Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Things an ADDer WOULD say…

Things an ADDer WOULD say…2012-12-31T06:37:17+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Odd Symptoms/Behaviours/Signs Things an ADDer WOULD say…

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Galadriel724
    Participant

Quoted directly from an email to my shrink (who has been my loyal prescriber for 10 yrs and is awesome enough to use various forms of technology to keep treating me 2000 miles away).
    “I know I mailed you that check. Because it’s not under the front seat of the car, where it was for 2 months. In fact I am almost entirely sure that I mailed it. But I might remember doing that because I procrastinated it so long that it just seems like it. Crap. I have no idea where it is.” It was on the way. Despite my pleading and offers to pay whatever service charge is involved, she has not switched to electronic payments. So I send her double payments, so that stuff is half as often….

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Sounds like you’ve got a great therapist @Galadriel724 hmm. I copy n pasted your name cuz that’s easier than typing it. Looks like I may have discovered an “Easter Egg” type of feature here. Not really but my imagination sure does not ever quit!.

I found these quotes surfing around in my documents folder… Hope you guys like em. I bet I found them all in the same place on the net after surfing here, then clicking a link from someones post…

R-

“I’m sorry…I wasn’t paying attention to what I was thinking” -Shelley Curtiss

“I was trying to daydream but my mind kept wandering.” -Steven Wright

“Punctuality is the virture of the bored.” -Evelyn Waugh

“I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with a soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.” — Jim Morrison, musician

“I had a terrible education. I attended a school for emotionally disturbed teachers.” — Woody Allen

“I prefer to distinguish ADD as attention abundance disorder. Everything is just so interesting . . . remarkably at the same time.” — Frank Coppola, MA, ODC, ACG
    “ADD is like going through life, carrying a one-man band contraption with a broken strap.” -Julia Smith-Ruetz

“My room may be a mess but it’s an organized mess. I know right where everything is.” -Brandon Curtiss

“It’s a damn poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word!” — Andrew Jackson

“To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.” — Thomas Edison

“All human evil comes from a single cause, man’s inability to sit still in a room.” — Blaise Pascal

“It has been said that idleness is the parent of mischief, which is very true; but mischief itself is merely an attempt to escape from the dreary vacuum of idleness.” — George Borrow

“Too much rest becomes a pain.” — Homer

REPORT ABUSE

ipsofacto

“I’ll just have to wing it” is one of my common thoughts too. By the seat of my pants comes to mind as well.

“Sailing close to wind” has always struck a chord with me.

I’ll gas/petrol in the morning on my way to work….

I don’t need to take notes….

I’ll get to know everyone’s names over time….

My pay will be in by the time that check clears….

I can’t face the task at the moment, but I’ll do something else to make me feel like I’m making progress….

I thought it was somewhere around here when I looked at google maps before leaving home….

No problem, I’ll get that done in no time at all…

I like to have everything organized….

Who moved my ……

Has anyone seen a ……

hello, have you found a ******** in the store/pub/station….?

just a moment while I make some space for you to sit down….

Let’s take your vehicle….

If I wait till spring, those low tire pressure warnings will go away…

I’d better get an oil change before I take the car to dealer for a service….

I only just paid that bill…

No point in looking at that bill until pay day….

I’ll only be a minute….

I’m about five minutes away….

The traffic was terrible this morning….

There must have been an accident on the freeway…..

I could go on all night

REPORT ABUSE

redarno
    Participant

“oh crap, i totally forgot !”

“i’ll deal with that bill later”

“what?”

Hello four times to the same person on the very same morning(i has problems with faces.)

“that appointment was today?”

“I had a terrible education. I attended a school for emotionally disturbed teachers.” — Woody Allen

i repost that one just because. It’s excellent

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

So the next time my wife points to all the junk I have in store, I’ll just say “Those are all my inventions that will make us rich . . . as soon as I have time to put them together.”

Following is a joke about what an ADDer might text.

A wife, being the romantic sort, sent her husband a text:

If you are sleeping, send me your dreams.

If you are laughing, send me your smile.

If you are eating, send me a bite.

If you are drinking send me a sip.

If you are crying, send me your tears.

I love you!

The ADD husband’s reply:

“I am on the commode. Please advise.”

REPORT ABUSE

Fabulous

Where did I put my ADHD book??

REPORT ABUSE

Liz
    Participant

I texted this to my coach when I was going to be late (insert sigh here) for my 1:45 pm appointment in Aurora:

…..@1:43….going 120kph on 404 @ Bloomington & texting…….me ADHD?……No doubts!

REPORT ABUSE

mulegirltx

I am SO glad I finally found this site. I’ve had a trying week with people who don’t appreciate my making jokes about my ADD (just too, too serious and uptight “normal” people).

sar316–I LOVE the TV example. I have so done that–and more than a few dozen times. In just the past month.

And Duffie — I snorted iced tea out of my nose at the eyes got stuck example.

Lots of funnies here…Thanks all.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

“It’s a damn poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word!” — Andrew Jackson

I remember the interesting alternative spelling that my Latin teacher showed us, one day, to demonstrate why English is such a hard language to learn phonetically:  ghoti

gh (as in “tough”)
    o (as in “women”)
    ti (as in “function)

Therefore ghoti is an alternative spelling for fish!

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

The ADD husband’s reply:

“I am on the commode. Please advise.”

@Robbo, that confirms the results of this recent survey:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mobile-phones/9914594/Quarter-of-men-admit-to-sitting-down-on-the-loo-so-they-can-keep-using-mobile-phone.html

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)