Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Funny "Diagnostic Indicators"

Funny "Diagnostic Indicators"2010-12-09T06:48:34+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Funny Funny "Diagnostic Indicators"

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I first heard about adult ADD on Oprah, maybe 10 years ago. I thought “how silly, I have all fifteen of those indicators & I don’t have ADD! Why, sometimes I’ll concentrate or work on something all night without a break!”

One of the signs was reading more than one book at a time. Well, I usually have a book I’m reading slowly next to the bed, one by the TV, two by my favourite chair, and then I’ll read one all in one sitting. It’s not that I’ve quit reading some, I’ll finish them all, but all at different speeds, like a little bit each day, a lot each day, a little once in awhile, a lot once in awhile. I thought everyone did that.

I wonder if any of you also do this: I get dressed for work & if my zipper breaks I’ll pin it, if a hem is falling down I’ll duct tape it . I don’t just get another (item of clothing) because if I put something somewhere, say, to sew another button on, it’ll just stay there, next to the pile of stuff I’m supposed to take to the drycleaner’s. So sometimes I feel like I’m held together by paperclips & tape. There’s a small piece of wire from a twist tie in my glasses right now where the screw fell out.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wonder also how many of us run out of gas when the fuel gauge is working just fine?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

How about trouble keeping your cell phone battery charged?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not everyone reads multiple books at once?! Crazy-talk, lol. I always have at least 3 going at once. One in my car that I read during lunch breaks or before work, and 2 by the bed. I read whichever bedside book I’m in the mood for that night.

Just like you, I always finish them all, just at different times!

REPORT ABUSE

walkwithfarmgirl

My bed and night table could be mistaken for a public library. Variety is the spice of life!!

REPORT ABUSE

anniea

You mean not everybody reads books and watches tv?? No way..!! Haven’t been able to read more than two books at a time since my girls arrived…Reading ADD friendly ways to Organize your Life…very cool…and I have resigned myself to carrying my phone charger with me in my work bag, and of course I have a car charger..I carry it in a green zip bag so I can find it..

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Phone trees. I hate the damn things. Push 1 to get blahblah, push2 to get blah blah, push… it’s so hard just to get through the first menu, let alone the businesses that make you go through 4 or 5!! I have to turn off every noise, make sure nothing is uncomfortable or scratchy, and close my eyes and then maybe… maybe I can get through the damn phone tree.

There’s a good diagnostic.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ECinABw3 – om my god. i had a piece of wire from a twist-tie in my last pair of glasses for YEARS!!! sometimes it would work loose and the lens would fall out, and i’d just replace it with a new one… i run out of gas all the time – in fact one station near me would just laugh when i walked in. and i keep phone chargers in the car and house, and keep a battery powered one in my camera bag.

……and i like sleeping (alone) in a kingsize bed because you can sleep with a whole bookshelf worth of books, and pick and choose what you want to read. :) now i just keep tons of them in my pocket on my ipod touch! you mean other people don’t read more than one book at once???

re:clothes. i went to my highschool graduation in pants with a ductape hem. :)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

i have a paperclip holding my glasses arm onto my gasses! lol. holds up very well and quite stylish i might say :)

those “eyeglass repair kits” are useless!!!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I juggle multiple books as well. Usually because I start one and misplace it.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

firefox is evil for multitaskers, I regularly have 4 + tabs open and I am working in all of them, and I don’t even have a job!

REPORT ABUSE

Dennis

I have this ritual, sort of. I go borrow two or three books from the public library, books that I believe I have a true interest in. A day or two before my books are due back, the library sends me a e-mail reminder. This, of course, reminds me that I have books somewhere, possibly hidden, in the house that – 1) I do not own, and 2) I have yet to read. My first move is to renew my library loan online, and like they say in Vegas, let it ride. If any book needs to be returned because of requests, I mount a hasty search ASAP. The first place I look, just for giggles, is where I “always” put library books I haven’t read. Then I proceed to the nearest pile-o-stuff and methodically use my amazing mutant power of stackafication -in reverse. This, oddly enough, is punctuated by the re-stackafication of the de-stackafide stack of stuff. If I have not found the books by then, I try to summon the missing books using strange incantations, verbiage strongly resembling curse words. From out of these constant mutterings, a powerful voice arises from on high, “Did you even bring them in from the car?” Well, I don’t know! She has been right a fairly regular basis, so I better check. Good thing I married her. She has never questioned why I borrow books and never read them, she just knows that’s what I do.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

about books….

i went into barnes & noble last night to look for some of the books that have been recommended here on the forum. i walk in the door and they have all these nifty sale books in the entry way, then inside the door was a woman demonstrating an e-reader, then there were shiny decorations and BIG huge books…and about 10 feet inside the door i stopped and thought to myself…”why did i come in here?”

and when i remembered i just started laughing out loud. :)

REPORT ABUSE

Dennis

i went into barnes & noble last night to look for some of the books that have been recommended here on the forum. i walk in the door and they have all these nifty sale books in the entry way, then inside the door was a woman demonstrating an e-reader, then there were shiny decorations and BIG huge books…and about 10 feet inside the door i stopped and thought to myself…”why did i come in here?”

and when i remembered i just started laughing out loud. :)

Yes!!! The challenge of successfully making a bee-line to section you want! lol

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep, once a button comes off a blouse…it’s over. It’ll never be mended.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)