Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Biphentin and Concerta

Biphentin and Concerta2010-09-06T15:52:36+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Psychostimulants – General Biphentin and Concerta

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

What’s the differences between Concerta and Biphentin? Not about the delivery system or other technological things but about the concrete effect, physical and psychological feelings, side effects, moment of the ”high”,…

Thanks

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Maybe I’m impatient but…. No one??

REPORT ABUSE

BuxomDiva
    Participant

what’s Biphentin? never heard of that – there are threads in this forum about problems with generic Concerta not being as good as the real thing which is problematic for anybody getting the drug through the Ontario Drug Benefit or Trillium programs as they only cover generics

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for answering. Threads about Generic Concerta will help me for some answers.

For your information, Biphentin is a methylphenidate drug too, but the mechanism of action is different, instead of being a ”pump” pushing the drug during the day (OROS mechanism), is multilayers beads that melt gradually during the day . And Biphentin is 40% first layer and 60% second layer and Concerta 22% first dose and 78% second and third dose.

REPORT ABUSE

Clive

I just started on Biphentin ,10mg i am finding that things are becoming more vivid and i am staying on task easier .

i am also walking 25km a week and getting back into weights, i think i will need a higher dose as i find that i am fading in the later part of the day.

I am actually sleeping better ,bad sleep habits is actually one of the side affects.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Long-Acting Medication Comparison Profiles for CANADA

Biphentin®

Concerta®

Active Ingredient

Methylphenidate HCl —-Methylphenidate HCl

Canadian Indication– All age groups

All age groups

Technology

MLR

OROS

Duration of Effect —

10-12 hours

10-12 hours

Delivery (IR/LA)

40/60

22/78

Sprinkled

Yes

No

Available doses

http://www.caddra.ca/cms4/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=96&Itemid=141&lang=en

REPORT ABUSE

BuxomDiva
    Participant

Could you please explain “sprinkled”? I think I understand the delivery numbers but that term has me completely flummoxed. Thanks.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

You open the pill and inside are smalls beads. So if you are a person who can’t swallow big pills you can put it on your food (but don’t bit it!!)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Exactly. Best put the sprinkles on apple sauce or yogurt and swallow whole.

REPORT ABUSE

Clive

Good for kids

REPORT ABUSE

Clive

Dr J ,

In your experience what is the average dosage , i am going through a very slow process of elimination , i am taking Biphentin .

Does body size have any bearing on dosage .

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kids are more rapidly metabolizing than adults so adults usually need much less per body weight. It would be usual for most adults to respond to doses somewhere between just 20-60 mg. I have very rarely ever seen an adult requiring higher doses than that. Start low, go slow and have a baseline with target outcome measure to monitor.

Always speak to your doctor before making any changes to medications. Dr. Jain provides advice generically and not for any one person. Advice does not constitute a therapeutic relationship or promise of care. Please consult the privacy policy for more information

REPORT ABUSE

Clive

Thaks Dr J .

My GP is complete virgin as far as adult ADD is concerned .

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

You’ll be his first. If he is open to be educated, then you have actually helped him see the light. Direct him to this and other relevant web sites. Better still, have him get a copy of the the documentary ADD and Loving It?! and watch it together so he can be educating you but really educating himself. Do it in 15 minute chunks so he can get his billing in.

REPORT ABUSE

Clive

lol

Thank s

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)