Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Frustated with having ADD

Frustated with having ADD2012-02-17T03:34:41+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Cranky/Arguing/Frustrated Frustated with having ADD

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Robbo

I’m glad you’ve got ADD @mulegirltx. It’s our gain. Other peoples pain!. lol.

I bet lot’s of folks in your life are happy about it too.

You reminded me of when my daughter was about 11 or 12. We used to always go to a bead store in Santa Cruz. Really a cool place. Cool cool beads too.

She made a very cool necklace. Super awesome. Picked out each and every bead by hand. Then put it together 100% by herself. No help from dad.

The kids at school didn’t believe that she made it!. It was so well done that they didn’t think she made it!. It looked too “store bought”. Ice cold brats I tell ya…

She’s way beyond talented. Way before her time -as the proud Father says-… I would think this regardless.

The kids at school backed me up too.

She’s not likely an ADDer like me. She’s more like… well, she’s Gods kid. I’m just her dad.

Kids are amazing, wonderful, n smart. And they help us grow up a lot.

I’m grateful.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

@Mulegirltx, I’m especially fond of those beautiful iridescent green Jewel Beetles.

Did you know that the famous Victorian actress, Ellen Terry, wore a costume decorated with thousands of shimmering green beetle wings, when she played Lady Macbeth?

There’s a famous painting of her as Lady M., wearing the gown.  And the gown itself was recently restored and is now on display in England.  (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1366616/Victorian-beetle-wing-dress-worn-Ellen-Terry-display-50k-repair-job.html)

That iridescent green shimmer is so mesmerisingly beautiful, that I made a raincoat for myself, using iridescent green mylar-coated fabric.  When I wear it on a rainy day, I shimmer just like an enormous Jewel Beetle!

(Bonus:  The coat seems to be car-proof.  Because would YOU want to have to explain to a cop why you didn’t see it crossing the road before you hit it?)

REPORT ABUSE

mulegirltx

@weiners n beans, I don’t know how grateful some folks in my life are right now…but thank you so much for your kind thoughts and words. I actually embrace my childlike curiosity and hope it NEVER goes away…

And on that note, I love, love, love the creative minds and posts here. Yours are so much fun. And Larynxa could be my psychological twin. I’m so happy to find this place of interesting people. Like I have said before, I’m sure grateful we exist, as I can’t imagine how boring the world would be without those of us on this end of the mind spectrum–just poke my eyes out now and put me out of my misery! LOL.

@Larynxa, OH YES!! I LOVE jewel beetles. When I came back to Texas in 2006, I was living on a wonderful ranch (my dream life and home). We had the most incredibly beautiful beetles there who ate only the Russian thistles. They had not just the green, but also an irridescent blue mixed in! I should see if I can find the photos I took of them. Amazing.

And I recall reading once about Ellen Terry’s dress for Lady Macbeth. Lovely! Thanks for the link. I will always envision you shimmering your way across traffic whenever it rains now. 🙂 See–another wonderful trait in a fellow traveler on this end of the spectrum.

REPORT ABUSE

mulegirltx

@weiners n beans, I don’t know how grateful some folks in my life are right now…but thank you so much for your kind thoughts and words. I actually embrace my childlike curiosity and hope it NEVER goes away…

And on that note, I love, love, love the creative minds and posts here. Yours are so much fun. And Larynxa could be my psychological twin. I’m so happy to find this place of interesting people. Like I have said before, I’m sure grateful we exist, as I can’t imagine how boring the world would be without those of us on this end of the mind spectrum–just poke my eyes out now and put me out of my misery! LOL.

@Larynxa, OH YES!! I LOVE jewel beetles. When I came back to Texas in 2006, I was living on a wonderful ranch (my dream life and home). We had the most incredibly beautiful beetles there who ate only the Russian thistles. They had not just the green, but also an irridescent blue mixed in! I should see if I can find the photos I took of them. Amazing.

And I recall reading once about Ellen Terry’s dress for Lady Macbeth. Lovely! Thanks for the link. I will always envision you shimmering your way across traffic whenever it rains now. 🙂 See–another wonderful trait in a fellow traveler on this end of the spectrum.

REPORT ABUSE

Faequine

Wow, bugs…. Coolest ones i get to see are (if they are there) the ones i see at the ERAS show and sale, sometimes we get to see rare peeks at the illegal ones people have permits to keep.

It’s been rough today, had a rough evening where He kept us up till 1 or 2 am. Apparently he really really needs needs his MJ just to stand being around me or else i just piss him off constantly. Blah.

I don’t know what to do when trying to combat something. I’ve somewhat tried the one at a time approach. Gets blown up because something else happens and ruins everything, there is now patience from him. I try reading, but am unable to apply things mentioned because i want to finish the book to be able to get a picture of everything they talk about and that’s taking too long. I also severely suck in conflicting situations and can never do or respond to anything correctly.

I think the more that happens, the more i realize we have nothing in common. He pointed out it never used to be that way, that i used to do things that he liked. Like reading, that i rarely do anymore because i am a bad judge of when it is a good time to do so. Same with drawing. I still have my fish and reptiles but he hates them. I zone out too much on them, just like the other things.

I have found i thrive with structure and routine, and i brought up the idea of applying the same strategy for at home. He has totally not thrilled about it, said i’d be even more like the old lady that i act like. Apparently I’m 80 not 26 ish.

He keeps bringing up how i need to get back on the meds and go to counselling. Completely ignoring how much $ would be involved. Apparently eliminating pizza and stuff is going to come up with the hundreds we would need. I know it’s not possible, it be maybe 80 bucks. But when it comes to eliminating those kinds of expenses, i have given up so much and he gives up almost nothing. So my response to him last night was, find the money yourself, because i can’t. I get maybe 50 bucks for my Tea, and occasional munchies (cheezies or chips) and all the pet expenses, he gets 250-300 for MJ, smokes and beer, because he needs it. Oh and his pop 1-2 or more a day and 2 or more chocolate bars a day. And if he finds any cash that’s what he spends it on. Its unfair.

I apparently don’t do anything for my ADD, but i’ve given up so much because of it, and he doesn’t even realize, or just says it’s all my fault because if i was normal i could still do most things. I somewhat feel trapped by both him and my ADD.

Ugh. I think there’s something i was supposed to google, pretty sure i made sure to make a note about it. Time to get on it.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)