and I didn’t fit the symptoms. Hopefully this one will be more conclusive. Thanks!

REPORT ABUSE

powcat

none of you are pathetic, guys, be nice to yourselves. we just have to work harder, unfortunately, at things that may be really simple for others. but being kind to ourselves is one of the biggest favours we can do for ourselves. and I don’t mean letting yourself waste time, but just be nicer to yourself when it does happen.

something I’ve been trying recently is picturing a ‘good mom’. what would a good mom say? how would she take care of me? or what would I say to a good friend in this same situation? I say ‘good’ mom because I want to treat myself better/kinder/with more structure than my real mother did!

PS: SUGAR GREM: High-five for sequins!! I’m going to dye my hair crazy colours tonight; cliche for post-breakup, but I’m not going to care.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

keep us updated no dopamine. im tempted to get one as well. i can only sleep in15 intervals with sleep meds. ive been taking ambien for 4 years every single day. always had trouble sleeping but needed daily sleep meds when sleep attacks started impairing my life and making driving really dangerous. i still can only drive for about 40 miles at a time due to beginning to nod off. with the meds does not happen but i suppose it is why meth used to be a truck driver epidemic. anyhow. i hope you get some answers!

powcat. nothing with that at all. coping mechanism yes but not a harmful one. i had a very painful breakup from a long term relationship and had to find myself again. i felt lke a half of a person and had slowly allowed many of my interests to fade away. so well.. you go girl! my best wishes for your healing!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)