Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Biphentin and Concerta

Biphentin and Concerta2010-09-06T15:52:36+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Psychostimulants – General Biphentin and Concerta

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

I know CAMH won’t accept any adult ADHD patients, but they might at least know of some recent psychiatry grads who’d be willing & able to take new patients. Failing that, it’s trawling the records on the College of Physicians & Surgeons website.

The gigs involve singing & telling comic anecdotes at events, parties, and retirement homes. When I perform solo, I’ve learned that I have to plan everything thoroughly (including my travel, on public transit), arrange for what I need at the venue in advance, and refer to my watch during the show, so I don’t run over- or under-time. This works very well for me, when it’s just me. But when the other person has severe, undiagnosed ADHD, and is all over the place, I can’t make them follow my plan. All I can do is keep myself on-track as much as possible, and be prepared with a “Plan B”, just in case. Performing is “exciting” enough for me, without the added “excitement” of trying to keep the other person on-track!

REPORT ABUSE

Clive

Hi Guys ,

I understand completly , ADD is so under the radar untill you know the difference then its like a sledge hammer .

Its what people deal with everyday but with us it can draging you down so quickly , it just take putting of one thing for me to plumet into dispair .

Going to the DOCs for check up and evaluation for increasing my dosesage next week . I have never seen him so much.

My wife see a big difference in me , which is good exercise is working to , power walked 18km last Saturday , i need to exercise.

Sleep is the one thing i can not control , whinny dog at 2.00am does not work for me , is there a natrual sleep aide out there .

I heard that Super sleep from webber natruals is good , does any body know if it good with Biphentin.

Am i rambling , sorry ..Its good to vent every now and then .

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

Try Melatonin, to help you sleep. It’s the naturally-occurring substance that your brain uses to relax and fall asleep. If you’re not producing enough, that can be a problem. Melatonin is safe and fairly inexpensive, and is available in the vitamin aisle of most drug stores.

But, just to make sure it’s okay for you to take it, talk to your pharmacist first.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried biphentin for a couple of weeks, and I didn’t see much difference in my thinking. In fact, I had one extremely weird side effect: my knees kept bothering me. I have a lot of anxiety, and I do occasionally get very restless legs, but when I was on biphentin it got totally ridiculous. I felt like some old lady getting a touch of the rhematiz during a thunderstorm…except it was happening all day, every day.

My knees stopped bothering me after I stopped taking the medication, and my shrink told me I shouldn’t bother with meds anymore because my body probably can’t tolerate them. (I tried Strattera before that) :S

REPORT ABUSE

Clive

Thats to bad Megatron , My doc slowly increased my dosage and i was lucky not to have any side affects .

Over the week between Christmas and New years i had some kind of infection , up and down fevers swollen glangs and headaches .Desicided to not take my Bipthentin for a couple of days, went for a coffee with my wife and friend and i was totally blown away on how i felt .

Decaf coffee , but i was 10 times as bad as the Dog on Up .

I was not making eye contact with anybody even when they were talking to me , i was looking out the window , infact i could not concentrate on anything .

When we left my wife and i talked about what happened ,it was weired like a out of the body experience .

The weird thing was i knew excatly what was happening .

I know i went cold turkey , but if i was half that bad before the drugs i now know why i had no friends and bad relationships .

Back on track now , and would thank my wife for starting on this journey to get a handle on this condition .(Is condition the right word)

Cheers

Clive

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

First time here and have to share my experience. My daughter was diagnosed with ADD in December 2010, I passed the same test because I knew I had a similar condition and indeed was positive for ADD as well. We both started 10mg Biphentin at the same time, she stopped at 30mg, myself I am currently at 50mg and will start 60mg next week. The changes in my daughter we astounding. She is 7yrs old, could not finish any homework assignment, could not sit still for more than 5 minutes, procrastinated on everything and had a hard time remembering things you told her the same day. 6 weeks after starting this medication, I can say that while she still procrastinates on certain things, her homework is smooth, she is able to sit and complete it that same night, she even sat down by herself one day and started doing homework alone ! When I saw that, I was convinced i took one too many Bipenthin’s and was hallucinating! Side effects have been less appetite and trouble falling asleep. That’s minimal when you consider what she has been able to accomplish as school.

Myself, i’m 39 yrs old, and knew I had this condition since childhood and it gradually worsened with age. When I was in school, ADD was confused for being “lazy” so I was never properly diagnosed or treated. Overall, I could not be happier with the changes this treatment has made in me. I am able to focus better, talk more clearly and articulately, at work rather than doing 5 things at once, I can control myself and do 1 – 2 maybe 3 things without confusing what i was doing. My social life if better because I can talk to the people I am surrounded by and not drift off into a cloud and not listen to them. Amazing change. Side effects are minimal to none other than the occasional dizzy spell, but unsure if it is related. It’s great to come home and not have the mental fatigue that took me away from enjoying activities with my family.

I know this medication can’t work for everyone, there are so many components to ADD, everyone if different. For us , it’s been great and I look forward to responding on this forum and contributing our experiences.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Need some advice if anyone has any ideas ….. My daughter ( 7 yrs old, 40mg Biphentin daily), has trouble falling asleep , it could sometimes take up to 2 hrs, she is calm during this time, but frustrated as she doesn’t understand why she has this trouble now. Also has noticeable reduction in appetite. She doesn’t eat nowhere near as much as she used to and is starting to lose weight. I would prefer a natural solution if possible, I read about Melatonin being a possibility, but it is safe for a 7yr old ?

thanks in advance !

REPORT ABUSE

Clive

Hi Alexander Keith,

We talk about natrual sleep aids in the forum sleep .

Check it there some great natrual sleep aids.

Cheers

Clive

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello All,

I am new to this site but far from new to the Burdens of ADD! All though I have not been professionally diagnosed, I am certain I have it, in fact, I scored 18/18 on the ADD Test! That is the best grade I have ever received in my life! LOL

Here is a bit of my background… I was a very energetic kid that had a very tuff time focusing. I was smart but could not focus. I found myself distracting others with my obsession with negative attention. I was in shock when I heard someone on this site say that Their Teacher announced to the whole class that they FAILED. That happened to me in grade 2. I would love to find that Teacher today! GRRRRR!!! Anyways, I am very athletic, intelligent and caring! I have done some stupid impulsive things in my 40 years in this world that I regret! I knew that I wasn’t a Bad person, but couldn’t understand why I was so irresponsible with my decisions. I didn’t complete high school until I went back in my Twenties than somehow completed a Computer Programming Diploma. It was so tuff for me to comprehend the material. Till this day, I have never read a whole novel. Just can’t focus that long. On my fortieth Birthday I was struggling to read my Birthday cards outloud to my friends, I was sooo embarrased. I can read but not infront of people with distractions.

I have had several jobs and career changes. Thank god I found sales. Now I am a licenced Realtor and doing OK. Everyone tells me that I should be a TOP agent. I am great at it and people love working with me. They just don’t know how disorganized I am. My office looks like an episode of Hoarders. I am behind in my taxes by 3 years. I attempt to clean and organize but get paralyzed shortly into it.

I am so looking forward to being in control of my life and getting my career to the level it should be.

Oh by the way, my son has ADD and is on Biphentin 40g.. Curiously, I have tried it but it makes me feel like a drank 40 Coffees. Very anxious. Is there any medication that can help me focus without the anxiety side affects???

Thanks,

Remax

REPORT ABUSE

Clive

Hi Remax,

Welcome , My doctor slowly increased my dosage , making sure my Blood pressure was ok everytime he increased my dosage .

I am now on 30mg Biphentin for the last 3 months .

I think i may ask to go up to 40mg when i see him next week .

I know how you feel , everything was so overwhelming .

Go get diagnosed , and get on with the rest of your life.

Cheers

Clive

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Clive, i will defiantly check out that section.

Remax – I think your intro could be a carbon copy of mine, i’ll be 40 this year, and let a very similar lifestyle and experiences as you have. I agree with Clive, my doc started me at 10mg and increased by 10mg each week while monitoring my pressure. During that time, I took detailed notes on how I was feeling, what was better, what was not, questions and concerns which I presented at each visit. I was on 50mg for 2 weeks before going to 60. Reason for this is because I noticed that when I would increase the dose, I would have periods of frustration, I was impatient and irritable.. this would last for 1 or 2 days. I was told also that biphentin can increase the effects on other stimulants as well … such as coffee, energy drinks and so on. I noticed I really need to watch my intake of alcoholic beverages .

Now i’ve been on 60mg for almost 4 weeks, and it’s been a life changer for the better. Best part is having more mental energy for my kids when I get home from work and my spouse as well.

REPORT ABUSE

Clive

Hi Alexanderkeith,

You are on 60mg , hope you dont mind can i ask how much you weight and height .

I am on 30 mg i was ok for about a month then it started to wear off .

I am 6’2″ and 270.

Cheers

Clive

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Clive – 6’4. 250

I’m very comfortable at 60mg. You’re at the same level as my daughter (she’s 7yrs old) .

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Clive, have you increased your dose? how are things going?

REPORT ABUSE

Clive

Hi Alex ,

No i have not , been a little stressed lately , BP up .

Trying to launch a new product , and stuff .

Going back to GP in May .

Thanks for asking , how you doing?

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)